THE BROWNS BOARD

Raiders Fans Laughing @ The Comments Made Here About Ryan

ITHIKA

Just checked out this Raider fan message board and guess who's board they've been reading? Yep! They've taken some quotes from the Ryan thread and are laughing it up. Some of them I think realize they have one of the most helpless franchises in history and an owner who's senile ramblings/actions are putting their team in jeopardy of ever being a contender again. Ryan will do well in Cleveland. Anyway the links below check it out. I may even register to make my point about how great Romeo's defensive mind is.

Ryan Thread About this Board

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-ra...ob-ryan-dc.html

Hire Romeo Thread

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-ra...eo-crennel.html

THIKA I find it funny that someone who is a Browns fan can call another franchise helpless. Since you guys have so many super bowl rings. Or for that matter played in so many super bowls. Your owner is a joke. You make references to Al Davis, and that is fine. Although if you knew anything about football you would know that Al Davis has done more for the NFL then any other owner. His work for the African American quarterback and work during the AFL/NFL merger has made the NFL what it is today. Not to mention the fact that your team had just hired another coach from the Belicheck regime in Mangini without hiring a GM first. So instead you guys are going to go after a guy from Baltimore who is from the same mold as Phil Savage. As far as Rob Ryan goes, you couldn't be more wrong about what you are getting. First you must understand his defensive scheme. It is a man to man defense which success is based upon a 4 man pass rush. Considering Wimbley hasn't panned out like Browns fans would like, you guys are going to run into the same problems Oakland had. You guys will get rid of your 3-4 defense, because like the Raiders you don't have the personnel to run that scheme. Ryan will bring a 4-3 man to man passive defense to your team. There shouldn't be any mention of "aggressive" when speaking of his defense. because that isn't what you are getting. Now as far as Crennel goes as a Raider fan I DON'T want him as a coordinator. He is a defensive minded coach who couldn't build a competent unit through the draft. He is kind of like Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati. You can't survive long in the NFL is the unit that you specialize in struggles.

I think you are a very ignorant fan who wouldn't survive on a board like Raiderfans.net. Not to mention that fact that Raider fans are the most loyal and hardcore fans int he NFL or for any sport for that matter. To all other Browns fan good luck with the upcoming season. It is going to be interesting to see that you guys do with Edwards in and Winslow before next seaon considering they only have one year left on their contracts. I live in Toledo, OH but am a die-hard Raider Fan. I will see you guys in Cleveland in 2009. Nice board just get rid some guys like the guy who started this post. He is really bringing your board down with dumb and useless comments.

THIKA I find it funny that someone who is a Browns fan can call another franchise helpless. Since you guys have so many super bowl rings. Or for that matter played in so many super bowls. Your owner is a joke. You make references to Al Davis, and that is fine. Although if you knew anything about football you would know that Al Davis has done more for the NFL then any other owner. His work for the African American quarterback and work during the AFL/NFL merger has made the NFL what it is today. Not to mention the fact that your team had just hired another coach from the Belicheck regime in Mangini without hiring a GM first. So instead you guys are going to go after a guy from Baltimore who is from the same mold as Phil Savage. As far as Rob Ryan goes, you couldn't be more wrong about what you are getting. First you must understand his defensive scheme. It is a man to man defense which success is based upon a 4 man pass rush. Considering Wimbley hasn't panned out like Browns fans would like, you guys are going to run into the same problems Oakland had. You guys will get rid of your 3-4 defense, because like the Raiders you don't have the personnel to run that scheme. Ryan will bring a 4-3 man to man passive defense to your team. There shouldn't be any mention of "aggressive" when speaking of his defense. because that isn't what you are getting. Now as far as Crennel goes as a Raider fan I DON'T want him as a coordinator. He is a defensive minded coach who couldn't build a competent unit through the draft. He is kind of like Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati. You can't survive long in the NFL is the unit that you specialize in struggles.

I think you are a very ignorant fan who wouldn't survive on a board like Raiderfans.net. Not to mention that fact that Raider fans are the most loyal and hardcore fans int he NFL or for any sport for that matter. To all other Browns fan good luck with the upcoming season. It is going to be interesting to see that you guys do with Edwards in and Winslow before next seaon considering they only have one year left on their contracts. I live in Toledo, OH but am a die-hard Raider Fan. I will see you guys in Cleveland in 2009. Nice board just get rid some guys like the guy who started this post. He is really bringing your board down with dumb and useless comments.

Hitler did good things for Germany at first too.

Al davis has dont nothing for the NFL lately besides move his team back and forth and sue them because of the Buccaneers and Panthers.

Ok "Douche Bag" I stated nothing but the obvious If you don't see your owner is going senile and is the biggest problem your team has then your are smoking crack! Did you listen to the babbling incoherent press conference he had after firing Kiffin? Did you pay attention when he traded a second round pick for Hall and then released him for nothing? Did you watch when he shelled out millions to free agents no other team would touch with a ten foot pole? AL Davis was a very good owner at one time, but those days are long over and the only hope your team has is for him to turn the reigns over to someone else. The Raiders have talent I like them, but Davis needs to let go, He's killing Raider nation!

As for Ryan, He had the Raiders defense as the top 3 defense in the NFL in 2006 and is well respected throughout the NFL as a great DC. From what Ive heard from Raider fans and your raider nation board is that Davis handcuffed him throughout his time there. Then comes along Kiffin in 2007. The defense they've played since he arrived and the one you're referring to man coverage with a 4 man rush is the Tampa 2 Kiffins daddies D. It's been well publicized Rob was not fond of it or Kiffin for making him change. So in reality your wrong that was Kiffins D you didn't like!

In 2005 and 2006 the Raiders ran a hybrid 3-4 4-3 D that resembles what his brother in Baltimore does and in 2006 it flourished with the acquisition of some young talent through the draft and some key free agent signings. If they would of left it alone it would of maintained its success but Kiffin had to come and and bring with him the Tampa 2 you so much despise. Did you watch the Raiders defense in 2006? It was totally different then it is now and was last year! For instance look at how Derrick Burgess flourished in 2005 and 2006 with 16 and 11 sacks. Once you went to the Tampa 2 his numbers dropped along with the rest of the defense. Thats just one example, Rob will have the personnel and the say to run the defense he wants to run without being handcuffed to players and a scheme he doesn't like!

As for you living in Northern Ohio I hope you weren't born there and are from California because If you were that shows your true colors. Its Ass Hats like you who became bandwagon Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers and Raiders fans in the 80's/90's who make me sick!

And by the way the greatest and most loyal football fans in the world are Browns fans! You should know that living in OHIO douche!

Are you kidding me? See my friend thats where you are wrong. Cleveland fans have been and always will be the most loyal fans in all of the NFL. Do your research. You are the kind of fan that WANTS to be known as the most loyal but will never EVER happen. Deal with it.

THIKA I find it funny that someone who is a Browns fan can call another franchise helpless.

I think it's funny that somebody that wears makeup and wigs to a football game would even show his face here.

Your owner is a joke.

Have you just been dying to say that to someone else because you hear it so much?

your team had just hired another coach from the Belicheck regime

We started the Belichick regime. Eric Mangini got his start in Cleveland.

Belichick came from Parcels, but now has his own extensive tree. And both the Paul Brown/Bill Walsh and Marty Schottenheimer trees started in Cleveland. Between those three trees, that's 3/4 of the coaches in the league.

We are the cradle of professional football. You are the cradle of skateboarding, pink wine and gay pride marches.

As far as Rob Ryan goes, you couldn't be more wrong about what you are getting. First you must understand his defensive scheme. It is a man to man defense which success is based upon a 4 man pass rush. You guys will get rid of your 3-4 defense

Dude, we just hired Eric Mangini as head coach and you think we are scrapping the 3-4 because of Ryan? Ryan coached with Mangini in New England ... they ran a 3-4.

Hell, romeo ran a 4-3 in Cleveland before he went to New England and came out running a 3-4. That's what they do in the Belichick coaching tree ... 3-4 defenses.

As for what Ryan did in Oakland ... who cares? It's like being abducted by aliens for 4 years and then coming back to earth ... no one wants to know what kind of anal probing goes on out there. Everyone forgives anybody who has worked out there. It's all forgiven ... Norv Turner, Lane Kiffin, Rob Ryan, Kerry Collins, Charles Woodson, anybody who has played there ... we just act like it never happened. Because no one should have their career defined by what goes on in that nuthouse.

wouldn't survive on a board like Raiderfans.net.

Wow. You guys sound tough. You probably have paramedics standing by.

Not to mention that fact that Raider fans are the most loyal and hardcore fans int he NFL or for any sport for that matter.

What a joke. We've all see the empty seats. And you can't blame the weather. If it ever rained out there, you guys would all look like Tammy Faye Baker with your makeup running.

Zombo

I think it's funny that somebody that wears makeup and wigs to a football game would even show his face here.

Thats funny coming from someone who dresses up like a dog

Have you just been dying to say that to someone else because you hear it so much?

NO

We started the Belichick regime. Eric Mangini got his start in Cleveland.

Belichick came from Parcels, but now has his own extensive tree. And both the Paul Brown/Bill Walsh and Marty Schottenheimer trees started in Cleveland. Between those three trees, that's 3/4 of the coaches in the league.

We are the cradle of professional football. You are the cradle of skateboarding, pink wine and gay pride marches.

They all had to go smewhere else to have success

Dude, we just hired Eric Mangini as head coach and you think we are scrapping the 3-4 because of Ryan? Ryan coached with Mangini in New England ... they ran a 3-4.

Hell, romeo ran a 4-3 in Cleveland before he went to New England and came out running a 3-4. That's what they do in the Belichick coaching tree ... 3-4 defenses.

As for what Ryan did in Oakland ... who cares? It's like being abducted by aliens for years and then coming back to earth ... no one wants to know what kind of anal probing goes on out there. Everyone forgives anybody who has worked aout there. It's all forgiven ... Norv Turner, Lane Kiffin, Rob Ryan, Kerry Collins, Rod Woodson, anbody who has played there ... we just act like it never happened. Because no one should have their career defined by what goes on in that nuthouse.

When have you ever won anything never thats what I thought.

Wow. You guys sound tough. You probably have paramedics standing by.

We are

What a joke. We've all see the empty seats. And you can't blame the weather. If it ever rained out there, you guys would all look Tammy Faye Baker with your making makeup running.

I guess those dog masks work as good as a paper sack

Zombo

Interesting that you think Ryan was allowed to run his scheme when its pretty common knowledge he ran what Al Davis allowed him to.

And if you think the Raiders are in better shape as a franchise than the Browns.... who's your dealer?

WOW what a witty response to Zombo...

I'm suprised it wasn't just an

"OH YEAH! well you're ugly too"

Sheesh

Man ya'll suck with no hope of getting better at least the Raiders Know that sooner or later they will win again. I give browns fans there props they stick with their team the one that moved sucked and the one they got now is even worse. I applaude you on your wilingness to endure losing the way you do. We might be Raiders but at least we are not Browns because I would have hung myself by now." OH YEAH! you are ugly too"

Coaches are running from Raider Nation. They want no part of being AL Davis's next victims and a crumbling franchise! Yeah the Raider nation has a lot to laugh at Cleveland about..

As Adam Schefter of NFL Network points out, the Raiders have lost three assistant coaches in one day — offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, and running backs coach Tom Rathman.

Ok "Douche Bag" I stated nothing but the obvious If you don't see your owner is going senile and is the biggest problem your team has then your are smoking crack! Did you listen to the babbling incoherent press conference he had after firing Kiffin? Did you pay attention when he traded a second round pick for Hall and then released him for nothing? Did you watch when he shelled out millions to free agents no other team would touch with a ten foot pole? AL Davis was a very good owner at one time, but those days are long over and the only hope your team has is for him to turn the reigns over to someone else. The Raiders have talent I like them, but Davis needs to let go, He's killing Raider nation!

As for Ryan, He had the Raiders defense as the top 3 defense in the NFL in 2006 and is well respected throughout the NFL as a great DC. From what Ive heard from Raider fans and your raider nation board is that Davis handcuffed him throughout his time there. Then comes along Kiffin in 2007. The defense they've played since he arrived and the one you're referring to man coverage with a 4 man rush is the Tampa 2 Kiffins daddies D. It's been well publicized Rob was not fond of it or Kiffin for making him change. So in reality your wrong that was Kiffins D you didn't like!

In 2005 and 2006 the Raiders ran a hybrid 3-4 4-3 D that resembles what his brother in Baltimore does and in 2006 it flourished with the acquisition of some young talent through the draft and some key free agent signings. If they would of left it alone it would of maintained its success but Kiffin had to come and and bring with him the Tampa 2 you so much despise. Did you watch the Raiders defense in 2006? It was totally different then it is now and was last year! For instance look at how Derrick Burgess flourished in 2005 and 2006 with 16 and 11 sacks. Once you went to the Tampa 2 his numbers dropped along with the rest of the defense. Thats just one example, Rob will have the personnel and the say to run the defense he wants to run without being handcuffed to players and a scheme he doesn't like!

As for you living in Northern Ohio I hope you weren't born there and are from California because If you were that shows your true colors. Its Ass Hats like you who became bandwagon Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers and Raiders fans in the 80's/90's who make me sick!

And by the way the greatest and most loyal football fans in the world are Browns fans! You should know that living in OHIO douche!

Raiderman, you just got owned like "bubba" your cell mate does to you everyday...

Last time you played the Raiders you couldn't handle that talentless bunch! HAHA that makes me laugh. You guys went 4-12 the Raiders went 5-11 and you will see when your new fat ass coach in Eric Mangini and Rob Ryan have you guys ranked 30th in the league in total defense. You wish you had a Nnamdi Asomugha on your team. Asomugha alone is better then any player on both sides of the ball for the Browns. Not to mention Edwards and Winslow will soon be gone leaving you with an aging Jamal Lewis and a little bitch like Steptoe! Some clown on here said that the Browns are the most loyal fans, I would have to agree, espcially last year when they showed that that shit team had a pulse and went 10-6! Every person like you guys wanted to come out of the wood works and claim your Browns pride. What a surprise. Oh and to the guy who brought up League Championships who cares? Superbowls are what counts and you guys have yet to disgrace a superbowl let alone win one. Rob Ryan is a joke and you will find out, that when you guys are up by 2 and you need pressure on the quarterback he will go into his bubble prevent defense which you guys are well used to and teams will shred you apart! You guys are pathetic just like your garbage town and your trash team. Derek Anderson took you guys to the bank and showed his true colors and Brady Quinn is getting his ass kicked by Defensive Tackles on the practice squad. Yeah your right your team is in great shape! Bash the Raiders all you want our record was better then yours so how can you talk. The Browns have and always will be pathetic! Get a ring.......then talk you pieces of shit! No wonder why Lebron wants out of Cleveland! It is full of idiots! HAHA go Brownies!

raiderman come talk when your city can actually afford a stadium for each major sport, that stadium is a joke and anytime there is a game at oakland it's an eye sore to see all the dirt from the baseball games there

yeah the browns went 4-12, they also went to their 4th string QB. the raiders combined record past 5 seasons(including this one)?

20-60

raiders are now a joke of a organization led by your crypt keeper, have fun with that

raiderman come talk when your city can actually afford a stadium for each major sport, that stadium is a joke and anytime there is a game at oakland it's an eye sore to see all the dirt from the baseball games there

yeah the browns went 4-12, they also went to their 4th string QB. the raiders combined record past 5 seasons(including this one)?

20-60

raiders are now a joke of a organization led by your crypt keeper, have fun with that

Don't mind Raidermange...

He's just jealous that our women have always been women. They have to import theirs from San Francisco.

Raider fan here. I have no bad blood with the Browns and I wish you all the luck in the world. Truth is Rob Ryan is horrible! Him and his damn prevent defense is going to frustrate you to no end!!! He won't blitz so forget it. Trust me when I tell you this NO ONE in Raider nation wants romeo, I think he's a great guy but a joke of a HC. You guys will be much better off with Eric. Maybe Rayn comes in and does a good job for you, the players love him, but his schemes are dreadful! Best of luck next year, I will keep checking in.

Raiderfag!

Are you seriously on here trying to talk shiit? Bottom line is this...Currently, both teams suck! I love my browns, but it is the truth! However, for argument's sake, The Raiders have not had a winning season since 2002. In fact, they have not won more than 5 games in any season since then. Their overall record from 2003 'til now is 24-72. In that same span, the Browns have posted 1 winning season and an additional season better than any in Oakland in the same span. The Browns are 33-63. The NFL is all about "What have you done for me lately?" Neither team has done much. But, I'll take the Browns' recent history over your Gayders! In fact, I would like to point out the fact that, in that same span, the Detroit Lions have posted 2 seasons with at least 6 wins and an overall record of 26-70.

So, when looking at who is in the worst shape of all the NFL teams, I would have to put your Raiders right on the bottom with the Lions. The Browns have not stooped that low yet.

Regardless, both teams are in bad shape. At least the Browns have some sort of structure started and are actually headed in the right direction.

PS...remember that the Browns are actually an expantion team since '99. We did not have anything to start with.

PSS...How many Pro Bowlers do the Raiders currently have?

You all keep saying Ryan got to run his defense while in oakland. Which leads me to believe you have no idea about what happens with your team.

Al Davis runs your defense, the DC is just a front in Oakland.

After todd grantham and tucker as our 2 last DCs rob ryan sounds like heaven the browns hava a lot of uncoached raw talent and a new coach for rob to work with ...with our owners we may be on the same page one was once a great owner but now senile/nuts the other is a recluse that has sucked from the beginning..;)

The Raiders have 2 pro bowlers. How many do you guys have? LOL Some chump said you guys are heading in the right direction and that the raiders aren't. The Raiders are riding a 2 game win streak into the offseason with an impressive win over the Bucs who needed a win to make the playoffs. The Browns only have talent on offense and your two best players will be gone before next season or after! Yeah you guys are headed in the right direction. You play in maybe the toughest division in football and you guys are leaps and bounds away from either the Ravens or the Steelers! You say it's a what have you done for me league, well lately you went 4-12 and we went 5-11! I am going to save this site so I can come back and laugh when Rob Ryan runs your defense even further in to the gorund then it already is! You have not a player on defense NOT ONE! One lucky season for the Browns and everybody wants to be a fan again. Truly sad, we will see when the Raiders come to Cleveland and run through you guys with Fargas/McFadden/Bush! I hope Williams and Rodgers are ready! Not to mention you guys gave up all your draft picks to get those chumps! The Raiders have far more talent then you guys on defense and wou guys do have players on offense like Winslow and Edwards but Unfortunately for you they won't be on that shitty team anymore! The Browns suck and always have! Since 99 havent you guys lost like 102 games! Bring up the Raiders record all you want since 2002, but if memort serves me right I think the Raiders were in the Super Bowl that year. And you guys can say "Yea they were but they got beat" and thats ok, but you pieces of shit have never even been there! A joke team with a history of failure and losing! How can you people judge anyone? Your team was worse then ours so SHUT UP! Browns suck and they always have! Face it you guys are the dumbest fans in the NFL! Know you suck and own it. Yea weve sucked the last 5 years but you guys have sucked forever! Everyone on this board is garbage! You suck like your team and once Braylon and Winslow leave it is going to be another 5 years with top 5 picks!

Russell looked better then every single browns quarterback combined. You are stuck with Brady Quinn who is a little bitch and Derek Anderson who trips over his own size 32 shoe! The Browns have 0 quarterbacks! What a dumbass! HAHAHAH Russell has more talent then anyone that has come out since John Elway. We know how John Elway worked out against the Brownies..........THE DRIVE anyone? Russell is raw but far more talented then anyone you guys have. Quinn slipped to 22 for a reason you xxxxin idiot! By the way have you seen Al Davis lately? He is declining health so foreseeable future isn't the terminology I would use, but you are a dumbass so I didn't expect much.

Archived