THE BROWNS BOARD

What If ... Rg3 Does Not Enter Draft!

BrownsKidd

As we all should know, RG3 technically has not commited to the NFL as of yet. Word has it that he is going to discuss his future with his coaches. Odds are he enters draft. However, I can see him staying in Baylor for one more year just to avoid beind drafted by the Browns.

Your thoughts.

Im pretty sure hes going to declare, people are saying the same thing about Trent Richardson as well but i see him coming out as well...

Griffins dad has publicly stated his son was looking for an agent and it was just a matter of time before he declared.

Yup... he'll declare.

Unless RG falls flat on his face at the Combine, he's a top ten lock in the draft. It's not like his stock could rise significantly higher with another year of school as for example Barkley's might...

And if he stays and happens to get hurt... 'nuff said...

As we all should know, RG3 technically has not commited to the NFL as of yet. Word has it that he is going to discuss his future with his coaches. Odds are he enters draft. However, I can see him staying in Baylor for one more year just to avoid beind drafted by the Browns.

Your thoughts.

I think you are being silly...if not worse.

I think you are being silly...if not worse.

Yes, I am fully aware, but being a pro at being skeptic, I wouldn't be surprised if for some reason, RG3 avoids the NFL for one more year just to avoid the Browns. Like I said, chances are, the kid is coming to the draft, was just hoping my scenario isn't correct and that he does become a Brown. For some reason, I like this kid. His athleticism, arm strength and what appears to be so far a decent character has me rooting for him to be drafted. But the pro skeptic that I am thinks that we will not go after him and possibly someone else like Blackmon. Either pick is fantastic, but we all have that one guy we would like to see put on the Orange and Brown.

I guess, I just don'e want another Eli Manning fiasco.

Yes, I am fully aware, but being a pro at being skeptic, I wouldn't be surprised if for some reason, RG3 avoids the NFL for one more year just to avoid the Browns.

OK, you have gone from being silly...to the worse. Now you are being stupid. I know of only 2 occasions when a player made a stand against being drafted by a particular team. One was Elway when he refused to go play for the Colts who were being run hands on by the crazy, drunk Robert Irsay. No one could blame him. The other is Eli Manning who didn't want to play for the Chargers...for some reason I still don't know. Probably something personal between Archie Manning and either the owner or GM of the Chargers.

No such thing exists here. RGIII could very well look forward to playing in the NWCO that the Browns run. Even is Shurmur is not viewed with awe and respect, Holmgren is amongst QBs for his handling of Montana/Young/Favre.

Like I said, chances are, the kid is coming to the draft, was just hoping my scenario isn't correct and that he does become a Brown. For some reason, I like this kid. His athleticism, arm strength and what appears to be so far a decent character has me rooting for him to be drafted. But the pro skeptic that I am thinks that we will not go after him and possibly someone else like Blackmon. Either pick is fantastic, but we all have that one guy we would like to see put on the Orange and Brown.

I guess, I just don'e want another Eli Manning fiasco.

Won't happen. And if it does, then the Browns would be able to reap high rewards in a trade. Which they might could do even if RGiii doesn't balk.

Good... That's what I'm wanting to hear. Doesn't make me stupid. What has been done in the past can always happen again. You are correct, it doesn't happen often, but you never know today.

Both the Elway situation and the Eli situation were matters that dealt with the mistrust of the player by the owner/front office. Elway wanted no part of Robert Irsay (who could blame him). Eli's family wanted no part of AJ Smith. It had nothing to do with the fact that a guy went to a losing team. Players that are drafted that high believe that they will be the difference that would cause a team to win.

I mean, unless the guy is a complete puss and says "ooh, I don't want to go where it might be cold...I want a warm weather or a dome". If a guy ever said that, then that is a guy you don't want on your team anyway. And I don't see RGIII ever saying such a thing.

Yup... he'll declare.

Unless RG falls flat on his face at the Combine, he's a top ten lock in the draft. It's not like his stock could rise significantly higher with another year of school as for example Barkley's might...

And if he stays and happens to get hurt... 'nuff said...

He's coming out and he's been looking for an agent. I doubt he will even go to the combine. Why would he? He just won the Heisman Trophy, he'll have his own workouts or a Baylor Pro day.

If he stays in school another year I'll be happy he wont be there for the Browns to make another stupid pick and be bamboozled by a run first QB.

If he stays in school another year I'll be happy he wont be there for the Browns to make another stupid pick and be bamboozled by a run first QB.

Another guy who has never seen him play...

Zombo

ive seen him play zombo....and he's not all that. great athlete =/ great QB. even his scouting report already has red flags on it. while some might be weighing said red flags too heavily, youre outright ignoring them.

he's never taken a snap from under center. remember when colt was struggling with that? what'd shurmur do? change the offense? nothing? install the spread ala john fox?

point is,,,rgiii isn't a lock. no one is...even luck.

ive seen him play zombo....and he's not all that. great athlete =/ great QB. even his scouting report already has red flags on it. while some might be weighing said red flags too heavily, youre outright ignoring them.

he's never taken a snap from under center. remember when colt was struggling with that? what'd shurmur do? change the offense? nothing? install the spread ala john fox?

point is,,,rgiii isn't a lock. no one is...even luck.

If you've seen him play, then you agree with me that he's not a "run first" quarterback.

Zombo

If you've seen him play, then you agree with me that he's not a "run first" quarterback.

Zombo

Ive seen him play about every snap this year and he didnt impress me any more than colt did in college and RG3 didnt even play half the compition Mccoy did.

RG3 will come out cause he went from about the 5th or 6th best qb to being the 2nd best in the draft.

Next year will be no different Barkley was already projected higher and after the combine im pretty sure L Jones woulda been too.

Ive seen him play about every snap this year and he didnt impress me any more than colt did in college and RG3 didnt even play half the compition Mccoy did.

RG3 will come out cause he went from about the 5th or 6th best qb to being the 2nd best in the draft.

Next year will be no different Barkley was already projected higher and after the combine im pretty sure L Jones woulda been too.

OK ... McCoy and Griffin are different beasts.

Yes, McCoy had great college "production".

He played the Big 12 as well as Griffin did.

We are not undergoing a Big 12 QB judging contest, we are looking for a starting NFL QB.

Which means the guy with the cannon is a Top five pick and the plucky little "can-do" guy is a third round pick.

Zombo

OK ... McCoy and Griffin are different beasts.

Yes, McCoy had great college "production".

He played the Big 12 as well as Griffin did.

We are not undergoing a Big 12 QB judging contest, we are looking for a starting NFL QB.

Which means the guy with the cannon is a Top five pick and the plucky little "can-do" guy is a third round pick.

Zombo

true but it worse if rg3 busts. I hope they get this pick right and that pick is mo claiborne from lsu. we all know its a passing league so im sure everyone will be happy with that pick. If not to bad that the only pick that makes sense without trading down

true but it worse if rg3 busts. I hope they get this pick right and that pick is mo claiborne from lsu. we all know its a passing league so im sure everyone will be happy with that pick. If not to bad that the only pick that makes sense without trading down

Draft is a crapshoot...I have faith the browns know who they will pick and it will be the right pick...(sarcasm)Its 100% likely that RG3 will bust(/sarcasm).

Your thoughts.

are u the same person who made a thread - Matt Barkley did not declare for the draft cos he was scared the Browns will draft them ?

Zombo

I don't know what run first QB means, I don't think any QB wants to run first. But he's definitely a running quarterback. They as a team have a considerable amount more rushing attempts than passing. Their starting RB Ganaway is #1 in attempts with 250 then not far behind is RG3 with 180.

I think what you mean is in passing situation's when he doesn't find an open guy he's not looking to run first? That's debatable, I don't see him standing in the pocket going through progressions. It's atleast fair to say if his first receiver isn't open then he's looking to scramble out of the pocket. Maybe not run past the LOS, but if the first read ain't there, he's gettin outta there.

Sorry got here late...i was just going to say that if he didnt enter the draft the only thing that would be different next year, is all the fans that currently love him wanting to draft barkley after another 3 or 4 win season and wanting to throw RG3 to the wolves.

Not me. Did you notice we need a DE opposite Sheard? Or a LB that isn't hurt 1\2 the season like Fujita?

Claiborne is a CB. Jets + Eagles = 2 great cornerbacks = watching the playoffs on TV.

Yeah that would be brilliant.

Stay in college risk a career ending injury and look forward to life managing a foot locker.

Or get drafted in the top 5 or 6 and you're a multi millionaire whether you suck or not.

Tough decision.....

WSS

In all fairness to the people who thought he would stay in college (I had zero doubt he'd come out) but he wouldn't be the first to surprise people. You never know the priorities or thoughts of a kid making that decision.

Zach Brown and Vinny Curry.

Where do you get your draft info?? Vinny Curry is looking like a late 2nd round pick and Zach Brown has struggling with taking plays off and mental focus (hes a great athlete though) but there is an article where his former teammate Bruce Carter talks about he worrys about him because of his attitude etc..

He's coming out and he's been looking for an agent. I doubt he will even go to the combine. Why would he? He just won the Heisman Trophy, he'll have his own workouts or a Baylor Pro day.

Point taken, but "Pro days" are a given. If he skips the combine, it's just another reason to skip him.

Now it's official, we can end this thread. RG3 is heading to the NFL.

Like that'll change anything... ;)

Archived