THE BROWNS BOARD

Todd Mcshay Has Us...

Represent

To me it seems silly that Todd McShay would even make a comment like this before the March 15th deadline arrives. Teams will move up or down the draft board based upon free agent signings and I seriously doubt any team would venture a trade offer prior to then. The Bucs, Skins and maybe even the Jags are potential trade candidates for the Rams/Vikings. I believe that both the Rams/Vikings are considering Blackmon as their selection, who will not be available after a trade.

Unless the Bucs, Skins or Jags have idiots employed in their personnel department (and I think the Skins do...i.e. the owner Snyder) those teams do not appear primed for a play-off run in 2012. That would mean a huge, huge cost to trade this years and next years 1st rounders to move up a few spots. Not to mention, that cost may likely include a 3rd/4th rounder from this year as well.

Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.

I think Holmgren/Heckert may consider moving up 2 spots for RG3, but I don't see them offering more than the #4 pick and your second round pick this year. No other team can match that offer without spending future first rounders and I've already stated my opinion that the three other teams in possible contention for RG3 would be idiots to do so.

You could say Miami is a potential trade candidate for RG3, but that's a huge fall for the trade partner and Miami seems to have a bit better prospects for 2012 with RG3 than the other teams would with RG3.

Just out of curiosity why would you think the Bucs would move up?? I wouldn't think they would have interest in RGIII at all. Freeman had a spectacular second year ... and while he didn't live up to the hype from year 2 he still didn't play bad. I wouldn't think they have any interest in a QB right now. Especially not at the premium it would take to get RGIII

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything really falls on Indy. If they keep Peyton Manning (which seems highly unlikely), selecting Andrew Luck will be a huge problem for them. Were I Luck, I would pull a John Elway on Irsay and company. RG3 can wait 1/2 years before taking over the reins in Indy, Luck is more likely to cause friction. Luck does not want an Aaron Rodgers type treatment. Indy can't select RG3 with the 1st overall pick, they would need to trade back to get him, as you can't select an inferior QB first. Hence Cleveland is the only team truly capable of interesting Indy.

Zero percent chance that Indy either trades this pick or does not select Luck. Its a waste of time for me to even type these 2 sentences to respond to this.

RG3 is a deep ball power slinger and left handed, so unless the browns are willing to dedicate to building around rg3s biggest assets which would include a new vertical playbook, a strong right blindside and some blazing fast WRs it would be waste and with shurmur as the HC a likely disaster in the making..

I do not regard this stubborn ancient minded regime as being open to changing anything that might induce the club to modernize and or win so i would almost bet my right testicle this is not even remotely in the plans and is just another bad guess by a so called pro..

Robert-Griffin-III.jpg

HE LOOKS SO LITTLE! :o

If we trade our 22nd pick to move up two slots for RGR3, then i'm warning everyone on this Board right now that he'd better be a star from Day 1 with whatever line and whatever WR's are on our roster. If he isn't winning (starting with Week 1), then my assault will make Lumberg's episode here look like a fairy tale.

i haven't seen a love affair like this since we drafted Wali Rainer (and he was a 4th rounder). i'm getting psyched for this draft.

I agree, but I am kind of to that point no matter who we draft.

If at any point in the season we fall 2 games under .500, starting players need to be replaced. At any point during the season we drop 3 games under .500, or lose 3 in a row, the coach is fired.

If you can't win one out of three, you can't coach my team. If you can't keep the team better than 3 games under .500, you have a failed plan that needs to be replaced.

hmmm....he put up 4 years of stats in only 3 years? he must be really damn good!

He graduated in 2010 and was pursuing his Masters in 2011.

It's not uncommon for some of the best academic students to graduate in three years and still have eligibility. I think Kosar graduated in three years.

Zombo

Akili Smith really? Smith was arrested for assault and drunken driving while in college and failed to pass SAT.

It took RG3 three years each to graduate high school and college and has no concerns of character.

Smith ran a pro style offense with the Ducks while RG3 ran the spread.

The only comparison they have is the color of their skin.

OK, another Ryan Leaf, or Joey Harrington, or Cade McNown, or Brady Quinn.

All I am saying is that I am more than willing to take this guy...but not at the expense of "wasting" 2 First round picks if he flops.

Bullshit. I will guaranfuckingdamntee that you are as many or more racist people your age than there are people my age, not that there is not a share of racists my age.

It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.

It's not really about age to be honest. On college campuses, you tend to run into a lot less bigotry and narrow-mindedness. To qualify myself, it's still there, and I'm sure it varies by campus, but one does tend to run into more ignorance when venturing outside of the ivory towers of academia.

Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.

Everyone is racist. :D ...to some degree...

Well yeah the region matters.

Age definitely matters too, maybe just not as much

(I don't mean full blown racist, there are obviously different levels)

Age is NOT the issue, at all. It is cultural upbringing.

I mean, look at this this way, my upbringing said it was wrong to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation etc.

....but that it was perfectly acceptable to discriminate against anyone that goes to Michigan.

Ya follow?

Yea, well, trust me, if you go to Hilltuck South Carolina you are certainly going to see it more than on the campuses of the East or Midwest.

I live in South Carolina, and I've found that the Northern states are more racist than here.

It makes sense, really. Here, everybody is poor, they can't even afford to be racist. You're more than likely to be surrounded by black or mexican people in your trailer park. You've got to learn to coexist.

I hate ignorant people, I don't care what skin color you are. If you're an ignorant white asshole, you're getting thrown out. If you're an ignorant black asshole, you're getting thrown out. To me, if the "n" word HAD to be used, it much better describes ignorant shitheads that act like they're "hard", not as a term for black people.

I live in South Carolina, and I've found that the Northern states are more racist than here.

I actually doubt that, though I guess it is arguable. My father in law lives in SC and from what I see, racism is still a bit more overt down there. If the south had been left to itself it would be even worse. It was the infusion of "white flighters"....white as in snow white...from the north that has helped change the attitudes down there a lot..

It makes sense, really. Here, everybody is poor, they can't even afford to be racist. You're more than likely to be surrounded by black or mexican people in your trailer park. You've got to learn to coexist.

I hate ignorant people, I don't care what skin color you are. If you're an ignorant white asshole, you're getting thrown out. If you're an ignorant black asshole, you're getting thrown out. To me, if the "n" word HAD to be used, it much better describes ignorant shitheads that act like they're "hard", not as a term for black people.

Yeah, they've (white flighters) done us a ton of good. Just ask florida. Sorry, couldn't hold my tongue on this anymore.

To be fair, both the kkk and the neo nazis/working man's party (whichever they call themselves these days) are hqed up yall's way (by choice).

Not denying there aren't assholes here, just stop believing hollywood's and the national news' depictions of us. There are as many interesting people here as assholes, if not more.

Yeah, they've (white flighters) done us a ton of good. Just ask florida. Sorry, couldn't hold my tongue on this anymore.

To be fair, both the kkk and the neo nazis/working man's party (whichever they call themselves these days) are hqed up yall's way (by choice).

Not denying there aren't assholes here, just stop believing hollywood's and the national news' depictions of us. There are as many interesting people here as assholes, if not more.

Well, to a certain extent, in my experience, the most "interesting people" ARE the Assholes...or, at least, the traits are not mutually exclusive.

I mean, are you trying to tell me that this is a stereotype?:

I actually doubt that, though I guess it is arguable. My father in law lives in SC and from what I see, racism is still a bit more overt down there. If the south had been left to itself it would be even worse. It was the infusion of "white flighters"....white as in snow white...from the north that has helped change the attitudes down there a lot..

My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.

I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".

My family are all "snow birds", "white flighters", what have you. They left Youngstown and the cold winters of the North to move to the beach and better climates. Honestly, they're more racist than most of the people I know that have grown up here. Granted, I live in Myrtle Beach and split my time between here and Charleston, so my basis of opinion could be a little flawed. A tourist/service industry town and a city that is widely considered as the most polite city in America are not the best samples when doing a study on racism. The further inland you go, I'm sure it gets to be a different story.

I've just always found that people in DC, Baltimore, NYC, etc. seem to be more overt in their disdain for opposing races whereas in the south the racism is masked by a facade of "southern charm".

How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.

How many racial lynchings have taken place in the north in the last 50 years? None that I have ever heard of. How many in the south? Quite a few. I would call that more overt.

You guys mega hijacked the topic lol

But back to moving up to the two pick if you been listening to 850 today or watched NFL live on ESPN they DO i report DOOOOOOOOO have the Browns entering a bidding war with the Redskins at 6 and we know if the redskins want something they will go for broke on a deal..... So i had us at the 4 and 22 for RG3 at 2, Now i think its gonna cost us more in an overall deal

You just MIGHT see the Browns offer the 4 the 22 AND the 36 and if Heckert can keep the deal calm we'll take 2nd pick and a later pick in the 3rd round from the Rams

2. Browns Select QB RG3 with the 2nd Pick Baylor Via trade with Rams

64. Browns Select RB LaMicheal James Oregan

66. Browns Select WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech. Via Trade with Rams

Rams then have the 4, 22, 34, 36 picks in the 2012 draft

Myrtle Beach and Charleston.......I envy you.

Archived