THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Not Willing To Trade #22

Harry Buffalo

^ Interesting, but ignores the Buc's sitting at #5. Their phone would start ringing if the 4 and 6 were swapped.

===========================

Seemed to me the PD article was a realistic assessment of the major players for the #2 pick. The Dolphins' ire over Fischer was an angle I had not considered. Bottom line: The Rams are trying to apply artificial deadline pressure... it ain't working.

All these tea-leaves about the Browns gushing over Tannehill are puzzling. Even without a RGIII trade up, they have no chance to get Tannehill at #22 and they won't pick him at #4... so why keep talking about him?

Because he either has a chance of being better than RG or at least we want other teams to think that's what we think...

I've watched Ryan for two years and the talent is there. What's also there is size (6'4"; 222), toughness and the development from his Jr to Sr years. I like this kid a lot. Just not in first round...

Problem is there is only the two years... or 1.5 to be precise. He came from WR to win the Ag's starting QB job halfway through his Jr year. And he was no slouch at WR... In his fifth game as Frosh he caught 12 for 210 yds.

I dont see Tannehill lasting to the 22nd pick ethier, i think if Miami dosent land Flynn they will take him at 8..Im sure Sherman would lobby on puttin him into the West Coast while they start Matt Moore for a little while...Also he wont probaly get past KC,Seattle and all those other teams who camt make a play for Griffin....I just checked alot of Mocks they have him going to Washington if they cant land RG3..

Agree... but at #6? Wow...

Maybe not up from 22, but down from 4. Browns would get a decent bounty for that pick.

Why not both?

I Know to think someone may take Tannehill in the Top 10 has me baffled, and the more time goes by i think its going to happen...I actually like him i wouldnt even put him in the same class as RG3 but wouldnt mind taking him with are 2nd Rounder thats about as far as i would go with Tannehill...And repeat i like him

Browns are not in a position of strength as much as you think. If the Browns don't get RGIII, Flynn will be their only option as a possible upgrade over McCoy and that's not a given. All these tea-leaves about the Browns gushing over Tannehill are puzzling. Even without a RGIII trade up, they have no chance to get Tannehill at #22 and they won't pick him at #4... so why keep talking about him?

Because it is leverage. Because, in point of fact they may think Tannehill might make a better QB...expecially in the NWCO because the guy played for Holmgren protege Mike Sherman at A&M. There may also be a bit of finger wrestling over Tannehill with the Dolphins...for whom Sherman is now the OC.

Face it: the fact is that certain NFL GMs may not be as masturbatory or RGIII as you are.

Indeed, they may feel like this draft could even be similar to 2004 where you had teams wrangling over Eli and Rivers...where the third QB of that draft may very well prove to be the best of the bunch. You know who I mean.

H&H may see Tannehill as a BR clone.

We've got no problem trading our thirds and beyond.

Shanahan wants to keep the second because then he can trade back from 6 and recoup those picks.

Meaning that if he succeeds in keeping our seconds this year and next, the only pick we'll really "lose" is our first next year.

I'm assuming you meant your 6th pick in the second round. :)

However, if the Browns offer their second rounder this year- we've got your offer beat. #4 + second rounder this year & next, is better than the Redskins #6 + 3rd rounder & next years first.

I'm assuming you meant your 6th pick in the second round. :)

However, if the Browns offer their second rounder this year- we've got your offer beat. #4 + second rounder this year & next, is better than the Redskins #6 + 3rd rounder & next years first.

Haha, good catch. That is what I meant :)

However, I have a strong feeling that the second rounder is the only pick that Shanny for sure wants to keep. Meaning he could trade 1st/3rd/4th/and beyond this year along with 1st/3rd/4th next year. Just use that second rounder to trade back and recoup those picks traded away. This is the one time when I want Snyder to be super aggressive when trading.

So they'd be willing to trade up from #22 for Tannehill but wouldn't trade up from #4 to get RGIII????

You talk about having guts... lol

I never said anything about the #4 pick, was just talkin about the 22 and Tannehill. The more I think about it , if the browns do any trades with the 4 and 22 they'll move back for more picks.

Just finished watching some tape on Tannehill... he's Good. I'm starting to think we may trade down from #4 to get some picks and get our QB. Tannehill is incredibly athletic, physiclaly built like a QB, and can make ALMOST all the throws. He struggles throwing the deep ball, but he's only played QB for one full season, so this can be fixed.

This guys is looking more and more like a top 15 pick, and I wouldn't mind havin him in Cleveland

Earlier, I had told Cal that we might trade #4 down & pick up Richardson & Tannehill....To be honest, I wouldn't be upset were that to happen. With our numerous needs & the strength of this draft, additional picks would be nice & if Tannehill is gone, there are worse choices than Weeden.

We'll see, but I am loving this time of year THIS year! Just PLEASE, no Flynn!

Mike

Earlier, I had told Cal that we might trade #4 down & pick up Richardson & Tannehill....To be honest, I wouldn't be upset were that to happen. With our numerous needs & the strength of this draft, additional picks would be nice & if Tannehill is gone, there are worse choices than Weeden.

We'll see, but I am loving this time of year THIS year! Just PLEASE, no Flynn!

Mike

Sounds like you'll get your wish- regarding Flynn at least. Heckert said no big buck FAs. That rules out Flynn and Mario Williams.

Just finished watching some tape on Tannehill... he's Good. I'm starting to think we may trade down from #4 to get some picks and get our QB. Tannehill is incredibly athletic, physiclaly built like a QB, and can make ALMOST all the throws. He struggles throwing the deep ball, but he's only played QB for one full season, so this can be fixed.

This guys is looking more and more like a top 15 pick, and I wouldn't mind havin him in Cleveland

It sounds like Heckert may agree with you. As someone mentioned, it is just as likely that the Browns trade down and pick up extra draft choices to fill in more of their holes as it is that they would trade up to get RG.

Sounds like you'll get your wish- regarding Flynn at least. Heckert said no big buck FAs. That rules out Flynn and Mario Williams.

actually, some disagree. doerschuk for one....shudel happens to agree with ya tho.

flynn doesn't necessarily qualify as a big buck FA....he's not making 10 mil a year, but 5 mil a year? thats not really big bucks. he's certainly not in the ball park of williams and manning....

Archived