THE BROWNS BOARD

Si.com: Matt Flynn Released

Kerrigan91

http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/06/packers-backup-qb-matt-flynn-let-go/?sct=nfl_t2_a8

The Green Bay Packers have let backup quarterback Matt Flynn become an unrestricted free agent, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Flynn has been targeted by several teams — including Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall — and now he has the ability to choose his destination.

Free agency begins March 13.

Flynn has played sparingly as Aaron Rodgers’ backup, but he had an impressive outing New Years Day against the Detroit Lions, when he threw for 480 yards and six touchdowns.

Now that Flynn won't cost any draft picks, do you think the Browns will give him a look-see and try to outbid Miami?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/06/packers-backup-qb-matt-flynn-let-go/?sct=nfl_t2_a8

Now that Flynn won't cost any draft picks, do you think the Browns will give him a look-see and try to outbid Miami?

They'll definately kick the tires.

I would want to have confirmation on that...and sure, as mentioned, the Browns will kick the tires. But I do see the Dolphins as perhaps the prime spot for him to land.

After all, it was the Dolphins who gave the world Scott Mitchell, it is only fair that they finally receive unto them their own current version of that particular Messiah.

Does anyone know why? That will surely raise some eyebrows ....

Rodgers will be making $8M this year (that's without any bonuses). Packers don't want to franchise Flynn, only to have no one put in an offer and be on the hook for $14.4M for a backup who won't see the field, especially when they're only $2.3M under the cap.

What's up Browns Faithful?

The guys at sportsmasher.com just released a post predicting all of the quarterback movement this off season. They have us trading up for RGIII and discuss it at length in two articles and in their mock draft, which is also loaded with free agency rumors. Really good reads if you have some time to kill and feel like reading up on RGIII. I'm convinced we need to go and get him.

Here is a link to the new article. In the RGIII section there is a link to their new mock draft (version 2.0) and an article where they discuss why the Browns need to trade up and land RGIII. ENJOY!!!

Quarterback Moves 2012 Off Season

Robert-Griffin-III-wins-Heisman-Trophy-VIMPJOA-x-large.jpg

Rodgers will be making $8M this year (that's without any bonuses). Packers don't want to franchise Flynn, only to have no one put in an offer and be on the hook for $14.4M for a backup who won't see the field, especially when they're only $2.3M under the cap.

I believe they also franchised Finley.

Flynn is Kelly Holcomb 2.0 until he proves otherwise. I'm sure the Browns as some have already mentioned will kick the tires but he's not worth a big contract and CERTAINLY not worth a franchise tag. He was released for a reason.

THAN GIVE UP THE NEXT TWO PICKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THAN,, NOT THEN.

Typos are acceptable, but when you are oblivious to using the proper word it sticks out like a Sore thumb.

You would rather Bring in Flynn............. THAN............. not then.

Excessive commas and random capitalization for the win!

If you're going to be a grammar nazi, make sure your grammar is correct.

Just to clarify, Matt Flynn was not released. The Packers just let his contract expire making him an unrestricted free agent. No team would release a good backup QB. The Packers just can't afford to pay him the money he is going to want, which is why he will sign with another team.

So you say he's not on the Packers, got it.

Phase one of degrading the rams pick

Phase two will be Peyton leaving

Once these two QBs are making those wheels turn the value of RG3 drops dramatically at 2 esp if washington picks up either of those two QBs

The conventional wisdom is that Matt Flynn will go to the Dolphins, thus taking them out of any running for RGIII. That plus the acrimony over the Rams getting Fisher.

Then, in my view, it is 50/50 as to whether or not Payton Manning stays with the Colts. Assuming he doesn't is there any reason to believe that the Redskins, given Dan Snyder's propensity for going after big names, would not be a player for Payton Manning's services? I doubt that they would take on Payton and then also want to make a major trade for RGIII.

If that happens, then that would leave the Browns as the major suitor for RGIII...and would vastly lower the trade demands the Rams may want....or certainly what the Browns may be willing to pay.

Then who would be the Browns competition? Seattle? Buffalo? Kansas City? Denver? Arizona?

Could any of them go crazy and offer any package to the Rams that would trump the Browns?

would you pay manning 28 million without knowing if he can play again?

its not 50/50....its about 99% that he's gone.

Except all the talk is about that 28 million dollar deal being renegotiated...so that may be a non factor. I understand that both sides would like to continue their relationship....just at what cost....and to what affect for the future if Luck is there.

What will truly be interesting is if:

The Redskins get Manning and the Dolphins get Flynn (or visa versa) and that leaves the Rams only the Cardinals, 49ers or Seahawks to trade with for RGIII. I doubt either of those 3 teams will be willing to pay a premium to trade within the division. Therefore, the Rams pick Kalil, and we have RGIII sitting there.

My guess is, if RGIII is waiting for us, we will trade with Seattle or Arizona for the rights to take him at #4. Trading back, and we will get Tannehill.

My guess is, if RGIII is waiting for us, we will trade with Seattle or Arizona for the rights to take him at #4. Trading back, and we will get Tannehill.

That would be Retarded.

Griffin and Tannehill aren't even on the same page of most scouts. Grif is perfect for our WCO, why drop down for someone with more questions?

Zombo

Except all the talk is about that 28 million dollar deal being renegotiated...so that may be a non factor. I understand that both sides would like to continue their relationship....just at what cost....and to what affect for the future if Luck is there.

It will be interesting to see what an NFL team thinks Manning is worth on the open market- it's going to be way less than $28 million I'd bet.

That would be Retarded.

Griffin and Tannehill aren't even on the same page of most scouts. Grif is perfect for our WCO, why drop down for someone with more questions?

Zombo

While I agree that Tannehill has too many question marks and is not in the same league as RGIII right now, he has actually played in a type of WCO with Sherman at Texas A&M, and scouting reports tend to mention him along with the WCO. RGIII by any standards is not considered a WCO QB at this point, his strength in passing is the deep balls while Tannehill is considered to be better at short to intermediate accuracy...

That being said, I think its risky to even use the #22 pick for Tannehill..

Archived