THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Hire Offensive Assistant

Nw220

In Pittsburgh some hang their hats on Arians was of the era with the Browns when the Browns were doing well so.........they think that makes him a good coach at this current time.

To change the subject, I thought we would see Holmgrens influence on the Browns team so far but, maybe I'm missing something. I guess they didn't build Rome in a year as the saying goes.

sucks for you guys that Pittsburgh is now in the hunt for an OC.

you DO know we'll get first pick of any candidate don't you?

whoever it is, enjoy our leftovers. HA!

Actually you took our leftovers before (Bruce Arians). I don't see why this year would be any different..

yeah?

how'd that work out for us?

kiss my rings turd.

pittsburgh has had some pretty good luck with ohio people. chuck Noll, jack lambert, big ben to name a few. there are a lot of great ones from pa too. jim kelly, joe montana, dan marino, tony dorsett, the head coach to green bay, bill cowher to name several.

it must start with ownership because it seems like it's always the same teams making the playoffs or super bowls or at least they keep coming back after a decade or half a decade or so.

steelers

niners

giants

ravens

patriots*

cowboys

packers

colts

probably the best of the best are the steelers, cowboys, 9rs, packers because they seem to have a lot of history with winning. I really don't know if you could include the ravens or colts because they only won once and twice for the colts. possibly not even the 9rs, they had their decade and then not too much. i'm just saying over years and years it seems like the cream keeps rising to the top.

pittsburgh has had some pretty good luck with ohio people. chuck Noll, jack lambert, big ben to name a few. there are a lot of great ones from pa too. jim kelly, joe montana, dan marino, tony dorsett, the head coach to green bay, bill cowher to name several.

it must start with ownership because it seems like it's always the same teams making the playoffs or super bowls or at least they keep coming back after a decade or half a decade or so.

steelers

niners

giants

ravens

patriots*

cowboys

packers

colts

probably the best of the best are the steelers, cowboys, 9rs, packers because they seem to have a lot of history with winning. I really don't know if you could include the ravens or colts because they only won once and twice for the colts. possibly not even the 9rs, they had their decade and then not too much. i'm just saying over years and years it seems like the cream keeps rising to the top.

The Cowboys have won one single playoff game in like the last 20 years (since their last SB title). The Browns have done that well. Until this year, the Niners hadn't even made the playoffs for a decade.

Until Peyton Manning arrived the Colts had been garbage for 25 years.

A lot of it has to do with the coach. (see Pats under BB), or QB (Colts with Manning), or both (Pats again)

Some of it is indeed "system", "front office" "ownership"....those are the ones that maintain. Steelers, yes. Giants, Packers perhaps.

Likewise the "bad teams" could be attributed to ownership. The Lions under William Clay Ford. The Cardinals under Bidwill. The Colts under Irsay Sr.

...and yes, the Steelers under Art Rooney Sr. It wasn't until Dan Rooney took over as the effective owner of the team in the 60s/70s that the Steelers began winning.

Randy Lerner certainly isn't off to a good start with his ownership. But, things can and do turn around.

sucks for you guys that Pittsburgh is now in the hunt for an OC.

you DO know we'll get first pick of any candidate don't you?

whoever it is, enjoy our leftovers. HA!

Are you guys planning on implementing the WCO ? If yes then please hire the OC we hope to hire, that we will actually be forced to look elsewhere and might actually hire somebody good.

yeah?

how'd that work out for us?

kiss my rings turd.

Really ? Bruce Arians is the reason u guys won so many ? I thought it was Dick LeBeau and the defense + BR. And if he did help u win so many why push him out of the organization.

Sometime it is not enought just to yell "I'm a Steeler fan ! I'm a Steeler fan". You need to make some effort to learn the teams history too. Be a good boy and go do your homework :P

kiss my rings turd.

How can you call them your rings when you just recently replaced all that Dallas Cowboy merchandise with Steeler crap?

Are all newely acquired pissburgh fans as arrogant as you or is it just the ones that dont live anywhere near Pittsburgh such as yourself?

The Cowboys have won one single playoff game in like the last 20 years (since their last SB title). The Browns have done that well. Until this year, the Niners hadn't even made the playoffs for a decade.

Until Peyton Manning arrived the Colts had been garbage for 25 years.

A lot of it has to do with the coach. (see Pats under BB), or QB (Colts with Manning), or both (Pats again)

Some of it is indeed "system", "front office" "ownership"....those are the ones that maintain. Steelers, yes. Giants, Packers perhaps.

Likewise the "bad teams" could be attributed to ownership. The Lions under William Clay Ford. The Cardinals under Bidwill. The Colts under Irsay Sr.

...and yes, the Steelers under Art Rooney Sr. It wasn't until Dan Rooney took over as the effective owner of the team in the 60s/70s that the Steelers began winning.

Randy Lerner certainly isn't off to a good start with his ownership. But, things can and do turn around.

I agree....... I really thought Holmgren would have had this team turned around very quickly. Maybe I'm puting too much on Holmgren but, it just seems like his influence hasn't showed up as much as I expected. I think this season should be a stepping stone towards the right direction for the Browns.

Archived