THE BROWNS BOARD

Rg3 On Mike And Mike

Loyalty

I was skeptical about this guy but I am seriously hoping the Browns get him in the draft. I have seen a lot of talent on the field and now that I hear this guy speak I am quite impressed. While this is a drop in the bucket as far as how to measure a guy's intellect, etc. - I like what I hear so far.

He is confident and I hope we get someone with swagger like this guy seems to have.

Anyone still not sold on him or completely hate this guy as a pick for the Browns?

This what I thought might happen. The more people that actually watch his games, the more people that actually listen to him talk, the more people that understand his background ... the more people are going to come around.

He is a well-grounded kid whose parents are retired military. Had a degree in political science at age 20:

Currently pursuing a master's degree in communications

Graduated December 2010 - degree in political science

2011 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

Arthur Ashe Overall Sports Scholar Award finalist, 2010

2010 Academic All-District VI (ESPN/CoSIDA)

2010 Academic All-Big 12 (first team)

2011 Spring Baylor Dean's List

2010 Fall Baylor Dean's List

2010 Fall Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

2010 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

2009 Fall Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

2009 Spring Baylor Dean's List

2009 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

2008 Fall Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

2008 Spring Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll

Graduated No. 7 in senior class at Copperas Cove (Texas) High School

Zombo

I was skeptical about this guy but I am seriously hoping the Browns get him in the draft. I have seen a lot of talent on the field and now that I hear this guy speak I am quite impressed. While this is a drop in the bucket as far as how to measure a guy's intellect, etc. - I like what I hear so far.

He is confident and I hope we get someone with swagger like this guy seems to have.

Anyone still not sold on him or completely hate this guy as a pick for the Browns?

You didn't mention that Vanilla Ice was going to be on at 9:30!

Stop! Collaborate and listen...

Zombo

I like the kid i just dont think we should trade up to get him....if he is there at 4 then yes pull the trigger and pick him. We have to many needs to spend 2 1st round picks on 1 player

I would trade our early 1st rd pick as well as our 2nd and maybe a mid-rd next year to get him...

id throw in a bag of peanuts, but no way in hell do i give up extra picks.

I agree. Get him at #4 if you want him and if he is there, But the Browns need talent at many other positions such that we have no business giving up other draft picks to move up a slot or two to get him...

However how about this: We trade up to the Rams to take RGIII at #2, but we don't give up any additional draft picks..

Trade the #4 and Mohammed Massaquoi?

Throw in Montario Hardesty?

I was going to say trade the #4 and Colt McCoy to go up to #2. It would be fresh to see Bradford and McCoy together on a team, n'est ce pas? But I don't think the Rams would do that. So give them the #4 and two former second rounders.

(No, I haven't been smoking anything funny)

I would trade our early 1st rd pick as well as our 2nd and maybe a mid-rd next year to get him...

That's about as high as I'd go too. Sorry, not both 1st rounders to move up two slots. Checking the draft value chart, you have it about right- a second this year, and third next year is fair. The Rams will probably want more. If Snyder wants to offer them two firsts and a second- have at it, we have too many holes to fill with those picks.

We're not trading them Sheard or Thomas instead of picks to move up either.

I've said all along I have no objections to taking RGIII if H&H think he's the bomb- at the right price. Jason J who knows a thing or two about football posted in another thread, and is extremely high on the guy. What I know is the kid is smart as hell, has track speed, a rocket launcher arm (possibly superior to Andrew Luck's), and a lightning release. Remains to be seen if he's accurate when pressured, can decipher pro defenses and thread the ball into tight coverage- any bozo can get the ball to a Kendall Wright who's 10 yards behind the defense.

That's about as high as I'd go too. Sorry, not both 1st rounders to move up two slots. Checking the draft value chart, you have it about right- a second this year, and third next year is fair. The Rams will probably want more. If Snyder wants to offer them two firsts and a second- have at it, we have too many holes to fill with those picks.

We're not trading them Sheard or Thomas instead of picks to move up either.

I've said all along I have no objections to taking RGIII if H&H think he's the bomb- at the right price. Jason J who knows a thing or two about football posted in another thread, and is extremely high on the guy. What I know is the kid is smart as hell, has track speed, a rocket launcher arm (possibly superior to Andrew Luck's), and a lightning release. Remains to be seen if he's accurate when pressured, can decipher pro defenses and thread the ball into tight coverage- any bozo can get the ball to a Kendall Wright who's 10 yards behind the defense.

Is Kendall Wright really that good? I would almost rather take a chance on a drunk Michael Floyd... (half-kidding)

He is also married to his High School sweetheart if that means anything. And he didn't knock her up when she was 15.

yeah she ain't no mrs. colt mccoy but she is the same color.

i also like the subtitle of this thread "well spoken and confident." i gez iffin he spokes like dez youse woods steel wants himma?

GTFO

hope he has an industrial size chip on his shoulder to go with that swagger

To be fair, I believe RGIII will be a success. And if the Browns take him at 4, I'll be delighted - because THEY think

that's a dynamic move for the Browns. BPA? Could very well be RGIII.

But trading up is dumb - the Browns need those choices. They do NOT have the luxury of a filled, steady roster

to be able to sacrifice picks. I still say though, that Colt would still be the starter the first year.

And, if the Browns do draft RGIII, it won't be so much a statement about Colt being expendable, it will

be a statement about Seneca being a pouty, selfish little wuss. I'd trade Seneca. An extra pick in some later round would

still come in handy.

I want him at #4. No trading up this year. If Luck, Blackmon and Grif are gone, we trade the fuck out of there. If we draft a right tackle at #4 I will shit a brick and throw it through a window in Berea.

Z

Ghoolie, have you ever made a worthwhile post?

To be fair Dean's list and Honors roll is probably a joke for poli sci majors

Yeah... and do we know what his politics are?

...and engineering students.

Hey... I are an engineer so watch it... :D

Still not sold on RG... not even at 22 let alone 4...

sorry I just cant put stock in 1 year sensations...If he did it over time...Id consider it.

He isn't exactly a one year wonder. Just happens no one took notice until this year (I am as guilty as most of having not noticed). In his 2010 season at Baylor:

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2010 304 454 3501 67.0 7.71 94 22 8 20 144.2

So he was solid in 2010. What he as done is shown progress and improvement over each year. Problem is he played at Baylor, which no one hears about or puts them on SportsCenter. Not a whole lot of people knew who Flacco, Dalton, or Favre were either when they were drafted.

He isn't exactly a one year wonder. Just happens no one took notice until this year (I am as guilty as most of having not noticed). In his 2010 season at Baylor:

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2010 304 454 3501 67.0 7.71 94 22 8 20 144.2

So he was solid in 2010. What he as done is shown progress and improvement over each year. Problem is he played at Baylor, which no one hears about or puts them on SportsCenter. Not a whole lot of people knew who Flacco, Dalton, or Favre were either when they were drafted.

I knew about Favre...I was totally blown away by him in college...I got almost that same feeling with Eli Manning, who a lot of people were down on. I havent seen anybody whose made Me feel that good about a QB comming out since then.

To be fair Dean's list and Honors roll is probably a joke for poli sci majors

Dean's list and Honor roll for any major is impressive.

Very ignorant for someone coming from such a great school.

and I've been mindfucked the past few days, I'd go all-in on RGIII...if he dropped to 4.

Yes yes yes, dumbasses. Congregate and talk like you are NFL execs who know what teh fkuck is going on.

Even though this Rubic's cube only has 2 pieces and you dumb asses STILL can't get it............... here is the down and dirty................

1) As a QB COlt McCoy is a dumbass, noodle armed, slow wit, blind as a bat SHIT PILE as a QB/

2) Colt McCoy will never start in the NFL again.

3) RG3 is the BEST talent in the QB field.

4) RG3 is within the graps of The Browns.

NOBODY in their right fkucking mind passes on this kind of talent when it may only take a second round pick to move up and guarantee we get him.

Right Tackles and fatass overpaid Joe THomas are not going to get the Browns anywhere. These are dime-a-dozen players and can be picked up at any jail or drunken biker saloon.

When a team doesn't have a QB, all the other pieces don't mean shit. THEY DON'T MEAN SHIT.

Should the Browns stand pat with McCoy, then I will bet anyone $1000 per win in 2012 over 5 - 11 versus $1000 for any wins under 5 - 11.

In other words, 5 - 11 scratches.

" I wouldn't give up picks to move up"

Good shit beasiality, WTF are you idiots smoking. As if anyone in their right mind would pass on this kid if McShit was their QB.

Is that what it would take to move up to #2 according to draft chart?

If so, that's a small price to pay to grab a franchise QB, if the FO thinks he is one. 2nd round picks rarely tun into all pro type guys.

Idk, who was drafting #4 the year Mcnabb was drafted, but with hindsight I'm sure they would've gave up a second rounder to get him.

Archived