Is Trent Richardson The Pick?

CTownVol

He can bench 475 POUNDS!!!! :blink:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look you little bitches...

See ANY "flutterballs" you FLUTTERSUCKERS? :lol:

I didn't realize the key to succeeding as an NFL runningback was directly related to how much you can bench.

By that train of thought every NFL lineman, offensive and defensive, would be stellar runningbacks.

Trent Richardson is Peyton Hillis. They're the same style of runningback. They're the same speed. Hillis, however, has 25 lbs and 4 inches on Richardson.

Why waste a draft pick on a player that is already on our roster? Because ESPN is sucking his dick? Because he benches 450 lbs? Because you want a Trent Richardson Browns jersey so you can wear it around your friends?

Having him does not significantly improve our team. Releasing Hillis and drafting Richardson would put us in the exact same position we're in at the moment. Releasing Hillis and drafting anybody else will improve whatever position we then draft. There's no upside to drafting Richardson.

It's not going to happen. Get over it. Jerk off to him on your own time.

This IS my own time kiddo. Anyways, would you guys quit saying that we have Hillis on our roster. He's as good as gone IMO. He can go anywhere he wants and Cleveland would much rather put their eggs in the Richardson basket. Hillis IS an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT.

Did I ever say that he was going to be a GREAT NFL RUNNINGBACK "BECAUSE HE CAN BENCH 450 LBS"? No- I don't think so homey. I simply stated that the guy could bench 475 Pounds... not 450 BTW.

Did you even watch the video? I think it explains why he will be ELITE in there, you don't have to take my word for it. Anyways you Lemmings, keep sucking RG3's cock and wipe off with his superman socks when your done. RG3 WILL be a bust and be out of the league in less than three years, he's another Akili Smith.

If this looks familiar, well it should it's your "savior" clone that we should trade the farm for... HE EVEN CONTINUES TO LOOK DOWN THE FIELD FOR RECEIVERS WHILE HE'S SCAMBLING!!! OMG!!! HE'S SOOOO GREAT! LOL :rolleyes: RG3 and Akili Smith = The same player.

Oh, here's RG3's future...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akili_Smith

College career

Smith attended Abraham Lincoln High School in San Diego, the alma mater of Marcus Allen and Terrell Davis,[1] before choosing to go Grossmont College, a junior college in the San Diego area for two years, prior to transferring to University of Oregon. Smith came to the foreground of draft discussions because of his performance in his senior season at Oregon, throwing 32 touchdown passes in only 11 starts in college.

[edit] Professional career

[edit] 1999 Draft

In the 1999 NFL Draft, a year when five quarterbacks would be drafted in the first round, Smith was the third quarterback and third player selected overall, by the Cincinnati Bengals.

[edit] National Football League (1999 - 2005)

[edit] Cincinnati Bengals

Prior to the draft, there was an effort by New Orleans Saints' head coach Mike Ditka and management to get the Cincinnati Bengals' high draft position so the Saints could get Ricky Williams. The final offer, which was refused by Bengals management, was for nine draft picks, several extra in that year as well as many the next year. Instead of taking the trade, the Bengals stayed with their initial decision to draft Smith, who, while athletic, (he had also played two years of minor-league baseball and ran a 4.66 40-yard dash[2]) was still largely unproven, having only succeeded at the college level for one season.

Smith missed large periods of 1999 training camp due to contract disputes; many pundits[who?] later speculated that his absence from this part of training camp hurt him in the seasons to come[citation needed]. Despite showing athleticism in his early games, he failed to grasp the Bengals playbook fully, and never established himself with the team. During the four years he was with the Bengals, he would only start in 17 games and throw just five TD passes next to 13 interceptions, eventually leading to his release in 2002, after riding the bench mostly during the previous two years.

[edit] Green Bay Packers/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Frankfurt Galaxy

In 2003, Smith tried out for the Green Bay Packers, as Brett Favre's backup. He was, however, unsuccessful there and was later released.[3] In 2005, he was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after a stint in NFL Europe where he started four games for the Frankfurt Galaxy.

[edit] Canadian Football League (2007)

[edit] Calgary Stampeders (2007)

In 2007, Smith signed a two-year contract with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League, where he was expected to compete for the starting quarterback position with another former NFL player, Henry Burris. After an unimpressive debut in an exhibition against the Edmonton Eskimos, Smith played well in the final exhibition against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Though listed going into the game as the third-string quarterback, he completed three touchdown passes in only one half of play, including one to former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Marc Boerigter.

In his first regular season action, replacing Burris in the second quarter on July 12, Smith struggled against the Toronto Argonauts. He finished 6-of-10 for 63 yards, no touchdowns and three interceptions. He also lost one fumble. He was then pulled at the end of the half.

After an unimpressive showing against the Roughriders on October 8, 2007, going 4-of-12, for 37 yards, along with the impending return of a healthy Burris, the Stampeders released Smith on October 10, 2007.

[edit] After football

After retiring from football, he was the quarterbacks coach for Grossmont College. Smith is a deacon at Missionary Baptist Church and plays football for God's House, a flag football team.[4]

In March 2010 Smith joined the University of California's football staff as a graduate assistant to work with the offense. Cal head coach Jeff Tedford previously coached Smith at Oregon when he was offensive coordinator.[5]

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hillis is not coming back he's going to go to a contender because there is NO reason the Browns will sign him to a outrageous contract when they can get Richardson much, much cheaper.

Here's one where Akili "flicks" a deep ball 40+ yards to... FITTINGLY GRIFFIN!!! :lol:

ENJOY!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063429-2012-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-predictions-and-analysis/page/5

Trent Richardson, Running Back, Alabama #4 Pick of the 2012 NFL Draft

The Cleveland Browns are in a position to simply draft the best player available, no matter the position, when their pick comes up. With two choices in the first round, the Browns can use 2012 as a true franchise-building year.

With the first pick the Browns should pick up the best all-around running back prospect since LaDainian Tomlinson in 2011: Trent Richardson.

Richardson's abilities as a runner, receiver and blocker are unparalleled among recent draft prospects. He's a strong runner up the middle, has the speed to turn the corner (see the BCS championship game for proof) and has the third-down capabilities as a runner and blocker to be an elite NFL back from Day 1.

Maybe you don't spend a top-five pick on running backs every year, but when a player this special comes around you draft him.

To all the "Naysayers"- It looks like I'm not the only one that feels Richardson would be a great fit for Cleveland. When Richardson is breaking the Defense's back and torching the secondary on the perimeter you'll be cheering just like I will be... get used to the idea of Trent "The Terror" Richardson in the Orange and Brown. Or maybe "T-1000" as in the terminator that won't be stopped in Terminator 2. It's fitting as he's a lock to gain 1000+ yards in each and every season he'll be a Brown... B)

To everyone that thinks Richardson and Hillis are the same- That's crazy.

If they were animals- Hillis is a Rhino, Richardson's a Black Panther.

If vehicles... Hillis is a Hummer and Richardson is Mustang.

They're both powerful but Richardson is faster and more elusive... He is a complete 4 down NFL back. I LOVE Hillis but if he walks out on us than so be it, however- I'd love him to stay and replace Marecic.

To everyone that thinks Richardson and Hillis are the same- That's crazy.

If they were animals- Hillis is a Rhino, Richardson's a Black Panther.

If vehicles... Hillis is a Hummer and Richardson is Mustang.

They're both powerful but Richardson is faster and more elusive... He is a complete 4 down NFL back. I LOVE Hillis but if he walks out on us than so be it, however- I'd love him to stay and replace Marecic.

A rhino would kill a black panther and a hummer would run over a mustang. From your analogies I'll take Hillis.

This IS my own time kiddo. Anyways, would you guys quit saying that we have Hillis on our roster. He's as good as gone IMO. He can go anywhere he wants and Cleveland would much rather put their eggs in the Richardson basket. Hillis IS an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT.

Did I ever say that he was going to be a GREAT NFL RUNNINGBACK "BECAUSE HE CAN BENCH 450 LBS"? No- I don't think so homey. I simply stated that the guy could bench 475 Pounds... not 450 BTW.

Did you even watch the video? I think it explains why he will be ELITE in there, you don't have to take my word for it. Anyways you Lemmings, keep sucking RG3's cock and wipe off with his superman socks when your done. RG3 WILL be a bust and be out of the league in less than three years, he's another Akili Smith.

If this looks familiar, well it should it's your "savior" clone that we should trade the farm for... HE EVEN CONTINUES TO LOOK DOWN THE FIELD FOR RECEIVERS WHILE HE'S SCAMBLING!!! OMG!!! HE'S SOOOO GREAT! LOL :rolleyes: RG3 and Akili Smith = The same player.

Oh, here's RG3's future...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akili_Smith

College career

Smith attended Abraham Lincoln High School in San Diego, the alma mater of Marcus Allen and Terrell Davis,[1] before choosing to go Grossmont College, a junior college in the San Diego area for two years, prior to transferring to University of Oregon. Smith came to the foreground of draft discussions because of his performance in his senior season at Oregon, throwing 32 touchdown passes in only 11 starts in college.

[edit] Professional career

[edit] 1999 Draft

In the 1999 NFL Draft, a year when five quarterbacks would be drafted in the first round, Smith was the third quarterback and third player selected overall, by the Cincinnati Bengals.

[edit] National Football League (1999 - 2005)

[edit] Cincinnati Bengals

Prior to the draft, there was an effort by New Orleans Saints' head coach Mike Ditka and management to get the Cincinnati Bengals' high draft position so the Saints could get Ricky Williams. The final offer, which was refused by Bengals management, was for nine draft picks, several extra in that year as well as many the next year. Instead of taking the trade, the Bengals stayed with their initial decision to draft Smith, who, while athletic, (he had also played two years of minor-league baseball and ran a 4.66 40-yard dash[2]) was still largely unproven, having only succeeded at the college level for one season.

Smith missed large periods of 1999 training camp due to contract disputes; many pundits[who?] later speculated that his absence from this part of training camp hurt him in the seasons to come[citation needed]. Despite showing athleticism in his early games, he failed to grasp the Bengals playbook fully, and never established himself with the team. During the four years he was with the Bengals, he would only start in 17 games and throw just five TD passes next to 13 interceptions, eventually leading to his release in 2002, after riding the bench mostly during the previous two years.

[edit] Green Bay Packers/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Frankfurt Galaxy

In 2003, Smith tried out for the Green Bay Packers, as Brett Favre's backup. He was, however, unsuccessful there and was later released.[3] In 2005, he was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after a stint in NFL Europe where he started four games for the Frankfurt Galaxy.

[edit] Canadian Football League (2007)

[edit] Calgary Stampeders (2007)

In 2007, Smith signed a two-year contract with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League, where he was expected to compete for the starting quarterback position with another former NFL player, Henry Burris. After an unimpressive debut in an exhibition against the Edmonton Eskimos, Smith played well in the final exhibition against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Though listed going into the game as the third-string quarterback, he completed three touchdown passes in only one half of play, including one to former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Marc Boerigter.

In his first regular season action, replacing Burris in the second quarter on July 12, Smith struggled against the Toronto Argonauts. He finished 6-of-10 for 63 yards, no touchdowns and three interceptions. He also lost one fumble. He was then pulled at the end of the half.

After an unimpressive showing against the Roughriders on October 8, 2007, going 4-of-12, for 37 yards, along with the impending return of a healthy Burris, the Stampeders released Smith on October 10, 2007.

[edit] After football

After retiring from football, he was the quarterbacks coach for Grossmont College. Smith is a deacon at Missionary Baptist Church and plays football for God's House, a flag football team.[4]

In March 2010 Smith joined the University of California's football staff as a graduate assistant to work with the offense. Cal head coach Jeff Tedford previously coached Smith at Oregon when he was offensive coordinator.[5]

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hillis is not coming back he's going to go to a contender because there is NO reason the Browns will sign him to a outrageous contract when they can get Richardson much, much cheaper.

Hm, I wonder who the guy is who's been calling RG3 Troy Smith for the past 7 months. Oh, that's right...me.

Don't lump me in with the RG3 homers because I don't want Richardson. It's not one or the other.

Furthermore, if you would have actually read my comment, you'd notice I too believe Hillis will be gone. By bringing him up, I only meant to call attention to the fact that we've had the same type of runner on the team for the past two years, and we're not exactly playoff material, so it's highly unlikely bringing in Richardson will suddenly push us over the edge. Even with Hillis at full potential, our offense was anemic and we barely scraped out wins. We have needs other than at RB, having a top notch RB will only get us one extra win if any.

Not that I believe Richardson will be top notch, because he won't. His claim to fame has been running behind a solid offensive line and trucking 200 lb cornerbacks who won't ever play on Sundays. His top 5 runs that ESPN loves to shove down our throats feature him not being touched at all on three of them, two of which he makes 0 moves and still nobody is near him. The other runs he's either walking through weak arm tackles from an awful and very undersized Arkansas defense, trucking the CB from the aforementioned undersized Arkansas defense or he's trucking Janoris Jenkins, a 5'10 CB weighing in at a whopping 180 lbs. He won't be able to run over everyone in the NFL, and he sure as shit can't run around them either. At the very best, he's a slower version of Marshawn Lynch...which isn't worthy of the number 4 pick.

Alabama has been able to turn out RB's as of late. Eddie Lacy, Richardson's backup, averaged 7.5 yards a carry last season while getting over 600 rushing yards and seven touchdowns. He was seventh in the NCAA in YPC. If a backup RB, getting valuable carries in meaningful games, is 7th overall in the league in YPC it's a sure sign that either your offensive line is dominant or you've got a fantastic rushing-minded OC.

You want Hillis to stay and replace Marecic so bad, why don't you just have Richardson take Marecic's place? Because, as I and many others have said before, they're the same back. They're both 4.55 RB's from the SEC who try to run through people instead of over them. The only difference is that Hillis has already proven he can run over nearly anyone in the NFL, whereas Richardson sticks to trucking mediocre cornerbacks.

Hm, I wonder who the guy is who's been calling RG3 Troy Smith for the past 7 months. Oh, that's right...me.

Don't lump me in with the RG3 homers because I don't want Richardson. It's not one or the other.

Furthermore, if you would have actually read my comment, you'd notice I too believe Hillis will be gone. By bringing him up, I only meant to call attention to the fact that we've had the same type of runner on the team for the past two years, and we're not exactly playoff material, so it's highly unlikely bringing in Richardson will suddenly push us over the edge. Even with Hillis at full potential, our offense was anemic and we barely scraped out wins. We have needs other than at RB, having a top notch RB will only get us one extra win if any.

Not that I believe Richardson will be top notch, because he won't. His claim to fame has been running behind a solid offensive line and trucking 200 lb cornerbacks who won't ever play on Sundays. His top 5 runs that ESPN loves to shove down our throats feature him not being touched at all on three of them, two of which he makes 0 moves and still nobody is near him. The other runs he's either walking through weak arm tackles from an awful and very undersized Arkansas defense, trucking the CB from the aforementioned undersized Arkansas defense or he's trucking Janoris Jenkins, a 5'10 CB weighing in at a whopping 180 lbs. He won't be able to run over everyone in the NFL, and he sure as shit can't run around them either. At the very best, he's a slower version of Marshawn Lynch...which isn't worthy of the number 4 pick.

Alabama has been able to turn out RB's as of late. Eddie Lacy, Richardson's backup, averaged 7.5 yards a carry last season while getting over 600 rushing yards and seven touchdowns. He was seventh in the NCAA in YPC. If a backup RB, getting valuable carries in meaningful games, is 7th overall in the league in YPC it's a sure sign that either your offensive line is dominant or you've got a fantastic rushing-minded OC.

You want Hillis to stay and replace Marecic so bad, why don't you just have Richardson take Marecic's place? Because, as I and many others have said before, they're the same back. They're both 4.55 RB's from the SEC who try to run through people instead of over them. The only difference is that Hillis has already proven he can run over nearly anyone in the NFL, whereas Richardson sticks to trucking mediocre cornerbacks.

All I can say is Amen. I'll grant Richardson one thing- he has exceptional field vision. Unlike some other poster here, I'm not creaming my pants the guy can run untouched through a hole big enough to drive a semi through. The guy doesn't avoid contact either- and NFL defensive ends and linebackers tend to hit a tad harder than their college counterparts. So the guy can run a 4.5- big whoop. So can 95% of all NFL cornerbacks, you saw him get caught from behind on some of those "highlight" clips, take it to the bank that's going to be a regular occurrence in the NFL.

Richardson can bench 450? I believe Hillis tows trucks around for a workout. And I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future- so if Hillis stays, Richardson is definitely superfluous.

Look you little bitches...

See ANY "flutterballs" you FLUTTERSUCKERS? :lol:

College highlight mean squat. So- to follow your logic. If Akilli Smith was tossing nice passes in college (as was McCoy) and Smith busted, ergo, McCoy should also bust.

Now I don't hate Colt, nice kid, tries hard. I suspect his ceiling is long term solid backup quarterback, if he's willing to accept that role. He's better than Charlie Frye- but not by much. McCoy MIGHT be able to succeed as a starter if everything else around him was perfect- but it isn't a perfect world in the NFL. I suppose if I really wanted to I could pull up the YouTube where Colt underthrew a wide open Greg Little by 10 yards that should have been a sure touchdown, or show some of his (not so) quick outs that got jumped.

Did you watch any of the playoffs? You couldn't trade McCoy off for any of the qbs on parade there, (even Tebow- who's a lousy qb). Guys like Brees, Brady, and Rodgers play the game at a level Colt will never be able to touch. You really want to win a SB? Get yourself a Brees, Brady, or Rodgers, and join in the conversation.

Here's Richardson getting downright nasty with it...

Hopefully this kid is a Brown next year and is the next coming of Jim Brown or Ernie Davis(said with the utmost respect).

img_0552.jpg

:) :) :) The thought has crossed my mind. We'll let it be- we're never going to convince someone that if RGIII and Richardson are both on the board, H&H aren't going to waste a 1\2 second making up their mind- and it WON'T be the runningback.

Look, I still love all my Browns brothers and I mean no disrespect. We just have very different views with how we feel is the best route going forward. I understand your thinking and I hope you understand mine. No matter what happens, Browns fans are the best and above all else... GO BROWNS! B)

Archived