THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Want Griffin According To League Sources

Nw220

I still don't buy it. Every "NFL expert" is predicting the Browns to draft RG3 because they are all now just realizing that we have the most to offer for a trade up (two 1st round picks). They all predicted the redskins would trade up to take him until someone actually researched the Browns and discovered that Cleveland has an extra 1st rounder. Heckert wouldn't give up that much to move up 2 spots. It's insane. We got extra draft picks for a reason - to use them..

I also dont believe we will trade up to get him but i do believe if he falls to us at 4 we will draft him, also i trust someone who is a senior nfl writer source more than any of us..

See I don't trust any report containing so-called facts from unnamed sources. It is just a rumor. Plus I don't even think Heckert knows who he wants to draft yet. I think he knows what positions he wants to go after, but not any specific players. We are over 3 months away from the draft and don't have any NFL combine results to look at yet either.

See I don't trust any report containing so-called facts from unnamed sources. It is just a rumor. Plus I don't even think Heckert knows who he wants to draft yet. I think he knows what positions he wants to go after, but not any specific players. We are over 3 months away from the draft and don't have any NFL combine results to look at yet either.

Agreed but i also think that after the Combine RG3 will only go higher up in value, im just assuming that Heckert is open to the idea of taking Griffin...

This is the silly season, three months of internet rumors.

This guy has no idea at all what the Browns would do. No one outside of Berea does, or ever will.

Of course they like Griffin ... they're not stupid.

Zombo

I saw this via twitter and through ESPN's AFC north blog. It's hard to say when it's "league sources" though

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/40614/report-browns-want-robert-griffin-iii

Agreed.

The term "league sources" is a sham. Remember when the squid Adam Shefter reported that, according to league sources, Holmgren's first act would be to fire Mangini. He had no information other than what he made up. After Holmgren announced that Mangini would be the Head Coach, then Shefter spun it that Mangini was only keeping the seat warm for one year while Holmgren lines up the roster for himself to coach. That reporter is a joke.

This Henley guy is probably a squid Shefter wanna-be. i imagine he is a sports nerd sitting in a bathtub, smoking a cigar, reading the sports page of the USA Today, and typing his story to ESPN on his iPad. Look at what he said in that little story: maybe the Browns will move up to get Griffin, maybe they won't move up to get Griffin, maybe they'll take Blackmon, maybe they'll take Claiborne. He left out the possibility of the Browns trading down. Perhaps he's saving that newsflash for tomorrow.

I've got some mixed-up feelings about the Browns draft of this year.

In my opinion having a good free agency campaign will be as important as having a good draft for the Browns. I've kind of lost my hopes that we can get back to where we belong just by drafting well in April. When I look back at the Browns' recent draft history I certainly see some errors, but I also see a few good players that were only in need of a solid team to mature the right way and we clearly were not an easy team to support the development of some of those young men. If you look at the Browns as they are today you see a team that failed pretty badly season after season, but all in all the holes to plug are not so many.

I mean: we're not a good team, but we're not a disaster! A team to rebuild top to bottom.

There must be a way to get back to the top other than "draft after draft", don't you think?

Well before ever team has there off season they do there big board and positional rankings, heard jeff fisher talking about yesterday on sirius radio, also he said they throw around a few scernaios and then close down the room until later in the process...

Also league sources could be withing the organzation or someone close to most likely its probaly a scout that works for the Browns, knowing that we are intersted in Griffin (Which any team in are postion should be)

I'm always interested to hear what Kosar has to say. If RGIII can see the field and make snap decisions like Bernie always did....

maybe the Browns should draft him. But Colt will still start next year. But after that, RGIII might beat Colt out, how awesome would

it be to have Colt as a backup?

But, when a team -says- they want a certain player, you can bet they are just looking for a great trade down.

I think.

I've got some mixed-up feelings about the Browns draft of this year.

In my opinion having a good free agency campaign will be as important as having a good draft for the Browns. I've kind of lost my hopes that we can get back to where we belong just by drafting well in April. When I look back at the Browns' recent draft history I certainly see some errors, but I also see a few good players that were only in need of a solid team to mature the right way and we clearly were not an easy team to support the development of some of those young men. If you look at the Browns as they are today you see a team that failed pretty badly season after season, but all in all the holes to plug are not so many.

I mean: we're not a good team, but we're not a disaster! A team to rebuild top to bottom.

There must be a way to get back to the top other than "draft after draft", don't you think?

Here, here, my fellow Italian. This is what I don't understand about the current head-office's philosophy. You have to use every opportunity to improve your team and that includes free agents. Build with the draft but augment and fill holes in FA. The best way to make sure you can select the best talent available in the draft is to make sure your team isn't full of holes on drafte day.

I'd say at this point the Browns don't even know who they are going to select.

Combines, personal workouts and interviews are going to go a long way in how we set our final board and dictate our targeted players.

The Browns will get Blackmon or RG3 - one of the two will be around when we pick. I'm not worried, both will help our team.

Kalil is the best LT prospect since Joe Thomas - and will be selected at either 2 or 3. Kalil is a far better pro prospect than either Blackmon or RG3.

It's likely that both will be around, because Claiborne is better at the CB position than Blackmon is as a WR or RG3 is as a QB.

Info on Washington and Flynn, makes Cleveland a more likely Candiate for RG3 if they land Flynn...

Citing sources inside the organization, ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell reports the Redskins are "very interested" in free agent QB Matt Flynn.

ESPN's Mel Kiper told reporters earlier in the day that "grapevine" talk suggested the Redskins didn't have a high opinion of Flynn. Russell knows "for sure," though, that coach Mike Shanahan and OC Kyle Shanahan had a "detailed conversation" two weeks ago on Flynn's six-touchdown, 480-yard performance against the Lions in the regular season finale. Whereas Charley Casserly suggested Flynn wouldn't be a good fit for the Redskins offense, one team source tells Russell the two systems are "almost the same."

Archived