THE BROWNS BOARD

What Quarterback Should We Acquire?

SirLuck

Let's hear it. Who could pull this team together? Try not to nominate unavailable QB's. We aren't getting Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning.

I just don't think Colt gets the job done and H & H endorsing him is just smoke. They wouldn't have made moves to get RG3 if they really believed in Colt.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Smith goes to Miami, I think it is all over son, this is an issue for next year.

If the QB derby was musical chairs, then SF got left standing at the end and the Browns quit and went home when they got leapfrogged.

It's Colt and Wallace and some big dorky draft project.

Boy, I hope our defense is spectacular.

Zombo

If Smith goes to Miami, I think it is all over son, this is an issue for next year.

If the QB derby was musical chairs, then SF got left standing at the end and the Browns quit and went home when they got leapfrogged.

It's Colt and Wallace and some big dorky draft project.

Boy, I hope our defense is spectacular.

Zombo

I will live with that for now. I have always said that we need to use the Steelers/Ravens approach. Build up that strong defense and running game and get good solid WRs before we worry about the QB to finish this team off.

Sorry, but I think the QB is the cherry on top of your Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae.

Before you put that cherry on top, you need the wonderful cream ice cream, that is your offensive line, then of course you need a premium brownie...your defensive front 7, then you need good Hershey's hot fudge...your other offensive skill players, then the whipped cream....defensive backfield. Finally, the cherry. Of course, don't forget the nuts who are your special teams players.

20090528-browniesundae.jpg

I will live with that for now. I have always said that we need to use the Steelers/Ravens approach. Build up that strong defense and running game and get good solid WRs before we worry about the QB to finish this team off.

Sorry, but I think the QB is the cherry on top of your Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae.

Before you put that cherry on top, you need the wonderful cream ice cream, that is your offensive line, then of course you need a premium brownie...your defensive front 7, then you need good Hershey's hot fudge...your other offensive skill players, then the whipped cream....defensive backfield. Finally, the cherry. Of course, don't forget the nuts who are your special teams players.

That's what the jets do too.

To abuse a metaphor here... The quarterback is not the cherry. The quarterback is the spoon. It all looks delicious, and probably is. But without the spoon, it's just a big pile of stuff that'll only give you a headache if you try to make it do what it's intended to (i.e. be eaten).

-jj

To abuse a metaphor here... The quarterback is not the cherry. The quarterback is the spoon. It all looks delicious, and probably is. But without the spoon, it's just a big pile of stuff that'll only give you a headache if you try to make it do what it's intended to (i.e. be eaten).

-jj

No, I think the front office and the coach are the spoon. They are the ones feeding us whatever concoction they come up with.

If it was up to me I would stay put with Colt and pick up Austin Davis late in the draft I have a feeling this kid may be a hidden gem, and possibly a starter in a season or two.

I am almost certain that H&H will do something exactly like that. If not Davis, then someone else.

I'm actually not opposed to offering a third for Tebow.

At the very least, he'll bring in other free agents. For some reason, people love Tebow.

Then they can go an offer to have sex with him. He is not going to come and play in Shurmur's NWCO.

I like Weeden as a pick if we can get him in the early third round. I also like Cousins from Michigan St. in the 4th or 5th round. In thing he would fit in well in our system. If we can get him cheap I would try it. I would have loved to bring in two new QB's and to have dumped Wallace.

I am in the minority here but I liked some of the other FA qb's that we didn't even make an effort for more than Wallace.

I like Weeden as a pick if we can get him in the early third round. I also like Cousins from Michigan St. in the 4th or 5th round. In thing he would fit in well in our system. If we can get him cheap I would try it. I would have loved to bring in two new QB's and to have dumped Wallace.

I am in the minority here but I liked some of the other FA qb's that we didn't even make an effort for more than Wallace.

I would spend a 2nd round pick on Weeden. I honestly believe he would have an immediate impact. Follow that up with Cousins a couple rounds later (IF he's there) & I'd be happy.

My 1st pick is still Richardson. Go ahead, beat me up, but I won't change my mind. I'm old & I'm entitled.

Mike

The hay is in the barn, now it's time to eat...Honestly I don't see a better option available to us right now. Get some guys to make it watchable this year and draft a QB next year. Barkley, Jones, Aaron Murray, all first rd. talents. Probably be more that jump up there to, 2013 should be a good year to get one.

I would spend a 2nd round pick on Weeden. I honestly believe he would have an immediate impact. Follow that up with Cousins a couple rounds later (IF he's there) & I'd be happy.

My 1st pick is still Richardson. Go ahead, beat me up, but I won't change my mind. I'm old & I'm entitled.

Mike

It's funny cause Cousins is expected to go in the 2nd round.

Don't know if I agree, but I'm hungry now

It's funny cause Cousins is expected to go in the 2nd round.

I DID write "IF he's still there" & the mocks I saw had him in the 3rd round...only 1 had him in the 2nd & 1 had him later than the 4th. Where he's "expected" to go isn't exactly a guarantee. After all, how many experts "expected" Flynn to go to Seattle & Manning to Denver?

Mike

Archived