THE BROWNS BOARD

Blackmon Beasting

Nw220

I just feel like the Rams wont pass up the LT Kahil, they very easily could go Blackmon but for some reason i feel they will go Kahil....I just feel like Washington is going to move up if not with us then they will try to leap frog us with Minnesota who is looking for Kahil but would they settle for Blackmon?? Or would they try and land Claiborne or perhaps trade with Washington with the belief they could still grab him at 6???I dont think they could because Tampa Bay is going to be looking at CB with Barber retiring and the possibility that Talib wont be there next year.

You're probably right. The Rams will probably go for Kalil. They have so much invested in Bradford that they can't afford him being on the ground another season as much as he has been so far. I could definitely see them going for Kalil. The Vikings have a terrible pass defense, so I could see them going for Claiborne. I could see us trading back to 6 so the Redskins get RGIII. I'd be worried about the Bucs picking him though.

After the performance he's putting on tonight. I'm 100% on the Blackmon bandwagon. It was either him or Richardson I saw us picking, but I want Blackmon now 100%.

You're probably right. The Rams will probably go for Kalil. They have so much invested in Bradford that they can't afford him being on the ground another season as much as he has been so far. I could definitely see them going for Kalil. The Vikings have a terrible pass defense, so I could see them going for Claiborne. I could see us trading back to 6 so the Redskins get RGIII. I'd be worried about the Bucs picking him though.

After the performance he's putting on tonight. I'm 100% on the Blackmon bandwagon. It was either him or Richardson I saw us picking, but I want Blackmon now 100%.

If you go back to last years pre draft threads you will see everyone talking about Jones and Green i knew ahead of time Green would not be there when we picked so i was lobbying hard for Blackmon...Thought he was a better player than Jones due to Jones hands, then he decided to return and i thought damn...

Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

I watched the Oregon USC game it wasnt their DBs that lost that game. James and the Ducks just ran all over them. Cant speak to the USC game. I would like to see his 40 times, if they are good then there is no reason not to take him at 4.

Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so

CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect

CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect

Yup, Coples is very underrated. Better talent than Sheard who is good. I just am not a Blackmon fan. We need a tall, tough WR who can play in the WCO. Blackmon would have been a nice next to BE back in the Chud days. As Heckert said himself, if you are expecting a WR with the first pick, forget it. There isn't one that is worth a top 5 pick that the Browns like. A bunch later on.

Im not sold on Coples and dont think hes worthy of a top 5 pick, if you wanna go that route we can easily trade down and grab him later on not in the top 5...Also i believe that Robert Quinn had better potential as a Pass Rusher than Coples

He has produced two years in a row against quality defenses and a slightly above average QB. As compared to last year when AJ Green didn't even come close to 1000 yards and Jones only got over 1100. Why wouldn't Heckert take a guy who has produced huge numbers over the past two seasons, a person that has great hands, body control, and route running, and has decent speed. Not to mention what a great person he is and good he will do for the community.

Agreed. There is no DE who's production or physical skills warrant a top 10 pick. Claiborne is boarder line as good as Blackmon, but I would rather see another season of Brown at starting CB than have to see another year of no true #1 WR.

Alot more Blackmon. Weeden is a decent QB but nothing great. Blackmon has great moves and twitches to get open and great moves after the catch.

Also anyone who doubts Luck I hope you watched this game. He would be absolutely perfect for us and I would be so happy if we traded up to get him. He's made every throw an NFL QB needs to make and he's even done it while on the move or while getting thrown to the ground. Near perfect field vision and he audibles like Manning.

If we don't come out of this draft with Luck, Blackmon, or Richardson, I'm going to rage. That is assuming they aren't the 1-3 picks. In that case I won't be as mad. But if we pass on Blackmon or Richardson and don't trade up for Luck, I'll be pissed.

Browns like Ball better than Richardson.

How would you know that. Ball is a mid 2nd round pick and runs a sub 4.55 40. Richardson is not only faster with better agility but is also loads stronger.

Can't catch, isn't much faster. May be more agile, but isn't what the Browns are looking for. Ball isn't being considered for a first rounder fwiw.

RB class sucks this year

Archived