THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillis To Kansas City

professor_g

If we got Ben Tate, not offering Hillis anything will make sense. If we draft Richardson it will make sense. Hell if we draft a RB in the first 2 rounds it will make sense. Till then it does not make sense that the Browns did not at least match the Redskins offer of 3 million. Makes zero sense.

It will make 0 sense only if we go into 2012 without any decent RB. Last year the stunt that Hillis and his agent pulled might have really pissed the coach and the FO. I'm not going to burn them for this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baloney. Hell with Hillis. He got the gigantic big head, and wanted to cash in. The Browns TRIED.

But Hillis and his agent(S) blew it hugely. Good for the Browns - Hillis burnt his bridges, now he had to go somewhere.

GOOD RIDDANCE ! Now, we need a rb that is a TEAM PLAYER.. @@

"Tony Zarella, from WOIO in Cleveland, is reporting the Browns are preparing to offer Hillis a three year incentive-laden contract. Zarella reported last November the Browns offered Hillis a three year 16.5 Million dollar contract that they just took off the table. Peyton is a tremendous talent for the Browns despite all the drama surrounding the back from Arkansas."

Oh my God we didn't sign back an injury prone, pre-Madonna who allianated himself with the whole organization!!! Whatever will we do? God forbid that we think that our front office has a plan that would include replacing him! Everyone knows that if you don't replace an average running back within 5 hours of letting him go that you have no back up plan!!!

Baloney. Hell with Hillis. He got the gigantic big head, and wanted to cash in. The Browns TRIED.

But Hillis and his agent(S) blew it hugely. Good for the Browns - Hillis burnt his bridges, now he had to go somewhere.

GOOD RIDDANCE ! Now, we need a rb that is a TEAM PLAYER.. @@

"Tony Zarella, from WOIO in Cleveland, is reporting the Browns are preparing to offer Hillis a three year incentive-laden contract. Zarella reported last November the Browns offered Hillis a three year 16.5 Million dollar contract that they just took off the table. Peyton is a tremendous talent for the Browns despite all the drama surrounding the back from Arkansas."

This. We offered him more money and he scoffed at it. Dumbass.

Hillis won't get 50 yards when the Browns play the Chiefs this year - the Chiefs OL can't block the Browns DL.

You are right about one thing it won't be 50 yards it's gonna be 150 or more.

Maybe you thought we had a stout run defense last year, jokes on you son.

I liked Hillis, I enjoyed watching him play, but he shoulda signed a damn deal before the season last year. Take what you offered and play for that third contract ... you never know what is going to happen once the season started. Shit happened, and he was fucked. Had he signed before the season he coulda been the king of Cleveland and taken care of his family for life.

Oh well, It's not like it's Jim Brown walking out that door.

Would I rather trade a second for Ben Tate than re-sign Hillis? Yes. Will it happen? Hellifiknow ... but I don't feel any worse about the Browns after this move.

Z

Yep, Trent Richardson's predecessor at Alabama....who happened to win the Heisman...and was drafted 28th overall gave the Saints this amazing production last year: 122 rushes; 474 yards; 3.9 ypc......just sayin'.....but, not to worry we have another early round SEC RB on the roster....

Heckert can always rely on his SEC boi, Montario Hardesty, who he traded a third round pick and two fifths to move up and select in the second.....Montario has given the Browns a stunning stat sheet: 88 rushes; 266 yards; 3.0 ypc; 19 long; 0 TDs....thank goodness the Browns got rid of the malcontent white boi Hillis...that "locker room cancer" over a three million dollar one year contract...makes perfect sense.....bring Richardson home Heckert!

Yes, because they are the exact same people. Jesus Christ.

I liked Hillis, I enjoyed watching him play, but he shoulda signed a damn deal before the season last year. Take what you offered and play for that third contract ... you never know what is going to happen once the season started. Shit happened, and he was fucked. Had he signed before the season he coulda been the king of Cleveland and taken care of his family for life.

Oh well, It's not like it's Jim Brown walking out that door.

Would I rather trade a second for Ben Tate than re-sign Hillis? Yes. Will it happen? Hellifiknow ... but I don't feel any worse about the Browns after this move.

Z

You know what will make me feel worse Z? We're in year three of a rebuild. This is H & H's make or break year. They had damn well better be right with the moves- non moves they're making. IMHO the fans in general, and this fan in particular isn't going to put up with another 4-12 suckful season. Hillis rushes for 1,200 yards and RGIII wins offensive rookie of the year- I'll personally lead the charge to ride 'em out of town on a rail.

Word ive been hearing is that Houston wants are 22nd pick for Tate,or to swap 1sts 22 for 26 and us throw in a 3rd or 4th round pick...

Richardson is a great back I dono who gave that lil report on him but his biggest weakness is his breakaway speed he has great hands outta the backfield..Hes just not gonna run away from anyone at the next level hes gonna get his yards but he wont be a big homerun threat..

As far as Hillis is concerned wish we could have kept him simply because were not in position to lose talent at any spot when we have so many needs, we will have to address the position in the draft or u cant count on a 4-12 season again..

Yeah....I remember all those bar fights he was in...then dissing Colt McCoy to the media....followed by him beating up his girlfriend....and then there was the DUI an marijuana found in his car....and I'll never forgive him slapping a coach....and then there was the time he threw his shoulder-pads into the fans.....and missing the Pittsburgh game so he could join the CIA in Afghanistan was unforgivable....geez a real "locker room cancer"

i mean....didn't we all do this growing up as kids in ohio?

Yes, because they are Jesus Christ.

who dat? tim tebow?

what a right wing religious fanatic sellout.

"hey, i got the tebow tea bag shirts here $50 everybody!...only $50!"

"how about the 'abort tim tebow shirts on sale for $10 (they didn't go over so well)........such is life.

so hillis will be the next vickers for vickers?

dude shoulda always been considered a FB. he ain't got no 'shine'. F HIM.

hey, i woulda loved to have kept hillis, but i'm sure it was more a money and agent thing than the FO just saying you suck. the dude does have talent and prob will light it up next year.

i like the way heckert thinks when it comes to drafting but signing FAs and letting them go prob lies more in the (fat) lap of holmgren and his gandolf the grey fantasy team.

for that money i woulda signed him fast and furious. then draft the scatback from oregon in the 3rd......what? with a new RT and a deep threat WR? pleeeez lord, help the MFing defense that tries to jam us at the line anymore.

hey, i woulda loved to have kept hillis, but i'm sure it was more a money and agent thing than the FO just saying you suck. the dude does have talent and prob will light it up next year.

i like the way heckert thinks when it comes to drafting but signing FAs and letting them go prob lies more in the (fat) lap of holmgren and his gandolf the grey fantasy team.

for that money i woulda signed him fast and furious. then draft the scatback from oregon in the 3rd......what? with a new RT and a deep threat WR? pleeeez lord, help the MFing defense that tries to jam us at the line anymore.

James wont be there in the third, and don't bet that we'll be drafting Blackmon with our 4th pick.

6-10 would be a good season with current players and 2012 schedule.

In the draft I would like us to trade back and get some more picks as it is obvious we are not going to make a splash in free agency.

Amazed how H&H do not see the need to acquire players for the skill positions.....

you people need to stop getting emotionally attached to players.

sound like a bunch of women....

Exactly!!! Stop being jock sniffers and falling in love with football players wearing jerseys with names on them like high school girls.

Agent Hillis had a good year in 2010. Now its 2012 He's not reliable. He fumbles. So he's gone.

At this point though it seems anything they would do would end up being disappointing.

only for those of you that haven't got a clue.... unless you recognize their name from BSPN, they're apparently not worth looking at or playing.

Archived