THE BROWNS BOARD

Now They Are Attacking Christian Universities

LIVE UPDATES: Shooting at California Medical School Oikos University

040212_gunman3-500x281.jpg

By NewsCore

OAKLAND — At least five people were reportedly shot Monday at a Christian medical school in northern California.

Police were responding to reports of five victims at Oikos University, the Oakland Tribune reported.

Three apparently lifeless bodies were carried out of the facility, according to KNTV, but it was not immediately known if any of the victims were dead.

A public notice from the Oakland Police Department said the suspect may be an Asian male, possibly armed, wearing tan or khaki clothing.

Updates:

3:05p ET: Claudia Cowan reported that the shooter is on the loose and he may still be inside the school where the shooting took place about an hour ago. She said the suspect is described as a Korean man in his 40s with a heavy build.

3:10p ET: Police just held a news conference revealing that a gunman came into the college this morning and fired shots. There are fatalities, although the number could not be confirmed. The area has been cordoned off for public safety. Students are still being evacuated. Police could not confirm if anyone had been arrested yet.

3:12p ET: According to police, it’s unknown if the gunman is still inside or if he fled before police arrived.

3:22p ET: Shepard Smith reports that according to a tweet by the Oakland Police Department, the suspect is in custody. The tweet reads: Possible Suspect in custody. No imminent public safety threat appears to exist in immediate area.

3:25p ET: Local station KTVU is broadcasting that they’ve heard reports that two people were shot in the head.

3:27p ET: Shepard Smith reports that we’re getting word that bodies may have been found in the median of the street which suggests that there may have been more than one shooting location.

3:28p ET: Trace Gallagher reports that it’s possible that the bodies in the median may have brought outside after being shot inside the school, but this has not been confirmed. Local Fox affiliate KTVU says that 5 people may have been killed, all believed to be students at the school and all in an acupuncture class.

3:29p ET: The suspected shooter was arrested in a clothing store parking lot three miles from the university. It’s unclear if he ran there or drove there.

3:41p ET: At least five people were killed, officials confirmed. Shepard Smith also reported that the ATF is on the scene in order to help find the weapon used in the shooting.

New photos from the scene:

040212_gunman2-500x281.jpg

040212_gunman3-500x281.jpg

Keep checking back for updates and tune in to Fox News Channel for the latest.

Students should be allowed to conceal carry on campus. Then this crap will stop.

Argh. I actually agree with you, on this specific situation. College campuses, however, are notorious for being gigantic parties. If students started carrying weapons, school shootings would be as common as nightclub shootings.

What's the answer to gun violence? Guns! More guns! I mean, that totally stopped the gun violence in the old west, didn't it?

Exactly, lol.

It would be really funny though if I was walking around the engineering campus here and everyone was packing.

No it won't. It'll just get worse.

That is if we let you and Woody carry a gun.

But the local sheriff wont allow that. You may shoot yourself in the foot.

You have to have a strong deterrent to the problem. If you draw a weapon and start shooting you will die. Sometimes in order to protect others you may have to do the unthinkable.

This is the same old story with you twinks wanting to ban guns.

What is your solution? Place them in timeout? :lol:

That is if we let you and Woody carry a gun.

But the local sheriff wont allow that. You may shoot yourself in the foot.

You have to have a strong deterrent to the problem. If you draw a weapon and start shooting you will die. Sometimes in order to protect others you may have to do the unthinkable.

This is the same old story with you twinks wanting to ban guns.

What is your solution? Place them in timeout? :lol:

You are a moron. I was in the service, and am likely far more qualified than a Man-baby like you to carry a gun.

Cysko, you should stick a cork in it.

If you are looking for trouble, just go to an Oakland bar and moon a bunch of drunk "fans" of theirs.

Meanwhile, you make no sense, and your idea of "controlling guns" is ignorant.

Want to "control" all knives? Cars? Ropes? Bricks?

Cysko, you should stick a cork in it.

If you are looking for trouble, just go to an Oakland bar and moon a bunch of drunk "fans" of theirs.

Meanwhile, you make no sense, and your idea of "controlling guns" is ignorant.

Want to "control" all knives? Cars? Ropes? Bricks?

You can put quotes around something and act like a dick to discredit any idea.

Like this: Cal was "saved by a donkey"

see?

Edit: Actually I apologize, that was mean.

No it won't. It'll just get worse.

I disagree. I don't think it would curb this type of thing as this happens when people sort of just snap. I think it would, however, lower the death toll of these events since the victims can actually defend themselves. The violence that would arise from everyone having guns would be way too much to warrant this, though. Any drunken fratboy douchebag with a gun would be using it at the drop of a hat. I think the real solution would be to give teachers weapons training. Apparently, that's the type of place we live in, now.

Read Ayn Rand's "Anthem".

then look at where "we" are going.

Obamao and the leftwing weenies want us all to be the Borg.

never goin to happen.

I disagree. I don't think it would curb this type of thing as this happens when people sort of just snap. I think it would, however, lower the death toll of these events since the victims can actually defend themselves. The violence that would arise from everyone having guns would be way too much to warrant this, though. Any drunken fratboy douchebag with a gun would be using it at the drop of a hat. I think the real solution would be to give teachers weapons training. Apparently, that's the type of place we live in, now.

I think you're giving the average person too much credit. I don't think 95% of people could defend themselves in a high pressure situation like that gun or not

If every student was allowed to carry a gun I would stay the fuck away from our South Campus where most the frat houses are.

Just like you would stay away from South Central. People will get guns no matter what, just like drugs. I "lean to the left" in many of my stances, but I am 100% behind gun ownership and by having the right permit having a conceal and carry would save lives.

I think you're giving the average person too much credit. I don't think 95% of people could defend themselves in a high pressure situation like that gun or not

That is not the decision for you to make. If more people shot and practiced with firearms they would be able to handle themselves in a high pressure situation.

How Christian can a medical school be? I mean, is Praying a graduate level class?

But in all seriousness I really want to know how a Christian Medical School operates differently than a regular medical school.

Oikos has a school of nursing, which appears to be credited and legit. They also have an "Asian Medicine" program which appears to focus on acupuncture (the victims were apparently in an acupuncture class). The science behind acupuncture is up for debate. It is tentatively endorsed by the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization, but their endorsements have received a large amount of criticism as there is little scientific backing behind acupuncture.

For Die Hard and all of those paranoids thinking this was an attack on Christians,

"One Goh, the 43-year-old suspected male shooter and former nursing student at the school, was upset with a female administrator for dismissing him, which led to the shooting spree, Oakland Police chief Howard Jordan said."

Archived