THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini vs the Steelers

Earle

mangini will expose lily tomlin for the clown he really is

From your fingertips to God's ears. If Mangini can defeat the Evil Empire he will become deified in Cleveland.

DWJ

At face value, 19-16 win doesn't seem impressive but given the differences in talent on both sides of the ball, I would say that was an impressive win. Mangini beat them with exotic blitzes that were disguised very well with Clemens as a starting QB behind an atrocious O-line. You give Mangini two weeks to prepare for a team, he'll come up with a great game plan. Now, as for in game adjustments, this apect of his coaching seems to have regressed in 2008.

Guest Ghoolie
mangini will expose tomlin for the clown he realy is

When I read shit like this, it makes me realize how stupid Browns fans are.

Expose Tomlin? Expose him for what, going to the playoffs? Kicking the snot out of the Browns, at ill?

Romeo Crennel and Phil Sewage are the ones who have been exposed for being clowns. Browns fans who marched in single file for 4 years chanting " In Sewage We Trust" are even bigger clowns, I call them asshole clowns.

Tomlin kicked the shit out of 11 football teams this year, and you say it is OUR TEAM that is going to do what? Expose his 11 wins as not anything. Is Mangini also going to make the world see that the Browns 4 - 12 last place record is ACTUALLY one of the best performances in the NFL given all out hardships?

Give me a break with the wit till next year bullshit.

Right now, the Browns blow donkey penis and Mangini has inherited shit talent with a shit owner. There aren't 5 guys on this team worth keeping.

The last time I checked Tomlin was handed a couple of gifts by the refs with bad calls. and to call Browns fans dumb is Idiotic and piss poor as a fellow browns fan. Your Insults are Insane.

Mangina is more than qualified than the last lazy ass coach we had in here.

And I respect all Browns fans for having some hope.

When I read shit like this, it makes me realize how stupid Browns fans are.

Expose Tomlin? Expose him for what, going to the playoffs? Kicking the snot out of the Browns, at ill?

Romeo Crennel and Phil Sewage are the ones who have been exposed for being clowns. Browns fans who marched in single file for 4 years chanting " In Sewage We Trust" are even bigger clowns, I call them asshole clowns.

Tomlin kicked the shit out of 11 football teams this year, and you say it is OUR TEAM that is going to do what? Expose his 11 wins as not anything. Is Mangini also going to make the world see that the Browns 4 - 12 last place record is ACTUALLY one of the best performances in the NFL given all out hardships?

Give me a break with the wit till next year bullshit.

Right now, the Browns blow donkey penis and Mangini has inherited shit talent with a shit owner. There aren't 5 guys on this team worth keeping.

i am a jets fan

At face value, 19-16 win doesn't seem impressive but given the differences in talent on both sides of the ball, I would say that was an impressive win. Mangini beat them with exotic blitzes that were disguised very well with Clemens as a starting QB behind an atrocious O-line. You give Mangini two weeks to prepare for a team, he'll come up with a great game plan. Now, as for in game adjustments, this apect of his coaching seems to have regressed in 2008.

No he beat the steelers with a flee flicker. Mangini has ZERO sideline charisma, zero and isn't the Coach the stains needed. He went all out because the Jets had nothing to lose. It was to the "T" a trap game and nothing more.

No he beat the steelers with a flee flicker. Mangini has ZERO sideline charisma, zero and isn't the Coach the stains needed. He went all out because the Jets had nothing to lose. It was to the "T" a trap game and nothing more.

What exactly is your assertion? The Jets, with a coach that lacks sideline charisma, beat the Steelers because 1) they were overlooking a weaker team and 2) a trick play within the 1st minute in the 1st quarter?

By claiming it a trap game, I gather that we are in agreement that the Jets were a weaker team in 2007. I have to disagree that the flea flicker won the game though. The steelers had 59 minutes plus overtime to beat the Jets and couldn't do it. If I had to pick one play that hugely impacted the game, it would be Elam pressure and Robertson sack with less than 3 minutes left in the game that gave the ball back to the Jets, which led to a game tying FG.

With the whole charisma thing, IMO, it helps but isn't a necessity to be a good/great coach. Dungy, Belichick, Coughlin, have the same amount of sideline charisma as a termite. I am by no means stipulating that Mangini is the same caliber as the coaches that I mentioned.....just merely proving the point that sideline rah rah and being emotional is overated.

What exactly is your assertion? The Jets, with a coach that lacks sideline charisma, beat the Steelers because 1) they were overlooking a weaker team and 2) a trick play within the 1st minute in the 1st quarter?

By claiming it a trap game, I gather that we are in agreement that the Jets were a weaker team in 2007. I have to disagree that the flea flicker won the game though. The steelers had 59 minutes plus overtime to beat the Jets and couldn't do it. If I had to pick one play that hugely impacted the game, it would be Elam pressure and Robertson sack with less than 3 minutes left in the game that gave the ball back to the Jets, which led to a game tying FG.

With the whole charisma thing, IMO, it helps but isn't a necessity to be a good/great coach. Dungy, Belichick, Coughlin, have the same amount of sideline charisma as a termite. I am by no means stipulating that Mangini is the same caliber as the coaches that I mentioned.....just merely proving the point that sideline rah rah and being emotional is overated.

but the tomlinites will find out for themselves that what mangini lacks in emotions he brings it in intensity. i feel sorry for the steeler fans cuz they have no idea that there domination over that division is about to end. mike tomlin is a shity head coach just like cowher and marty ball, all rah rah no smarts. i am a jets fan and a lot of my friends are steeler fans and i feel sorry for them because tomlin is a dimwit of a coach, he is like dick jauron in buffallo, looks great from the outside but there is nothing inside that is of any substance

but the tomlinites will find out for themselves that what mangini lacks in emotions he brings it in intensity. i feel sorry for the steeler fans cuz they have no idea that there domination over that division is about to end. mike tomlin is a shity head coach just like cowher and marty ball, all rah rah no smarts. i am a jets fan and a lot of my friends are steeler fans and i feel sorry for them because tomlin is a dimwit of a coach, he is like dick jauron in buffallo, looks great from the outside but there is nothing inside that is of any substance

The only thing I can say is Thanks and a mega ditto!!!!

Tomlin will be found out, he is only a cheerleader.

Exactly, Omar Epps is riding a team that was already built to win! He has done absolutely nothing this year except not mess it up. The real credit goes to Dick Lebeau who is the real genius and actually should be your HC.

Your offense stinks your defense is once again one of the best. Tomlin, I mean Omar had nothing to do with that!

Speaking of your crappy offense, just like I said before without a solid running game the Stoloers wont make it past their first playoff game and we're going to see that this weekend. The Chargers O is very good and will put up just enough points to win the game against your crappy offense. Ben will be off his game(concussion)and they will bring the blitz every down(7 sacks). Sorry, but your D won't win this one!

Have fun sitting at home watching the super bowl!

Apparently the priority in dirty, dirty Cleveland is not making the playoffs or winning the Superbowl - but just beating the Steelers.

Very flattering, but it doesn't say much about where your bar is set.

Regards

..... an'at

.... fagg'ot

We will bitch slap him like we did to his daddy Bill Bellichek when he was HC of the Browns.

You somehow forgot that WE OWN YOU.

we? I didn't know you actually played for the Steelers.

Oh that's right, you don't.

The only things you personally own are that nasty rash you picked up from your sister and the rotten tooth inside your head.

Exactly, Omar Epps is riding a team that was already built to win! He has done absolutely nothing this year except not mess it up. The real credit goes to Dick Lebeau who is the real genius and actually should be your HC.

Your offense stinks your defense is once again one of the best. Tomlin, I mean Omar had nothing to do with that!

Speaking of your crappy offense, just like I said before without a solid running game the Stoloers wont make it past their first playoff game and we're going to see that this weekend. The Chargers O is very good and will put up just enough points to win the game against your crappy offense. Ben will be off his game(concussion)and they will bring the blitz every down(7 sacks). Sorry, but your D won't win this one!

Have fun sitting at home watching the super bowl!

if were going to watch the superbowl at home, maybe you could give us some tips on how to properly do it. your city has done it 42 times in a row now right?

I am not sold on Tomlin either. He may turn out to be a good coach as he is still young. I would like to see how the Steelers fare without Dick LeBeau running the defense.

I agree with you that Mangini brings subdued intensity to make up for the lack of sideline emotion but I would also add that he's a great game planner, at least on the defensive side. Although he lost the game, his gameplan during their 2nd matchup limited NE offense to its worst offensive output last year for the regular season. After the Giants won the superbowl, the Giants players were quoted (I believe one was Pierce but can't remember) in the NY papers saying they studied the Jets-Pats game and thanked the Jets for laying the foundation on how to attack and confuse Brady.

I'm not sold on Tomlin either. Too many red flags with this guy IMO.

Against Dallas, we're down by 10 with almost an entire 4th quarter left. 4th and goal-line, he goes for it. That's just bush league, you kick the FG and get your team within a TD of tying. Our D was stuffing them all day and while that might have been a lack of confidence in the offense on Tomlin's part, it's not what you do in that situation period.

Same thing against Baltimore. He was asked repeatedly if they would have ruled the Holmes TD catch a non TD, would he have gone for it on 4th and inches. After waffling on the question a couple times, he admitted that he would go for a TD instead of a chip-shot FG attempt to tie the game up and go into OT.

And then - that debacle of a final game of the season, while we blew yinz out - Tomlin refused to pull his starters early in the game and kept too many of them in for practically the whole game. There is no reason Ben should have been out there. That is a novice mistake - any HC worth his salt would rather lose a meaningless game than risk one or more of his starters getting injured right before the playoffs.

And he lets Arians run single-back sets behind a crappy O-line and everyone wonders why FWP is underproducing.

I'm far from sold on the guy.

Regards

.... an'at

Archived