THE BROWNS BOARD

Wow. Marco Rubio Says Obama Has Made Everything Worse

calfoxwc

And Rubio has huge, huge, huge credibility in his own state, and with Americans across the board...

except for the flea-bitten, perverted left:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/marco-rubio-obamas-made-everything-worse/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubio isn't just any Republican.

He is a seriously respected conservative by any account.

I just wish he had run for pres... or will be VP to Gingrich or Santorum.

By what measure is the economy worse than when he took office, Steve? Since we're dealing in "simple facts."

Clearly, the economy is much better off than when he took office.

That's one of the most clueless, partisan posts you've ever had.

Ohh no!

I was foolish enough to think that the unemployment numbers and the exploding debt might be a small problem.

I'm sure that tagging on another trillion'll fix that all right up.

WSS

Heck translation:

"What debt? We don't have a debt anymore, Obamao fixed it ! And, we only have an "ability to pay our bills imbalance" because of Bush.

But, thank goodness Obamao has won the war on terror and it's over. Now, we just have international violence disagreements.

WHEW ! I lick Obamao's toes because he is "specialer and more wonderfuller""

Ohh no!

I was foolish enough to think that the unemployment numbers and the exploding debt might be a small problem.

I'm sure that tagging on another trillion'll fix that all right up.

WSS

Let's try this like adults. You made two claims:

1) "Whether he made it worse or not he's been president for 3 years and it is worse.

Simple fact."

Name me one metric that shows that the economy today is worse than in January of 2009.

2) Another fact is this: it's been getting worse since the democrats took control of

the houses under Bush.

Okay, name me one thing the Democrats did after they took control of both Houses in 2006 that made the economy worse.

Back up what you're saying. Everyone knows the economy isn't good. You're saying something else beyond that. So back it up.

And skip the definitional retreat part.

1) "Whether he made it worse or not he's been president for 3 years and it is worse.

Simple fact."

Name me one metric that shows that the economy today is worse than in January of 2009.

2) Another fact is this: it's been getting worse since the democrats took control of

the houses under Bush.

Okay, name me one thing the Democrats did after they took control of both Houses in 2006 that made the economy worse.

Back up what you're saying. Everyone knows the economy isn't good. You're saying something else beyond that. So back it up.

Is a smaller percentage of the workforce employed today or not?

Is the debt a lot worse?

Simple questions.

Have things gotten worse since the democrats took control of the houses or not?

Did the Bush tax cuts have an effect on the overall downturn of the economy, yes or no?

WSS

Is a smaller percentage of the workforce employed today or not?

Is the debt a lot worse?

Simple questions.

Have things gotten worse since the democrats took control of the houses or not?

Did the Bush tax cuts have an effect on the overall downturn of the economy, yes or no?

WSS

No, they're not simple questions with simple answers. You just don't know how to answer anything with any complexity or depth. But that's your problem.

Here. Unemployment, when Obama took office, was at 7.9% and plunging. It reached it's lowest level in October of that year, 10.1%. Since then it's slowly declined in fits and starts to where it is now, 8.6%. In fact, the trend bottoms out almost the instant Obama is elected. And no one in their right mind, or who isn't shilling for Obama, would give him credit for that either. Because he hadn't even done anything yet.

The debt is worse. When Obama took office, the debt was at $10.6 trillion. It's now $15.1 trillion. There are lots of reasons the debt is worse. You have one answer: Obama and the Democrats. This answer works for you? Really? Come on.

Again, what did the Democratic Congress do after 2006 that made the economy worse? It's not the simple fact that they were elected. What did they do? Name something. If someone has cancer, and gets a new doctor midway through treatment, and then their condition worsens, would you blame the new doctor? I guess it would depend on what the doctor did, wouldn't it? Same thing here. So name something they did instead of being a hack.

You do realize that your analysis is no deeper than Cal's right now, don't you? At least Cal put up a chart with numbers. They were all intentionally misleading, and he wouldn't know the difference, but you should. (But clearly don't.)

If you want to have this conversation, let's have it. Because there's lots to talk about.

Simple fact."

the houses under Bush.

So, just for the record, both my statements were true correct?

I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page since you challenged me to name one metric.

To the second point you agree that I'm right but claim it's not your fault.

You will agree that that there have been some unrealistic campaign boasts.

Rather then to defend that your candidate now goes on the offensive with his embarrassing message of populism.

Can we agree that if that doctor had promised a cure or at least significant improvement he'd be called to task for his failure?

WSS

So, just for the record, both my statements were true correct?

I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page since you challenged me to name one metric.

To the second point you agree that I'm right but claim it's not your fault.

You will agree that that there have been some unrealistic campaign boasts.

Rather then to defend that your candidate now goes on the offensive with his embarrassing message of populism.

Can we agree that if that doctor had promised a cure or at least significant improvement he'd be called to task for his failure?

WSS

I'd tell you what I'd rather not do - have this kind of conversation where we deal in nonsense and metaphors rather than reality.

And no, the employment situation is obviously far better now than in January of 2009. You just don't know how to look at it. Just like you don't know how to look at the debt figures.

I miss Tupa.

I'd tell you what I'd rather not do - have this kind of conversation where we deal in nonsense and metaphors rather than reality.

And no, the employment situation is obviously far better now than in January of 2009. You just don't know how to look at it. Just like you don't know how to look at the debt figures.

I miss Tupa.

You always miss him when you get your butt smacked.

You asked me to back up a couple claims, and I did so.

Now your mad.

It's too bad you're completely unable to get out of flack mode.

WSS

To be fair you guys are so ingrained in ur believes, through legitimate means or not, that you'll never think you lost an argument.

Sure, a moon base sounds cool, but there are way more important scientific endeavors we could put that money into

I realize your probly too young to have much perspective on this woody, but those of us who remembers jack kennedy were probably big fans of the space program. I still am even though I understand oftentimes it seems pie in the sky.

But in those days the whole nation was inspired by something as mundane as circling the earth in a space capsule.

Superfluous?

Maybe it is but I don't see that as left right republican or democrat.

I just like the space program and the progress we make today might not even be realized until we're all dead and gone.

If you really want to be realistic about it we should probably spend that money on developing a new doomsday weapons system. It won't be long until everyone has nuclear bombs. Don't forget that weapons are what changed the basis of the world power for hundreds of years.

But it's just not as much fun to dream about as putting people on other planets, is it?

WSS

You always miss him when you get your butt smacked.

You asked me to back up a couple claims, and I did so.

Now your mad.

It's too bad you're completely unable to get out of flack mode.

WSS

That made me laugh out loud.

The guy who takes the unemployment rate when Obama steps into office and then compares it to now, without noting anything; the debt when Obama took office and compares it to now, without mentioning what makes up the increase; and then ties the economic problems to when the Democrats took over Congress in 2006 - without being able to name a single thing they did that might have affected the economy - accuses me of being "in flack mode." And also declares victory.

Classic.

"Whether he made it worse or not he's been president for 3 years and it is worse.

Simple fact."

Well, no. Let's try again, Steve, because there's plenty to critique Obama on. It just can't be ridiculously simplistic and from talking point land. That's where you are right now.

Let's take a look at private sector job creation since 2008.

JobLossGain_PrivateSector_Dec2007-Feb2011.jpg

Now take a look at the GDP rate.

So, obviously, no one would ever contend that the economy or the jobs market is doing worse now than when Obama took office. It's doing better.

But hey, if you want to win an election - and you talk like a guy running for office, or shilling on Fox - you'd take the unemployment rate and claim it's worse.

Sure, I could do that and you could too if you read the article. Basically, if you focused more on infrastructure spending and directly hired people you could have had a stimulus that was more stimulative rather than more of a "hole-filler." But you were never going to right the ship. This was always going to be a period of pain and decreased economic activity and increasing debt. The steps they - and the Bush administration - took stabilized the financial sector shallowed out the recession, but they ended up being too small and not focused enough on the right things. But, as the memos show, this is all they felt they could do. They could only find $225 billion of direct investment spending and the economists thought they needed to find a trillion. In the end, they filled it with tax cuts and aid to the states, which, while stimulative, isn't as much as a bang for the buck as direct infrastructure spending. Some of this, of course, is also based on the fact that they were planning off GDP numbers that were, as we later found out, wrong. The recession was much worse than the one they planned for.

But let's not go down your side road too far. Do you still contend that the economy "is worse" after three years of Obama? Is the unemployment rate when he took office versus the unemployment rate your only criteria? Does that make any sense?

GDP in the 4th quarter of 2008, as Obama took office, was -8.9%. Last month it was +2.8%.

Job losses in the 4th quarter of 2008, as Obama took office, averaged -510,000 per month. Last month we added 200,000.

If you're going to use this entirely incomplete picture, at least get it right. I mean, even Mitt Romney, who is actually running for president, admits that the economy is getting better.

So, all you have to do is go to a blog, and post a graph that happens to reflect how the unemployment/employment rates

are calc'ed inaccurately?

NOBODY takes into consideration self-employed folks.

Meanwhile, the graph shows the skyrocketing of unemployment...

it does NOT show the unemployment running completely out under Obamao.

Like, changing the name of terrorism makes deaths in the war against not terrorism go to zero.

Maybe Obamao has a stupid base, but the rest of America knows better.

Obamao is a lying, marxist dirtbag.

Meanwhile, Heck Woody,

"To be fair you guys are so ingrained in ur believes"

It's "BELIEFS".

As in, most of the board believes you can't spell "beliefs".

Missing Workers: 4.9 Million Out Of Work And Forgotten

This was reported in April of 2011, so dont try to feed us some bullcrap propped up story that Obama has saved the unemployed. Hundred of thousands monthly are exhausting their unemployment benefits monthly and have gave up on finding anything that is reasonable.

Take a look at some of the big box stores and see how they have handled the Obama requirements for HC, They cut all fulltime jobs and made the average worker part time only. The only people who have a full time jobs at stores like Home Depot and etc. are the management.

Archived