THE BROWNS BOARD

Phony War On The Rich

Mr. T

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Kos

I didn't find the part where Mitt was a lobbyist.

I know he's rich and I don't care.

Can you give me the point (timeline) on the Stewart comedy bit where it comes?

I may have missed it.

Thanks

WSS

Steve just watch from 30 seconds on, it's only 6 minutes and it's damned funny.

If poor people have it so easy in your eyes, I'm surprised you guys don't choose to life in poverty

well I don't really think I said that but let's talk.

What do you consider a poor person to be?

Let's say there are more than 1 reason for poverty okay?

Those who are actually starving and have no where to live but the street.

Or those with at least a basic place to live enough food to get by and medical attention but little else.

Which are we talking about here?

WSS

Let's say there are more than 1 reason for poverty okay?

Those who are actually starving and have no where to live but the street.

Or those with at least a basic place to live enough food to get by and medical attention but little else.

Both of those sound shitty

some question for all of you Robin Hood wannabees.

If Obama can take and double the amount of taxes on the wealthiest 2%.

Do you think he will spread the wealth?

Will the wealthiest 1% take their money and run it out of the country along with your jobs?

some question for all of you Robin Hood wannabees.

If Obama can take and double the amount of taxes on the wealthiest 2%.

Do you think he will spread the wealth?

Will the wealthiest 1% take their money and run it out of the country along with your jobs?

To where? There's nowhere to go. They will have trouble finding a tax rate as low as what they're paying. If they do find a country with such a rate, they'll probably be kidnapped and held for ransom because there is no stability in such regions.

What you do about poverty in this country would take a month to sort out, but you're talking about issues like education, public safety, public health, jobs, after-school programs, and then more education, and more education, and then access to higher education, Pell Grants, student loans, etc.

You want to talk about any of those, Steve?

What you do about poverty in this country would take a month to sort out, but you're talking about issues like education, public safety, public health, jobs, after-school programs, and then more education, and more education, and then access to higher education, Pell Grants, student loans, etc.

You want to talk about any of those, Steve?

I was asking Woody.

Yes it'd take a month and probably not produce a solution.

WSS

Of course, no one is looking for a solution. There aren't solutions. There are improvements. If you think that even improvements aren't possible, then you're just being your usual grumpy grandpa self.

Thank God we are allowed to be grumpy grandpas. Have you ever thought that just maybe some of the older guys have watched over the years how that liberilism has destroyed liberties and wealth in this country?

Of course, no one is looking for a solution. There aren't solutions. There are improvements. If you think that even improvements aren't possible, then you're just being your usual grumpy grandpa self.

Yeah, sorry.

I realize it would be a lot easier just to wring my hands shake my head and say damn that's an awful shame.

But getting mad at me for not being sensitive enough doesn't do anything either.

Or getting upset that Mitt Romney has a lot of money.

It just makes you feel better, I understand that.

WSS

Who are you talking to? See, this is how you roll: I try to have a substantive discussion about poverty, list a bunch of topics that we could get into, but you don't want to do that and can't do that because all you can say about education is teachers unions are bad, and all you can say about government programs is that they're handouts for dependents. And then you're out. So instead of picking a topic, or saying anything interesting, you say that I'm upset because Mitt Romney has a lot of money, which I'm not, and have written as much, and recently.

Be less boring. Don't disappoint the new guy. He thinks you're reasonable.

Who are you talking to? See, this is how you roll: I try to have a substantive discussion about poverty, list a bunch of topics that we could get into, but you don't want to do that and can't do that because all you can say about education is teachers unions are bad, and all you can say about government programs is that they're handouts for dependents. And then you're out. So instead of picking a topic, or saying anything interesting, you say that I'm upset because Mitt Romney has a lot of money, which I'm not, and have written as much, and recently.

Be less boring. Don't disappoint the new guy. He thinks you're reasonable.

Well I suppose he could respond on is own huh?

But again I don't have all that much pain in my heart for anybody who has enough to eat a place to live and basic medical care. I mean it's too bad there poor especially if they're pissed off about it all the time but as crumbling as they may be there are public schools available. And those schools have union teachers with college degrees.

Do you suppose they could have a little progress by hiring lots of non union teachers at a lower pay scale who will live on social security when they get old?

Same thing with safety forces. Take 1 patrolman salary and hire three security guys for a school.

At what point do you believe the child needs to be taken from the family? Does that sound too much like an orphanage to you? (Assuming they're actually is a family.)

I know a few people who have pell grants who are far from destitute.

There is, or there should be, a big difference between being poor and being miserable.

Heck, my friend I really do believe that this overtone of class warfare makes the problems worse. It's about as fair as the world is going to be. You can't allow yourself to give up because it just aint fair.

Just don't forget that more money for education means more money for the teachers union. It's great for the ones with tenure not so great for the kids.

WSS

Good grief. We're not even having the same conversation. You just want to have a talk radio debate.

I miss Tupa.

Dude you just ask me about most of those concerns.

Security education after school programs pell grants...

You don't think that increasing the number of teachers or security personnel at a school would help?

Is your only vision higher salaries for teachers?

I don't think that's the key, sorry.

WSS

Yes I was being facetious.

You told me he disapproves of homosexuality because of his religious background.

If it were anyone else you'd call them a religious bigot that hates gays.

So answer this: is the teachers union helpful or harmful to the end result of educating children?

WSS

No, that's not what I'd say about Tupa. You really shouldn't try speaking for me. You're not very good at it.

As for your question, it's a stupid question. There are union policies that I don't agree with, and there are union policies and requirements that make for better teachers. To distill the education of a student down to whether or not their teachers are unionized is an entirely useless discussion.

But, like I said, this is all you have to say about education - unions are bad. I already know that you think that.

Archived