THE BROWNS BOARD

Now They Are Attacking Christian Universities

For Die Hard and all of those paranoids thinking this was an attack on Christians,

"One Goh, the 43-year-old suspected male shooter and former nursing student at the school, was upset with a female administrator for dismissing him, which led to the shooting spree, Oakland Police chief Howard Jordan said."

Says the Atheist/Left wing press.

Students should be allowed to conceal carry on campus. Then this crap will stop.

I partially disagree with you. Guns are best kept in the hands of mature people, not young testosterone laden kids. If the students are mature then I see no problem, but if they are kids then I'm all against it.

I used to be an armed guard at a campus in Stubenville OH, back in the late 90's. Never in a million years did I think I would need a weapon and honestly never did. I used my cuffs and mace on a few incidents but mainly just kids having a few to many beers. Looking back now after seeing things like this on the news, I am thankful that I had it so easy. Maybe adding a few more bodies with a weapon would be a good idea but putting guns in the hands of students, not so much

The background checks you have go through in order to get a CC permit is pretty thorough. They don't hand these things out to just anyone. And if you do have one you're going to be held to a higher standard of responsibility.

You must be a boy scout. concealed carry background check criteria

For instance, if you were in the military nothing less than a honorable discharge is exceptable.

Allowing those who work for a college or university to carry on campus would save lives. Have you ever had to deal with someone who has been hopped up on drugs and alcohol, If so you will realize they have left reality.

The background checks you have go through in order to get a CC permit is pretty thorough. They don't hand these things out to just anyone. And if you do have one you're going to be held to a higher standard of responsibility.

For instance, if you were in the military nothing less than a honorable discharge is exceptable.

Allowing those who work for a college or university to carry on campus would save lives. Have you ever had to deal with someone who has been hopped up on drugs and alcohol, If so you will realize they have left reality.

I wish I had a gun when that dude attacked me in Euclid. Good thing I had my trusty 22oz bat to fuck him up.

I worked for a private company. Although I worked at various places I was at the Collage the most. And to be honest where we had the most trouble was not the Collage or low income apartments, It was the Hospital. When a "brother" got shot every single "home boy and soul sister" came to the Hospital trying to break down the door where they are tryn to save the kid yelling stuff like "Nah man nah u best be savn my boy yo" and whatever else. And yes some of them were on something. A few times full er waiting room brawls broke out. But as for the collage, it never even crossed my mind that something like what is going on today could ever happen.

It wouldn't take long to weed out the idiots who shouldn't have guns.

Let em have guns?? Sure. In time things would balance out.

A deterent? Absolutely. But...

People who are unstable enough to try and shoot masses of people would always think they are one step ahead of their victims.

Guns on campus is becoming a sad reality. I don't think students would want the responsibility of a weapon while attempting to learn, but i'd bet they would like to know they are being protected by someone when there as vulnerble as a student reading a book.

I dont know how that works and your words sound good. However, I do know that there are a lot of guns that can be obtained illegally which is the reason why we have so many crimes with guns being committed in the first place. How will the school authorities differentiate between them and the ones who carry guns legally? Aren't there more scenarios that need to be thought out? Or is the plan for the students that carry guns to kill anyone that threaten them - like in this case?

Guns need to be out of students' hands, period. When I was an undergrad, there was an armed robbery in the apartment directly above mine. Made me want to buy a gun for protection, but figured it wasn't worth the risk. If you get caught with a gun on campus, you're screwed. If you shoot someone, you're screwed. I liked drinking lots on weekends. There would be lots of people drinking in our apartment. There is no good place for a gun in student housing.

Archived