THE BROWNS BOARD

2012 Opponents

Zombo

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants.

You Ohio guys can drive to Indy, which is nice.

I wouldn't mind going to Dallas or New York for a road trip.

Our out of division visitors don't look so tough right now, not a playoff team amongst them, but you never know what a new season will bring.

Zombo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants.

You Ohio guys can drive to Indy, which is nice.

I wouldn't mind going to Dallas or New York for a road trip.

Our out of division visitors don't look so tough right now, not a playoff team amongst them, but you never know what a new season will bring.

Zombo

The Eagles will likely get their act together and challenge for supremacy in the NFC. Assuming the Chargers dump Norv Turner they are to have to be better.

On paper, this schedule actually looks like it could be easier....because the AFC West did not have a team better than 8-8 this year,and the NFC East also had no team better than 9-7.

Still, nothing the Browns do can be considered "easy".

You want a road trip to NYC:

Sorry, bud, in Cleveland.

Z

Maybe it will be in December and I can fly 1800 miles to freeze my ass off to watch the Browns play the Chargers again.

Putting out an early vote for a September group outing this year.

A while back I put together a 3-CD set of "Travel Music" where the songs dealt with various cities and states around the country. However, I could not find any songs about Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Oakland, Indianapolis (from among our list of opponents for next year) Does anyone know any songs about these cities?

On paper, this schedule actually looks like it could be easier...

Are we looking at the same opponent line-up? The one in Post #1? While you never know what the off-season will bring (or take), I mentally put the 2011 teams on the field and stopped counting sure-fire-wins at 2... :o

And for the record I had us pegged at 4-12 this season... but the 4 included beating Cinci... twice... :D

A while back I put together a 3-CD set of "Travel Music" where the songs dealt with various cities and states around the country. However, I could not find any songs about Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Oakland, Indianapolis (from among our list of opponents for next year) Does anyone know any songs about these cities?

Lemme guess Ian Hunter's "Cleveland Rocks" was on at least one of those CD's...

I'll see what I can do for you song-wise... Here's one off the top of my head... Bruce Springsteen's "Hungry Heart"...

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack

I went out for a ride and I never went back

Lemme guess Ian Hunter's "Cleveland Rocks" was on at least one of those CD's...

Of course.

I'll see what I can do for you song-wise... Here's one off the top of my head... Bruce Springsteen's "Hungry Heart"...

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack

I went out for a ride and I never went back

Though I did find this:

This is just above the Denver song for being bad.

..."God didn't make those little green apples, and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime"

Baltimore Ravens Win

Cincinnati Bengals Win

Pittsburgh Steelers Loss

Kansas City Chiefs Win

San Diego Chargers Loss

Buffalo Bills Win

Philadelphia Eagles Loss

Washington Redskins Win

Baltimore Ravens Loss

Cincinnati Bengals Loss

Pittsburgh Steelers Loss

Denver Broncos Win

Oakland Raiders Loss

Indianapolis Colts Loss

Dallas Cowboys Loss

New York Giants Loss

Extremely early idiotic projected record for 2012: 6-10

This holds no merit, but someone had to do it.

Baltimore Ravens Win

Cincinnati Bengals Win

Pittsburgh Steelers Loss

Kansas City Chiefs Win

San Diego Chargers Loss

Buffalo Bills Win

Philadelphia Eagles Loss

Washington Redskins Win

Baltimore Ravens Loss

Cincinnati Bengals Loss

Pittsburgh Steelers Loss

Denver Broncos Win

Oakland Raiders Loss

Indianapolis Colts Loss

Dallas Cowboys Loss

New York Giants Loss

Considering that our strength of schedule has increased, you are giving Shurmur a vote of confidence with 6 wins.

..."God didn't make those little green apples, and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime"

Good one... with recall like that you could be King of the Raod... ....

Shuffles away muttering, "I should have gotten that that one... Dang Me, They Oughta Take a Rope and Hang Me..."

Is that you Otter?

Otter: I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

Maybe it will be in December and I can fly 1800 miles to freeze my ass off to watch the Browns play the Chargers again.

Putting out an early vote for a September group outing this year.

I don't know why Howie and G-man always like December......must make it feel like home or something.

It doesn't really matter to me as I try to go to at least 1 game in each moth of the season, but I can agree it would be nice to hold that thing in Sept or Oct. while the weather is nicer....plus, we aren't so far out of the race we can actually get a little excited for the game.

I skipped the Dec games this year and just let the tickets go because I didn't see the point in watching a crappy team get hammered while sitting in freezing rain.

Plus, for you guys that fly in, it cuts down on the baggage. A carry on is about all you'd need rather than pack up a steamer trunk full of long underwear, boots, hats, and parka's.

Plus, for you guys that fly in, it cuts down on the baggage. A carry on is about all you'd need rather than pack up a steamer trunk full of long underwear, boots, hats, and parka's.

What are these long underwear, boots, hats and parkas you speak of? :-)

I think late September would be fantastic or I'd even be all up for the home opener. I did that a couple of times on my first trips back and it's a lot more exciting when there is still optimism for the season.

Nothing like the feel of a home opener.

As for the boots and such, I can tell you don't remember as you look a bit out of place in December wearing a windbreaker and tennis shoes.

It seems I remember you having on a turtle neck....or was it your dickie??

At any rate, you need to beef up the warm weather gear, even if you only wear it once a year.

I bought some boots rated to -30...I have worn them maybe 10 times in 6-7 years...all in Cleveland. No need for them here.

Archived