THE BROWNS BOARD

Wow. Marco Rubio Says Obama Has Made Everything Worse

calfoxwc

Westside Steve, I've noticed you don't answer stuff or contribute facts that often. You just ask questions.

That is that you do, right? Woody woodchuck

Translation:

"Steve, ... if a woodchuck could chuck wood, could it chuck more wood than Cal can cut and split

in three and a half hours?"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pay a higher tax rate than Mitt Romney. I have less money to invest and therefore make more money off of. If I had paid Romney's tax rate I would have had more money to reinvest.

If you had invested any, you would.

that's what is capital gains means.

By the way, how much do you earn a year?

WSS

So, unearned income should be taxed less? That's hilarious.

It's funny how everyone claims that raising taxes will cause people controlling the money to leave. Yet, historically, the top tax rate has been much higher than it currently is. Especially when it was in the 90% range throughout the '50's and '60's, America's purported "golden years". Did everyone leave then?

It's funny how everyone claims that raising taxes will cause people controlling the money to leave. Yet, historically, the top tax rate has been much higher than it currently is. Especially when it was in the 90% range throughout the '50's and '60's, America's purported "golden years". Did everyone leave then?

Back then there was hardly any where to go.

We live in a global market today.

Made in japan meant garbage back then and there was no china mexico india etcetra to compete.

Pure and simple lower capital gains means more investment.

WSS

No, but how many of those jobs were done by people then and machines now?

Also, I agree that a richest should get taxed more on their unearned income, but the problem is you get a bunch of dickweeds with no respect for the country that allowed them to succeed. Not to mention they put their money in Swiss banks and don't get taxed. It's these motherfuckers that have too much control, they could give back so much more. I mean, really, what's the difference between having a net worth of 40 million dollars and having a net worth of 4 million dollars? These selfish motherfuckers are wrong, use that cash to fix the system.

I wouldn't be too worried about future jobs being shipped overseas. The average American workers is far more productive (3X) than the Chinese worker, and the wage gap is rapidly shrinking. Also rising energy costs make it more expensive to ship items from foreign lands.

http://www.bcg.com/media/PressReleaseDetails.aspx?id=tcm:12-75973

http://www.stateofglobe.com/2012/02/03/us-workers-three-times-more-productive-than-chinese-workers/

It's stupid to say that anyone who is successful doesn't care about their country.

Why not just call them a bunch of aliens from the planet Neptune or something?

Talk about "hating". dang.

I think Vapor is Shep's "other brother Daryll".

(That's a Bob Newhart show reference, btw)

I don't believe we are 3 times more productive than Chinese workers... where is the proof?

UN: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20572828/ns/business-world_business/t/un-us-workers-are-worlds-most-productive/

Boston Consulting Group: http://www.bcg.com/expertise_impact/publications/PublicationDetails.aspx?id=tcm:12-84591

The average U.S. worker produces $63,885 of wealth per year

Ok that is how they did it.

Then obviously a Chinese worker, that spends all day making tiny, insignificant products, or one tiny part of an iPhone, isn't going to produce more wealth. But judging how productive an individual is based off of the wealth they create seems heavily dependent on the situation.

I could work less than you, and not do as much as I can with my time (maybe surfing the internet during work) but my company's final products are expensive technological goods. You could work your ass off everyday, for longer hours, but be a small part in creating blue jeans. Then, obviously, I am going to "produce more wealth", but I don't think that means I am more productive.

I think it's a fairly accurate measure of productivity. A nation's economy is measured in dollars, not lead contaminated pieces of shit. Would you consider someone making thousands of buttons a day as productive as someone assembling one high-quality jet engine every two days? I would not. You can't measure the sheer quantity of pieces made to judge productivity.

Well I was looking at it more from the view of the individual workers, not the country itself. Therefore, in my view, how prosperous a country is should have nothing to do with how productive a worker from that country is. Maybe I am confusing productive with how hard-working and efficient a worker is, idk.

It's stupid to say that anyone who is successful doesn't care about their country.

Why not just call them a bunch of aliens from the planet Neptune or something?

Talk about "hating". dang.

I think Vapor is Shep's "other brother Daryll".

(That's a Bob Newhart show reference, btw)

Cal, you don't like these people just as much as I don't, if not moreso. These CEO's are the types of CEO's who open up plants in China, India, and Mexico instead of bringing jobs here because they have to pay too much for it.

Actually, Vapor, that's partly true - the reasons though, are because of our inability to compete in wages, and

the union demands that have led companies to give entitlements that cannot be afforded in the long run.

And, if you try, I'm sure you can find an old union member who will tell you it's true.

Archived