THE BROWNS BOARD

Suck It, Osama Bin Mendenhall... (Torn Acl)

Cobra Kai

Pittsburgh struggled TWICE trying to beat a 4-12 football team, and were LUCKY to come away with wins. Can anyone say "one and done" in the playoffs for the Squeelers? They're terrible, and (honest)Squeeler fans know it.

What planet do you live on?

1. You and I both know the Browns get up for the Steelers and despite your putrid record your defense is actually pretty stout

2. Ben was healthy for neither game and if he had been several drives where he could have ran for first downs would have been extended, instead they died on the field because of the d-line pressure and Ben not being able to extend the play

3. Redman fumbled twice, once he was blown up the second he was fighting for the extra yards, something he can't continually do which puts the ball at risk.

4. In the first game we also had two fumbles, once from ward and once from Miller, both killed drives well in to the redzone. Points weren't put on the board as a result.

I get that sh.it happens and those things happen to everyone but division games are tough for a reason, you know those opponents well and the teams get up for those games more than others. Now more on your "one and done" comment. You do realize we're playing the Broncos in the first round right? You know the team with Tim Tebow under center? He's barely a quarterback despite his efforts to get the Broncos in to the post season. Honest Steeler fans know making a Super bowl run hinges on Ben getting healthy. We have two dominant WR's and plenty of other weapons around those guys. Redman, Clay and Moore (if healthy) will do just fine carrying the rock. You should also take in to consideration that Woodley and Harrison have been on the field less than a handful of times together all season. If Woodley is healthy its a entirely new dynamic that has been missing most of the year. I know the Browns and the fan base hates the Steelers, the feeling are mutual believe me. However you don't have to be a damn moron and the above is absolutely moronic. Get real.

How many ppl here served in their country? Not many

I don't agree with many things that ur old ignorant ass generation says

Oh...btw we just passed a law that says the federal government can detain ppl and hold them without reason or cause

That's an internment camp bitches

a lot of people on here have served their country and i'm one of them. just because you 'chose' not to doesn't make you right and me wrong. what would you do if they imposed the military draft again? would you run?

killing on any level is wrong, but some people don't belong in a civil society. some should have never been born. most extremists are made by fanatic parents. i.e. racism, religios views etc. drop a bomb on 'em all i say.

oh and about the new law, don't do anything wrong and you've got nothing to worry about. but if you care so much why not become a lawyer and join the aclu?

Couldn't have happened to a bigger scumbag, than that terrorist loving douche...

LINK

You're an idiot.

Mendenhall's comments were inappropriate -- and Steelers message boards were full of people who were offended and upset by them. I myself did not like them either -- but I attribute them to his immaturity and ignorance. However, if the worst thing about him is that he was not celebrating in the taking of the life of another human being, no matter how dispicable that person was, that hardly makes him a terrorist lover. How many people have made stupid comments in their early 20s that you look back on and realize how stupid they were?

However, you want to talk about dispicable people on here: because I grew up in Ohio as a Steelers fan, that P.O.S. on this site who champions how many NFL Titles won by the Akron and Canton teams in the 1920s claimed I cheered the WTC attacks. Compared to Mendenhall, that's a worthless human being. I don't care what football team you root for, that's a line you don't cross.

I don't care who you are, if you have to relish in the misfortune of another individual, in particular because he wears the jersey of another team, you seriously need to evaluate yourself. Like the "fans" who hoped that Ben died in the car accident or hoped that he raped that girl so you don't have to play against him. Get a grip, it's football, not life. Get things into perspective -- I lost my best friend to a senseless murder in a home invasion just over a year ago and still have yet to fully heal from that loss.

Pittsburgh struggled TWICE trying to beat a 4-12 football team, and were LUCKY to come away with wins. Can anyone say "one and done" in the playoffs for the Squeelers? They're terrible, and (honest)Squeeler fans know it.

Back-to-back 12-4 seasons, #1 ranked defense two years running, Defending AFC Champions---And you're calling this "Terrible"? Yeah, your "one and done" prediction has all the credibility of Kim Kardashian's wedding vows.

Can anyone say that since 2004, the Steelers have beaten the Browns 15 out of the 16 games and outscored them 420-180.

Can anyone say that since 2004, over an 8 year span, it will mark their 100th win (including playoffs).

Can anyone say that since 1992, the Browns have 99 wins total (including playoffs) - including 2 playoff appearances.

Can anyone say that since 1992, the Steelers have 11 Division Titles, 14 playoff appearances, 17 playoff wins, 4 AFC Championships and 2 Super Bowls.

Yep, all "lucky".

If you're honest with yourself, you'd realize that the only Browns win over the Steelers in the last 16 games was due to be "lucky".

For bein an angry old bitch and tellin everybody what my post said, you sure don't sound like you read my original post

I read every goddam stupid word.

It doesn't matter what political views I have...what my views on killing are

Who said it did. This isn't a referendum on your political views...it is a referendum on your moral views.

You guys are being less American by telling me I can't or shouldn't say something than I am by defending my beliefs

No one said you couldn't or shouldn't have said what you said..but your words have consequences. You are free to say them....and we are free to bitch slap you for saying them. Just because you are free to speak words (or type words) does not mean that you free to do so with impunity

Not true

How many ppl here served in their country? Not many

How do you define service? I have served my country/community for 30 years. Just not necessarily militarily.

I don't agree with many things that ur old ignorant ass generation says

That is because you are young and stupid...and you have a lot to learn. And I may not agree with a lot of what your young ignorant ass says.

Oh...btw we just passed a law that says the federal government can detain ppl and hold them without reason or cause

That's an internment camp bitches

A. The statement you make paints with a broad brush. That law may be far more nuanced than the way you characterize it.

B. That law is also subject to constitutional scrutiny. If it is unsconstitutional it can be struck down by the courts...though I am sure that is something your young dumb ass had no clue about.

Back-to-back 12-4 seasons, #1 ranked defense two years running, Defending AFC Champions---And you're calling this "Terrible"? Yeah, your "one and done" prediction has all the credibility of Kim Kardashian's wedding vows.

Can anyone say that since 2004, the Steelers have beaten the Browns 15 out of the 16 games and outscored them 420-180.

Can anyone say that since 2004, over an 8 year span, it will mark their 100th win (including playoffs).

Can anyone say that since 1992, the Browns have 99 wins total (including playoffs) - including 2 playoff appearances.

Can anyone say that since 1992, the Steelers have 11 Division Titles, 14 playoff appearances, 17 playoff wins, 4 AFC Championships and 2 Super Bowls.

Yep, all "lucky".

If you're honest with yourself, you'd realize that the only Browns win over the Steelers in the last 16 games was due to be "lucky".

Thanks for the history lesson. That was then, this is now.

The one reason the Steelers may not be one and done is simple: Tim Tebow. He can't play QB in this league and the Broncos likely won't score. Beyond that, forget it. This ain't the 2005 Steeler defense.

By the way, shouldn't you perhaps be on the Broncos board bothering them? Last time I heard it was them who you are playing this week, not the Browns.

I don't care who you are, if you have to relish in the misfortune of another individual, in particular because he wears the jersey of another team, you seriously need to evaluate yourself. Like the "fans" who hoped that Ben died in the car accident or hoped that he raped that girl so you don't have to play against him. Get a grip, it's football, not life. Get things into perspective -- I lost my best friend to a senseless murder in a home invasion just over a year ago and still have yet to fully heal from that loss.

That sucks about your friend, no doubt.

Perspective, yes we all need some. I get really pissed when my Browns lose, especially to the division rivals at home. Once again though, we all have our own makeup & that creates different perspectives. I don't understand how parents will but their kid a Big Ben jersey, for instance. A grown adult, donning a Big Ben jersey, well let's just say that his perspective is about Ben the player, because most wouldn't condone Ben the person, right?

Big Ben isn't the only jackass in sports. He just happens to be the biggest jackass mentioned on this board all the time. Big Ben has done some dumb shit, Mendenhall said some dumb shit.

It really took some brains to come up with this babble. I hope all Browns fans aren't this stupid! This is like telling someone they get more sex than someone else because they are a crack whore!

Key words of stupidity

BEAT a 4-12 team = Key word is BEAT

LUCKY to come away with wins = Key word is WINS

"one and done" in the playoffs = Key word is one as to Browns NONE!

They're terrible = Key word is They're(must mean Browns)

You're an idiot and here is a ESPN inside article for your reading pleasure.

The 1976 Pittsburgh Steelers offered a lesson in the limitations of how far a team can go when trying to overcome injuries.

That club was one of the most talented in NFL history (it boasted nine Hall of Famers among its starting 22), and that skill level allowed the Steelers to bounce back from a 1-4 start -- and the loss of Terry Bradshaw -- to post 10 straight wins on the way to a berth in the AFC Championship Game.

Making it to that contest was quite an achievement, but it turned out to be the high-water mark of the year. Pittsburgh lost both of its starting running backs in an AFC divisional playoff win against the Baltimore Colts. Those losses were just too much even for this roster, and it led to a stagnant offense and a 24-7 defeat at the hands of the Oakland Raiders.

The current Pittsburgh roster doesn't quite have the stockpile of Hall of Fame-caliber candidates, but unlike that 1976 team, this year's Steelers should be able to use a diverse set of strengths to work around their health limitations. If they can, this is a team fully capable of making a Super Bowl run.

It starts with Pittsburgh's running game. Losing Rashard Mendenhall to a season-ending ACL injury hurts, but the Steelers' season-long totals in the good blocking yards per attempt (GBYPA) metric indicate it might not be a huge loss.

For those unfamiliar with GBYPA, it is a game tape-based statistic that measures how productive a ball carrier is on plays when he is given good blocking (which is loosely defined as when the blockers do not allow the defense to do anything to disrupt a rushing attempt).

Mendenhall posted a 7.2-yard total in this category, which is quite good (6.5 is normally the league average) but is less than the 8.8-yard GBYPA mark posted by the rest of Pittsburgh's ball carriers. This means that, as dynamic as he is often described as being,, Mendenhall should not be very hard to replace in terms of production (a sentiment shared by ESPN.com AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley). Quite simply: If the ground game dries up, it won't be because of an injury. It'll be about what's happening up front.

The Steelers also might have one of the best starting wide receiver tandems in the NFL in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The amazing thing about this tandem is how their skills go far beyond how we often hear them described. This pair is far more than two deep threats.

To get an idea of just how dominant these two are, check out their season totals at each route depth level:

Mike Wallace's 2011 season

Route Depth Comp Att Yds TD Int Pen Pen Yds YPA

Short (1-10 yards) 47 58 503 2 1 0 0 8.7

Medium (11-19 yards) 15 26 223 1 1 0 0 8.6

Deep (20-29 yards) 1 3 25 1 0 0 0 8.3

Bomb (30+ yards) 8 19 431 4 1 2 84 24.5

Other (throwaways, etc.) 1 1 11 0 0 0 0 11.0

Total 72 107 1193 8 3 2 84 11.7

Vertical (11+ yards) 24 48 679 6 2 2 84 15.3

Stretch Vertical (20+ yards) 9 22 456 5 1 2 84 22.5

Antonio Brown's 2011 season

Route Depth Comp Att Yds TD Int Pen Pen Yds YPA

Short (1-10 yards) 27 39 221 1 0 1 2 5.6

Medium (11-19 yards) 34 53 676 1 1 1 14 12.8

Deep (20-29 yards) 8 18 211 0 1 0 0 11.7

Bomb (30+ yards) 0 4 0 0 1 0 0 0.0

Other (throwaways, etc.) 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.0

Total 69 115 1108 2 3 2 16 9.6

Vertical (11+ yards) 42 75 887 1 3 1 14 11.9

Stretch Vertical (20+ yards) 8 22 211 0 2 0 0 9.6

The first item that comes to mind when viewing these numbers is the fact that Pittsburgh nearly pulled off the rare feat of having two wideouts with double-digit overall YPA totals.

The next most notable statistics are Wallace's short pass totals, both from a YPA perspective (8.7) and an overall yardage perspective (503). Wallace is rightfully thought of as being one of the most dangerous downfield receiving threats in the NFL, but his short pass skills are so prolific that he gained more yards on those dink-and-dunk throws than he did on stretch vertical passes.

That is surprising enough, but the most shocking aspect of these figures is that Brown was actually targeted for 27 more vertical passes than Wallace this year and outpaced him on vertical yards by more than 200 yards. Brown doesn't possess Wallace's ability to put fear in the heart of a defense with raw speed, but his prowess at the medium depth level means he is just as much of a game plan nightmare.

These strengths might be enough on their own to help carry Pittsburgh through Ben Roethlisberger's ankle injury, but they are helped by the fact that the Steelers are really the only fully rounded team in the playoffs. They have the ability to move the ball on the ground and through the air on offense, and they are dominant at stopping both the pass and the run on defense (something evidenced by Pittsburgh's No. 1 ranking in pass yards allowed, total yards allowed and points allowed).

Pittsburgh might be able to make the "most well-rounded" claim only when Roethlisberger is healthy, but since it had the good fortune of landing what looks to be a very favorable first-round matchup against the Denver Broncos (who can make a strong claim to being the weakest team in the 2011 NFL playoffs), it means the odds are quite strong that a team is going to have to beat a healthy Roethlisberger at some point in the postseason.

If that turns out to be the case, this Pittsburgh squad might end up mimicking its Super Bowl XL predecessor by turning a low playoff seed into a world championship.

Way too long.. don't give a fuck. didn't read

Archived