THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Williams Bounty Audio Leaked

GreenMachine

This isn't really anything new... in fact it's probably exactly the speech Tomlin gives the Steelers before every Browns game... certainly looks that way from where I'm sitting... Didn't a Browns player use that analogy before kill the head and the body dies before a Steelers game or something like that... that's football, it's motivation and intimidation...

Williams should never coach again. He is a disgrace to sports. He should also go to jail for planning to hurt ppl. These pro athletes are almost considered weapons.

specifically naming players and saying they should get their ACL's torn is too far, but you guys are naive as hell if you dont think this happens in every NFL locker room. Teams know injuries of players and go after them, exploit them if you will to try and use it as a weakness. That practice has been going on for as long as the NFL has

That shit goes on in High School locker rooms. I remember being told to gun for people. Being told to pay attention to what players had rapped up and had braced. That's why I wore ankle braces and not knee braces. When I got on the ground or in a pile people would twist and stomp at my ankles, but I had really solid ankles. My knee's on the other hand were shot.

I remember once in Pee Wee a kid on another team got held back a year and was allowed to play another year in our league and the game before he played us he bruised his ribs and it leaked out to our coaches. The whole week our DL/OL group practices hitting a tackling dummy with a duct tap X over where the players left ribs would be.

It happens every day in sports or in corporate America. Been in sales for 12 years. Always hear them tell us to rip at the testicles if you pull a mans testicles out he aint a man no more and he will whine and bitch and you will have the sale cause a woman will buy anything and everything...if shit on a stick went on sale for 50% off you would have a pile of vaginas fighting for it. Cut their eyes out don't let them know what the product is really made out of, make their ears blead so they can't take it anymore...do not ever let them sit down and think if you need break their legs and shove the goods down their throat. Sell Sell Sell like you yourself will die tomorrow...it's fed my family for years.

It happens every day in sports or in corporate America. Been in sales for 12 years. Always hear them tell us to rip at the testicles if you pull a mans testicles out he aint a man no more and he will whine and bitch and you will have the sale cause a woman will buy anything and everything...if shit on a stick went on sale for 50% off you would have a pile of vaginas fighting for it. Cut their eyes out don't let them know what the product is really made out of, make their ears blead so they can't take it anymore...do not ever let them sit down and think if you need break their legs and shove the goods down their throat. Sell Sell Sell like you yourself will die tomorrow...it's fed my family for years.

I guess that explains the housing bubble.

Im not surprised at all this is going on and Im sure this is a league wide problem or occurance.

I'm sorry guys, but I've been around locker rooms at all levels for 20+ years, and that is not "common" or "normal". And brownfish, I want you to see a psychologist... Or the inside of a Dale Carnegie class. I've been hiring and training salespeople for almost as long, and you wouldn't last five minutes in my world.

In the interest of Gregg Williams, I reiterate, this is not normal. Quality coaches can build emotion through opportunity, excellence through execution. Williams approach is asinine. He's a sadist who believes that fear and intimidation breeds respect. It doesn't. You're not intimidating anyone at the NFL level.

All I hear when I hear a brainless Neanderthal like Williams speak is 'my guys, my scheme aren't good enough to beat your best eleven. So we have to get rid of some of them so we can play against the backups.'

Now, do you read the injury report to see if a guy is 100%? Absolutely. If I find a tackle with a sore knee, I'm going to make him move... See what he can do. But I don't need to hurt him. If I've got a guy coming off a concussion, I don't want to give him space to get comfortable. I want to force him to play fast, play in traffic, force contact. I'm not trying to hurt him. But guys coming off concussions tend to be tentative, and tentative guys make mistakes when forced to play fast and physical.

I mean, is Williams so afraid of Alex Smith, that he has to try to get him out of the game? Really? Is your team that bad? We're talking about Alex Smith here.

This guy is a gangrenous limb on football, and needs to be amputated, not treated. If Roger Goodell is the guy I think he is, Gregg Williams will never see the inside of an NFL locker room ever again.

-jj

I'm sorry guys, but I've been around locker rooms at all levels for 20+ years, and that is not "common" or "normal". And brownfish, I want you to see a psychologist... Or the inside of a Dale Carnegie class. I've been hiring and training salespeople for almost as long, and you wouldn't last five minutes in my world.

+100^^^^^^

In the interest of Gregg Williams, I reiterate, this is not normal. Quality coaches can build emotion through opportunity, excellence through execution. Williams approach is asinine. He's a sadist who believes that fear and intimidation breeds respect. It doesn't. You're not intimidating anyone at the NFL level.

All I hear when I hear a brainless Neanderthal like Williams speak is 'my guys, my scheme aren't good enough to beat your best eleven. So we have to get rid of some of them so we can play against the backups.'

Now, do you read the injury report to see if a guy is 100%? Absolutely. If I find a tackle with a sore knee, I'm going to make him move... See what he can do. But I don't need to hurt him. If I've got a guy coming off a concussion, I don't want to give him space to get comfortable. I want to force him to play fast, play in traffic, force contact. I'm not trying to hurt him. But guys coming off concussions tend to be tentative, and tentative guys make mistakes when forced to play fast and physical.

I mean, is Williams so afraid of Alex Smith, that he has to try to get him out of the game? Really? Is your team that bad? We're talking about Alex Smith here.

This guy is a gangrenous limb on football, and needs to be amputated, not treated. If Roger Goodell is the guy I think he is, Gregg Williams will never see the inside of an NFL locker room ever again.

-jj

-jj

I always find it funny that on these boards when someone disagree's with someone they are always seem to have the "experience" and the "job" that should prove people wrong. Not calling you a lair in particular but a lot of people on this board are full of shit. Now I have 9 years of looker room experience and I I have several classes with players at BG and lived across from a suite of 6 of them last year. Out of those 9 years of playing football (peewee through high school) there were only two years were we were not encouraged to aim for peoples injuries or weak spots. Those two years were during Jr. High and our coach then was more interested in telling us to just run some laps so he could run of to the woods to smoke a joint than he was in actually coaching us.

My junior year after my second concussion my coaches were talking about getting me this juggernaut helmet, which was like an extra shell on top of the helmet that we always say these two kids where when we played another team. But we decided against it because all everyone did against those kids were go for head shots, so I just got a modified interior to the helmet.

One year when we were walking into a visiting locker room underneath bleachers and guy from the other teams student section started spitting on us. We had to hold one of our coaches back to keep him from running up there. We figured out who the guy was since our towns were in the same county and a lot of people from our schools knew each other and we found out he joined the football team the next season. I goes without saying our coach told us to make that game hell for him. We were bad with it. Punching soft spots and twisting joints in the pile. At one point one of my friends was jogging behind him down the field and he just straight kidney punched him in front of our sideline and dropped him like a sack of potatoes.

The worst one was when we played Coldwater my Junior year. This is the team the produced the Homan brothers for Ohio State. They always beet the shit out of us and their players were pompous assholes. There was a kid playing DT in the gap between two of my best friends who played Center and RG while I played RT. The kid was garbage and was running his mouth (most of their DL was garbage but when you have Adam Homan at MLB it doesn't really matter). Everytime he would get pancaked he would get up and just start going "Score board!". Well in the huddle I hear my friend at C talking to my friend at RG. Next play we get stopped at the line against but I see this kid at DT waddle off the field crying and my two friends high fiving. The kid never came back out the play the rest of the game. In the locker room my friend at C (who was a captain btw) told me that him and RG double teamed him and knocked him flat on his back and the both grabbed on of his arms and started twists/bending them. My friend who played C put so much pressure on the guys right arm that he literally snapped it and we know he broke his arm because we ran into the guy 6 months later during the county fair and he was talking about the game and how someone broke his arm in a pile (he didn't recognize who did it)

As far with players at BG, I've talked to them about up and coming games and I have talked to some of the DL in particular and they have mentioned gunning for injuries. I know a guy who purposely went head hunting on WR's before they made the rule in college more strict.

So you might have had experience where you never have seen anyone coach to injure, but I sure as hell have and especially with my high school coaches I respect the hell out of them.

I always find it funny that on these boards when someone disagree's with someone they are always seem to have the "experience" and the "job" that should prove people wrong. Not calling you a lair in particular but a lot of people on this board are full of shit. Now I have 9 years of looker room experience and I I have several classes with players at BG and lived across from a suite of 6 of them last year. Out of those 9 years of playing football (peewee through high school) there were only two years were we were not encouraged to aim for peoples injuries or weak spots. Those two years were during Jr. High and our coach then was more interested in telling us to just run some laps so he could run of to the woods to smoke a joint than he was in actually coaching us.

My junior year after my second concussion my coaches were talking about getting me this juggernaut helmet, which was like an extra shell on top of the helmet that we always say these two kids where when we played another team. But we decided against it because all everyone did against those kids were go for head shots, so I just got a modified interior to the helmet.

One year when we were walking into a visiting locker room underneath bleachers and guy from the other teams student section started spitting on us. We had to hold one of our coaches back to keep him from running up there. We figured out who the guy was since our towns were in the same county and a lot of people from our schools knew each other and we found out he joined the football team the next season. I goes without saying our coach told us to make that game hell for him. We were bad with it. Punching soft spots and twisting joints in the pile. At one point one of my friends was jogging behind him down the field and he just straight kidney punched him in front of our sideline and dropped him like a sack of potatoes.

The worst one was when we played Coldwater my Junior year. This is the team the produced the Homan brothers for Ohio State. They always beet the shit out of us and their players were pompous assholes. There was a kid playing DT in the gap between two of my best friends who played Center and RG while I played RT. The kid was garbage and was running his mouth (most of their DL was garbage but when you have Adam Homan at MLB it doesn't really matter). Everytime he would get pancaked he would get up and just start going "Score board!". Well in the huddle I hear my friend at C talking to my friend at RG. Next play we get stopped at the line against but I see this kid at DT waddle off the field crying and my two friends high fiving. The kid never came back out the play the rest of the game. In the locker room my friend at C (who was a captain btw) told me that him and RG double teamed him and knocked him flat on his back and the both grabbed on of his arms and started twists/bending them. My friend who played C put so much pressure on the guys right arm that he literally snapped it and we know he broke his arm because we ran into the guy 6 months later during the county fair and he was talking about the game and how someone broke his arm in a pile (he didn't recognize who did it)

As far with players at BG, I've talked to them about up and coming games and I have talked to some of the DL in particular and they have mentioned gunning for injuries. I know a guy who purposely went head hunting on WR's before they made the rule in college more strict.

So you might have had experience where you never have seen anyone coach to injure, but I sure as hell have and especially with my high school coaches I respect the hell out of them.

When I say I have 20 years of experience, I mean as a coach. At the college, high school, and junior high school levels. And your recollection of your football career is vomit-inducing... just for the record.

"Out of those 9 years of playing football (peewee through high school) there were only two years were we were not encouraged to aim for peoples injuries or weak spots."

A peewee football coach that coaches a child to further injure an already injured child is a criminal, not a football coach. I don't know what kind of redneck hamlet you come from, but not one of those people should be around children.

"My junior year after my second concussion my coaches were talking about getting me this juggernaut helmet, which was like an extra shell on top of the helmet that we always say these two kids where when we played another team. But we decided against it because all everyone did against those kids were go for head shots, so I just got a modified interior to the helmet."

Unless your junior year of high school was 20+ years ago, your coaches are idiots. You can't protect a concussed players brain from banging against the interior of his own skull by modifying the helmet. He sits till he's cleared. We've been preaching that in the OHSAA for at least a decade.

"One year when we were walking into a visiting locker room underneath bleachers and guy from the other teams student section started spitting on us. We had to hold one of our coaches back to keep him from running up there. We figured out who the guy was since our towns were in the same county and a lot of people from our schools knew each other and we found out he joined the football team the next season. I goes without saying our coach told us to make that game hell for him. We were bad with it. Punching soft spots and twisting joints in the pile. At one point one of my friends was jogging behind him down the field and he just straight kidney punched him in front of our sideline and dropped him like a sack of potatoes."

Class move. I don't know about your coach, but my players don't use my field to settle their personal business. And I'm sorry, believe me or not, but the second I saw that kidney punch on film would be your friend's last second on my football team. I'm not about to compromise my reputation, my school's reputation, or the safety of the other 60 kids on the team because one braindead tool has some score to settle with another braindead tool. Coaching jobs don't last forever, and you might always need another one.

"Well in the huddle I hear my friend at C talking to my friend at RG. Next play we get stopped at the line against but I see this kid at DT waddle off the field crying and my two friends high fiving. The kid never came back out the play the rest of the game. In the locker room my friend at C (who was a captain btw) told me that him and RG double teamed him and knocked him flat on his back and the both grabbed on of his arms and started twists/bending them. My friend who played C put so much pressure on the guys right arm that he literally snapped it and we know he broke his arm because we ran into the guy 6 months later during the county fair and he was talking about the game and how someone broke his arm in a pile (he didn't recognize who did it)"

Your friends are mindless thugs who don't belong on a football field. I would hope I'm not the first one to say so. Either you're full of shit, or the Coldwater coaching staff - many of whom I'm familiar with - missed it on the film. And somehow, that kid told no one how he managed to end up with a broken arm. When shit like that happens, people get fired. Programs get disbanded. You don't think that kid knew what happened to him? What do you think we talk about at league meetings and OHSAA clinics? Do you think someone didn't walk up to your coach with a copy of the game film and say "What the fuck are you teaching these kids?" It happens all the time.

I get calls from the head of officials if we have too many personal fouls in a game. I'm pretty sure someone noticed the deliberate snapping of a forearm.

"As far with players at BG, I've talked to them about up and coming games and I have talked to some of the DL in particular and they have mentioned gunning for injuries. I know a guy who purposely went head hunting on WR's before they made the rule in college more strict."

That is the first thing you've said that doesn't surprise me at all. Of course that's true. Young players, especially those at lower level programs, resort to all sorts of tactics to stick. What most of them don't realize, is they're not making a name for themselves. They're just wallowing around putting a bunch of bush league crap on tape that no NFL scout will ever bother to watch.

Even so, I'm all for challenging a guy's ability to play at 100% coming off injury. I've said as much. But the attempt to re-injure? Well that's between you and your maker. Headhunting safeties are a dime a dozen. Usually, they can't play... so they resort to intimidation. At the mid-major level, these are usually guys too small to be linebackers and too slow to be corners, holding a spot until they can get a legit safety who understands and can play the position. Sometimes you go with what gifts you have - limited as they may be. But, in my world, you will play within the rules of the game. If you can't, you can't play for me. It's that simple.

"So you might have had experience where you never have seen anyone coach to injure, but I sure as hell have and especially with my high school coaches I respect the hell out of them."

I don't know who coached you, or what they said. But I have a pretty good idea of what you heard, and it was exactly what you wanted to hear. I'm really sorry that your football experience turned out the way it did. It obviously cost you a part of your basic human empathy. And it should never come to that. Your coaches did you no favors. And I hope that sinks in for you some day.

-jj

When I say I have 20 years of experience, I mean as a coach. At the college, high school, and junior high school levels. And your recollection of your football career is vomit-inducing... just for the record.

"Out of those 9 years of playing football (peewee through high school) there were only two years were we were not encouraged to aim for peoples injuries or weak spots."

A peewee football coach that coaches a child to further injure an already injured child is a criminal, not a football coach. I don't know what kind of redneck hamlet you come from, but not one of those people should be around children.

Just cause I'm not from some crime ridden cesspool where you need to teach your kids about being nice to one another isn't a reason to take a crack and where I grew up. Majority of Ohio is rural and I'm glad I didn't live in some corrupt big city. Don't judge my home based off of my football experience. From the sound of your football coaching career it sounds like you live in preachy white picket fense corn cob up the ass USA but you didn't see me just jump the that assumption.

"My junior year after my second concussion my coaches were talking about getting me this juggernaut helmet, which was like an extra shell on top of the helmet that we always se these two kids wear when we played another team. But we decided against it because all everyone did against those kids were go for head shots, so I just got a modified interior to the helmet."

Unless your junior year of high school was 20+ years ago, your coaches are idiots. You can't protect a concussed players brain from banging against the interior of his own skull by modifying the helmet. He sits till he's cleared. We've been preaching that in the OHSAA for at least a decade.

Hey dip shit they didn't try to fix something in my helmet and send me out there with a concussion. Since your such a fucking genius with OHSAA rules and health regs you would know after someones first concussion they are alot more likely to have another one. I sat out 3 days after a very minor concussion and then 2 weeks later during a game I had a level 2 where I sat out 1 full week and then didn't practice with contact or play the next 2 weeks. The interior change to the helmet was a specially designed pad that better holds and cups the back of the skull (as apposed to the bubble like pads that just went straight down the back of the helmet) to help keep the concussion from hits from vibrating through the skull as much ie reducing concussions.

"One year when we were walking into a visiting locker room underneath bleachers and guy from the other teams student section started spitting on us. We had to hold one of our coaches back to keep him from running up there. We figured out who the guy was since our towns were in the same county and a lot of people from our schools knew each other and we found out he joined the football team the next season. I goes without saying our coach told us to make that game hell for him. We were bad with it. Punching soft spots and twisting joints in the pile. At one point one of my friends was jogging behind him down the field and he just straight kidney punched him in front of our sideline and dropped him like a sack of potatoes."

Class move. I don't know about your coach, but my players don't use my field to settle their personal business. And I'm sorry, believe me or not, but the second I saw that kidney punch on film would be your friend's last second on my football team. I'm not about to compromise my reputation, my school's reputation, or the safety of the other 60 kids on the team because one braindead tool has some score to settle with another braindead tool. Coaching jobs don't last forever, and you might always need another one.

Are you serious. I have never seen a team get in trouble regardless of what they have done. Most things happen in piles during tackles and fumbles. And what is a camera going to catch if someone punches someone in the kidney. Camera is focused on the ball and your on the opposite end of the field. If your camera guy has that in view he needs to be let go along with the player.

"Well in the huddle I hear my friend at C talking to my friend at RG. Next play we get stopped at the line against but I see this kid at DT waddle off the field crying and my two friends high fiving. The kid never came back out the play the rest of the game. In the locker room my friend at C (who was a captain btw) told me that him and RG double teamed him and knocked him flat on his back and the both grabbed on of his arms and started twists/bending them. My friend who played C put so much pressure on the guys right arm that he literally snapped it and we know he broke his arm because we ran into the guy 6 months later during the county fair and he was talking about the game and how someone broke his arm in a pile (he didn't recognize who did it)"

Your friends are mindless thugs who don't belong on a football field. I would hope I'm not the first one to say so. Either you're full of shit, or the Coldwater coaching staff - many of whom I'm familiar with - missed it on the film. And somehow, that kid told no one how he managed to end up with a broken arm. When shit like that happens, people get fired. Programs get disbanded. You don't think that kid knew what happened to him? What do you think we talk about at league meetings and OHSAA clinics? Do you think someone didn't walk up to your coach with a copy of the game film and say "What the fuck are you teaching these kids?" It happens all the time.

I get calls from the head of officials if we have too many personal fouls in a game. I'm pretty sure someone noticed the deliberate snapping of a forearm.

Some of the most caring people I know. If you talked to either of them you would never guess what they did. And if you looked at the film you would never be able to tell what they did. They pancaked the kid in the middle of the line and our RB got swallowed up right behind them. There was a pile of people. And ya the guy knew what happened to him but what was Reed coach going to do. God bless Reed's soul but he was FAR from a innocent coach when it came to following the OHSAA's rules and guide lines. He knew that if he ever called in to report something he would have twice as many people investigating his own program and he was doing things that could have gotten his State trophies taken away.

Oh and the C who was our captain... he coaches football now!

"As far with players at BG, I've talked to them about up and coming games and I have talked to some of the DL in particular and they have mentioned gunning for injuries. I know a guy who purposely went head hunting on WR's before they made the rule in college more strict."

That is the first thing you've said that doesn't surprise me at all. Of course that's true. Young players, especially those at lower level programs, resort to all sorts of tactics to stick. What most of them don't realize, is they're not making a name for themselves. They're just wallowing around putting a bunch of bush league crap on tape that no NFL scout will ever bother to watch.

Shit happens at every college program in the nation. My freshmen year I sat next to FB players in my intro to film class and it was the week after they played Boise State. I'm talking about biting and breaking fingers in big piles, and that is just from the Boise players.

Even so, I'm all for challenging a guy's ability to play at 100% coming off injury. I've said as much. But the attempt to re-injure? Well that's between you and your maker. Headhunting safeties are a dime a dozen. Usually, they can't play... so they resort to intimidation. At the mid-major level, these are usually guys too small to be linebackers and too slow to be corners, holding a spot until they can get a legit safety who understands and can play the position. Sometimes you go with what gifts you have - limited as they may be. But, in my world, you will play within the rules of the game. If you can't, you can't play for me. It's that simple.

"So you might have had experience where you never have seen anyone coach to injure, but I sure as hell have and especially with my high school coaches I respect the hell out of them."

I don't know who coached you, or what they said. But I have a pretty good idea of what you heard, and it was exactly what you wanted to hear. I'm really sorry that your football experience turned out the way it did. It obviously cost you a part of your basic human empathy. And it should never come to that. Your coaches did you no favors. And I hope that sinks in for you some day.

My coaches taught me about being a man, taught me about god and life. They didn't sugar coat shit for us. They didn't spare the rod. I respect the shit out of them. I consider ever single one of them one of the best people I know. Just cause you don't agree with how they ran things don't give you the right to speak shit about people I love and the place I grew up in. You want to coddle you kids, telling them everythings going to be ok if someone plays dirty against them and then go off and tell daddy OHSAA and hope he does something. Fine. Maybe that works for your school. When my school didn't get a second glance when things happened to us we made sure that teams knew what would happen if they fucked with us. You punch and bite in the pile and then someone else is going to punch you in the throat and twist your angle. Tit for Tat. We got a lot of tit so we gave back a lot of tat. Way of the world were I grew up and I am glad for it.

-jj

Congratulations. You're well on your way to being a sociopath.

Food for thought... Football is a game. When played properly, it's a lot of fun. I'm not sure what you're describing, but it's not football. I'm sure you enjoy it though.

-jj

Congratulations. You're well on your way to being a sociopath.

Food for thought... Football is a game. When played properly, it's a lot of fun. I'm not sure what you're describing, but it's not football. I'm sure you enjoy it though.

-jj

Harry Buffalo must be one of the most boring people on earth to hang out with. Sweet hs football stories.

Regardless of what people think about me, it's obvious that Jason is more than likely just some pansy/pussy, this kind of shit is all over football. It's in peewee and Jr High all over the nation and it sure as shit is all over OHSAA (at least in the smaller schools) and I guarantee that just about every team in the NFL had something similar running before this. And as much as Jason has made it clear that he hates it the only thing Williams did wrong was give money to players for causing injuries. It was actually LEGAL for him to call out players injuries and instruct his players to go after them it just waste legal to pay them afterwards.

Well, aren't you charming. I'm sure that's everyone's takeaway from this little exchange.

I'm not going to argue whether or not this "shit" is "all over football." My point was it is not normal, nor nearly as pervasive as some, including yourself, would have you believe.

Further, my point is, there's no place for it in the modern game.

"I guarantee that just about every team in the NFL had something similar running before this."

Hit pools, and game pools have been a part of the NFL as long as there's been an NFL. But that brings up two points...

1.) There's a big difference between a hit pool which rewards big plays, and the premeditated intent to injure.

2.) Just because it has been a part of the game, doesn't mean it should be.

"...the only thing Williams did wrong was give money to players for causing injuries. It was actually LEGAL for him to call out players injuries and instruct his players to go after them it just waste legal to pay them afterwards."

You're walking a line between two points... are you challenging whether or not what Williams did was "wrong," or "LEGAL"? The two words aren't diametrically opposed. Not everything that is wrong is illegal, and not everything that is legal is right.

Even so, I'd argue that what Gregg Williams did outside of the payment of money was not only wrong, but illegal... in terms of NFL rules, if not local laws and statutes and society in general. But those points rely on a moral code that you and I obviously disagree on. So be it.

But the point on which we may agree, is that it doesn't help you win. It doesn't make you a better player. It doesn't matter how many players you injure, how many ankles you twist in a pile. What matters is the scoreboard. If I can get 11 guys to play with passion, in unison... one goal, one unit, all that other stuff is schoolyard bullshit. You know what's intimidating? Giving up 17 yards on the ground for 4 quarters, putting 55 on the board in a half. That's intimidating.

What you're describing happens - and I'm not trying to be inflammatory here - far more frequently in substandard programs. It happens where teams are at a direct organizational, strategic, or competitive disadvantage.

This is why it has no place in the NFL. In the NFL, nobody's at a disadvantage. These are the best 1600 players in the world. Nothing about this belongs here. And if it doesn't belong in the NFL where it's truly pay for performance - perform to survive, then it absolutely doesn't belong at lower levels.

And what's worse, is left unchecked, it will eventually choke the game out of existence. Every concussion, every injury, and every fucking rah rah speech from a sadist goon that gets recorded, the more parents steer their kids away from our game. Without kids, we have no game.

I take my role as a coach very seriously. And that comes with responsibilities. Part of those responsibilities is to preserve the game itself. And we can't preserve the game if we cannot protect the people who play it. Injuries are an unfortunate byproduct of a violent game. They are never to be an intended outcome. If you allow this kind of benchmark, this kind of scenario, where the injury is the stated goal, instead of the accidental consequence, it'll be the death knell for this game.

So you can call me what you want. I'm entirely comfortable with who I am, how I coach, and the results I get. But, I won't abide someone trying to destroy the my game.

-jj

I'm 44, and have been around the sport for a long time, both as a player and a coach. I've never heard anything like what Harry is proclaiming is the norm. Good coaches teach the sport, good players play the sport............Nothing more.

The undisputed fact here is he got caught and it happens...Buddy Ryan is noted for putting a bounty on players heads...Even Mike Golic on Mike and Mike said it was commonplace in the NFL. Now who am I gonna believe?....The Man whose been there.

Now I have 9 years of looker room experience

yeah the first 2 years you were the water boy and then you got promoted to picking up dirty jock straps.

wow. those are some 'glory days'!

i thought you couldn't be anymore of an asshole with your richardson man-love but this puts you over the top.

yeah the first 2 years you were the water boy and then you got promoted to picking up dirty jock straps.

wow. those are some 'glory days'!

i thought you couldn't be anymore of an asshole with your richardson man-love but this puts you over the top.

What the fuck is your problem. Cause I think a player is good you don't like me even though I have said I would really be happy with anything we do there other than drafting Tannehill or Kalil. Mind getting off what ever pedestal you've placed yourself on. I don't mind what people think about my "glory days" they are what they are I look back on them fondly just like everyone else you played and enjoyed the sport.

oh and another thing.....what kind of liability do these scumbag teammates of yours HarryPotter have with the injury (broken arm) of the player on the opponents' team?

you and your fuckin so-called 'great coach' wouldn't have anything to do during football season because if i was the parent of that kid your whole program would be shut down and the parents (of those kids) and your farging school would have lawyers jammed up your tight little quiffin asses so fast you all would be the ones who'd be crying.

i guess you'd have to transfer over to the chess club, huh? nah, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself with anything that actually took some brains.

oh and another thing.....what kind of liability do these scumbag teammates of yours HarryPotter have with the injury (broken arm) of the player on the opponents' team?

you and your fuckin so-called 'great coach' wouldn't have anything to do during football season because if i was the parent of that kid your whole program would be shut down and the parents (of those kids) and your farging school would have lawyers jammed up your tight little quiffin asses so fast you all would be the ones who'd be crying.

i guess you'd have to transfer over to the chess club, huh? nah, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself with anything that actually took some brains.

Actually was Vice President of the chess club, but as I already said nothing came to happen from my friend breaking a guys arm, nor did anything happen to any other team that did similar shit to us. It's not like we were the assholes of the area it was shit that every team did. As I said tit for tat.

Archived