THE BROWNS BOARD

Alshon Jeffery

ClevelandBigDawg

That's why I didn't say he was as big or as fast as Johnson. I said he has the same range as Johnson.

The guy has been coming back for underthrown balls or leaping up to catch overthrown corner passes his entire career. He's never had a good QB throwing him the ball, yet he's still been in consideration as top ten talent until his weight issue. When the ball is in the air, he's the best WR in this class.

Probably the best blocking WR as well.

Not sure how height, speed and vertical arent direct measures of "range". But I agree, he could be like a Plaxico in the end zone, very valuable. And we all know how draft status fluctuates, sometimes it is warranted, sometimes not.

I meant his reaction to an underthrown or badly thrown pass. His reaction time, wingspan and vertical are more astute than speed and height.

His wingspan is only 1 inch smaller than Johnson's but his vertical does come up wanting at, I believe, 38 inches. It's all about the reaction. Plaxico would be a more astute comparison but I wanted to avoid the negative connotations.

As seen so many times before, physical attributes alone will not translate into NFL success.

Jeffrey has the potential to be a good, even great NFL WR.

I think a lot of people are just afraid (not sure about actual Team GM's, just analyst's opinions) that he doesn't have the heart to do all that is necessary.

If the Browns picked him I wouldn't hate it, but I'd be surprised.

I think a lot of that is media spin and speculation.

Coming off both his freshman and sophomore seasons, all report out of Columbia were that Jeffery was a practice fiend, staying after to work on routes and timing with Garcia.

Archived