THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Mock - My First On Here

DawginIT

Trade back a few spots with our first pick and pick up a 3rd round pick.

1a. Michael Floyd - WR* Notre Dame - Day 1 starter

1b. Jonathon Martin - OT* Stanford - Day 1 starter

2. Mychal Kendricks - LB* California - Day 1 starter opposite Gocong

3a. LaMichael James - RB* Oregon - Change of pace back that could compete with Hardesty to start

3b. Chase Minniefield - CB* Virginia - Good depth and possible starter across from Haden

4a. Mike Martin - DT* Michigan - Very talented and could add great depth to give Taylor/Rubin breathers

4b. Bruce Irvin - LB* West Virginia - Adds depth and great 3rd down pass rushing option

Disclaimer: The remaining picks are nearly impossible to pick but they are players I would like to see in a Browns uniform.

Aaron Henry - FS* Nebraska

Lucas Nix - G* Pittsburgh

Jeff Fuller - WR* Texas A&M

Keith Tandy - CB* West Virginia

Chris Rainey - RB* Florida

Derek Wolfe - DT* Cincinnati

1a. Michael Floyd - WR* Notre Dame - Day 1 starter

1b. Jonathon Martin - OT* Stanford - Day 1 starter

2. Mychal Kendricks - LB* California - Day 1 starter opposite Gocong

3a. LaMichael James - RB* Oregon - Change of pace back that could compete with Hardesty to start

3b. Chase Minniefield - CB* Virginia - Good depth and possible starter across from Haden

4a. Mike Martin - DT* Michigan - Very talented and could add great depth to give Taylor/Rubin breathers

4b. Bruce Irvin - LB* West Virginia - Adds depth and great 3rd down pass rushing option

Disclaimer: The remaining picks are nearly impossible to pick but they are players I would like to see in a Browns uniform.

Aaron Henry - FS* Nebraska

Lucas Nix - G* Pittsburgh

Jeff Fuller - WR* Texas A&M

Keith Tandy - CB* West Virginia

Chris Rainey - RB* Florida

Derek Wolfe - DT* Cincinnati

I can get onboard with that mock.. My only comment is that I would hope we could get more than a 3rd rounder for moving back within the top 10. We used a 3rd rounder to move up several spots last year in the 20s of the first round to get Phil Taylor. Hopefully we could get 2 or a 3 and 4...

I can get onboard with that mock.. My only comment is that I would hope we could get more than a 3rd rounder for moving back within the top 10. We used a 3rd rounder to move up several spots last year in the 20s of the first round to get Phil Taylor. Hopefully we could get 2 or a 3 and 4...

If we trade back the bare minimum we should get is a 2. The Rams wanted 2 additional first and a 2nd plus swapping this yrs first for us to move up 2 spots. I wouldn't even consider a trade unless at least a 2nd rd pick or better is involved.

Yeah I could see them getting more than that too. I just figured I would make it very reasonable so I didn't get any complaints about how I was unrealistic. I know offensive playmakers is a huge need but I'm not of the belief that you need to spend all your 1st and 2nd rounders to get really good ones. I addressed the linebacking corps too which many people seem to be over looking for some reason.

The only way I would trade back is if Richardson was already gone at #3. If he is gone, I would actually WANT to trade down, & there is no way I would accept less than a 2, & that's only if it's for one of the 1st 8 1st rounders, unless it's the Rams....Then the price goes up. If dropping below 8, that #4 pick gets VERY costly, & the hell with the "value charts".

Mike

1a. Michael Floyd - WR* Notre Dame - Day 1 starter- Like the idea of trading down for Floyd. Love the idea of drafting Richardson.

1b. Jonathon Martin - OT* Stanford - Day 1 starter- Hope he is there at 22. People talk about completing our defense with Claiborne- how about completing our run game with an elite back and a good RT.

2. Mychal Kendricks - LB* California - Day 1 starter opposite Gocong- Don't know alot about him. I like Lavonte David better I think.

3a. LaMichael James - RB* Oregon - Change of pace back that could compete with Hardesty to start. Can't see the Browns drafting him.

3b. Chase Minniefield - CB* Virginia - Good depth and possible starter across from Haden. Good story and PR move- if slides this far maybe you pull the trigger.

4a. Mike Martin - DT* Michigan - Very talented and could add great depth to give Taylor/Rubin breathers. Former wrestler- you know he plays with leverage and has great hands. I think he has decent career- can't ask for much more in the 4th round.

4b. Bruce Irvin - LB* West Virginia - Adds depth and great 3rd down pass rushing option. Can't see a player with pash rush skills dropping this far. Too many teams need a guy like Irvin.

People talk about completing our defense with Claiborne- how about completing our run game with an elite back and a good RT.

2 picks vs. one.

btw claiborne wouldn't complete the defense. we still need LBs and maybe a safety.

offense we need RT RB and WRs a TE and maybe a QB.

Lol...yeah....the best way to trade down if you really want to is overvalue the pick and ask an arm and a leg. That'll sure bring alot of opportunities....

Think about it. If Richardson is gone, there are still some great options & if someone wants 'em bad enough, they WILL overpay (see 2011 Cleveland/Atlanta trade). I may want to trade down, but it's not like I'm "shopping" the pick, but....If you want it, what'll you pay? We are in a "no lose" situation....We can get a great player at 4 or demand an outrageous price FOR that pick. I'm not looking for opportunities to build another team's roster at a bargain for them.

Mike

1a. Michael Floyd - WR* Notre Dame - Day 1 starter- Like the idea of trading down for Floyd. Love the idea of drafting Richardson.

1b. Jonathon Martin - OT* Stanford - Day 1 starter- Hope he is there at 22. People talk about completing our defense with Claiborne- how about completing our run game with an elite back and a good RT.

2. Mychal Kendricks - LB* California - Day 1 starter opposite Gocong- Don't know alot about him. I like Lavonte David better I think.

3a. LaMichael James - RB* Oregon - Change of pace back that could compete with Hardesty to start. Can't see the Browns drafting him.

3b. Chase Minniefield - CB* Virginia - Good depth and possible starter across from Haden. Good story and PR move- if slides this far maybe you pull the trigger.

4a. Mike Martin - DT* Michigan - Very talented and could add great depth to give Taylor/Rubin breathers. Former wrestler- you know he plays with leverage and has great hands. I think he has decent career- can't ask for much more in the 4th round.

4b. Bruce Irvin - LB* West Virginia - Adds depth and great 3rd down pass rushing option. Can't see a player with pash rush skills dropping this far. Too many teams need a guy like Irvin.

I wouldn't have a problem with Lavonte David either. Kendricks has a few pounds on him though so it could help against the run. Also, he was an absolute animal at the combine and probably has a higher upside than David.

James? RB? He's great, but he isn't the guy. The Browns don't have the guy.

And Minnifield's stock has dropped a lot. Unless there's something we don't know...

I don't know if Floyd fits the Browns' locker room. Maybe. Maybe not.

16 days. "sigh"

I think it's funny when people shoot their mouths off at someone having an opinion they don't have.

I did read somewhere else, that he was slower than expected in recovering from his knee surgery.

Maybe, a private work out before the draft, an expert says he'll be fine - it stock goes back up with some "experts"

I would like that if he fell to the Browns in the third round. That would be awesome.

so, according to some, his stock has dropped a lot. As in, from 2nd (or 1st) round pick, to last day of the draft.

I don't remember anyone saying that T. J. Ward fell out of the second round.

I like Chase a lot. This is one of the things I read, though:Ever heard of Sports Illustrated?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/04/06/pro.day.stocks/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia -- Scouts rated Minnifield as one of the top cornerbacks from the senior class before the 2011 season, but he struggled on the field and then underwent minor knee surgery at the end of the campaign. Minnifield looked terrible during the Virginia pro day, running his 40 in the mid-4.6s and not completing the workout. He's dropped from a potential second-round pick into the last day of the draft.

I think it's funny when people shoot their mouths off at someone having an opinion they don't have.

I did read somewhere else, that he was slower than expected in recovering from his knee surgery.

Maybe, a private work out before the draft, an expert says he'll be fine - it stock goes back up with some "experts"

I would like that if he fell to the Browns in the third round. That would be awesome.

so, according to some, his stock has dropped a lot. As in, from 2nd (or 1st) round pick, to last day of the draft.

I don't remember anyone saying that T. J. Ward fell out of the second round.

I like Chase a lot. This is one of the things I read, though:Ever heard of Sports Illustrated?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/04/06/pro.day.stocks/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia -- Scouts rated Minnifield as one of the top cornerbacks from the senior class before the 2011 season, but he struggled on the field and then underwent minor knee surgery at the end of the campaign. Minnifield looked terrible during the Virginia pro day, running his 40 in the mid-4.6s and not completing the workout. He's dropped from a potential second-round pick into the last day of the draft.

By "struggling on the field" they should have said "teams threw away from him and he only got 3 INT's." And he has a knee injury, that's something you can't necessarily put a time line on all the time. He is a solid 3rd/4th round selection based on the fact he has legit 1st/2nd round talent.

The talent you've ID'd is fine, and shows more thought than many mocks posted here (many get to round 3 and just start saying the best this or that available), but talent ID'ing alone does not make a mock. You have to anticipate league demand for the players/ positions you want/ need. How far will Floyd fall? Will J. Martin be there at 22? My answers are not below 9 and no.

If you are going to include mock trades you really have to ID the trade partners. Trading down a #4 and only getting a 1st and 3rd says you are only moving down a couple slots. Unless Kalil falls to us at #4 I have a hard time seeing a team higher than Dallas at #14 being interested in trading with us so they can draft Claiborne.

- If you have to drop to 14, do you make the trade knowing that Floyd is not going to fall that low?

- If you think there is a trade partner higher than 14, who is it and who do they want to trade up to #4 to get?

The talent you've ID'd is fine, and shows more thought than many mocks posted here (many get to round 3 and just start saying the best this or that available), but talent ID'ing alone does not make a mock. You have to anticipate league demand for the players/ positions you want/ need. How far will Floyd fall? Will J. Martin be there at 22? My answers are not below 9 and no.

If you are going to include mock trades you really have to ID the trade partners. Trading down a #4 and only getting a 1st and 3rd says you are only moving down a couple slots. Unless Kalil falls to us at #4 I have a hard time seeing a team higher than Dallas at #14 being interested in trading with us so they can draft Claiborne.

- If you have to drop to 14, do you make the trade knowing that Floyd is not going to fall that low?

- If you think there is a trade partner higher than 14, who is it and who do they want to trade up to #4 to get?

I think Martin could be available at 22. You have Kalil, Reiff, DeCastro that will be selected ahead of him. I have to imagine there are teams that prefer Adams potential as well. There are a ton of teams between 10-20 that need defensive help or are reportedly looking at Defensive guys. Some of the more obvious oline destinations are not too obvious- For instance the Chargers and AJ Smith have openly admitted they don't like taking Olineman in the first round. I think Martin is an obvious choice at 22 if he's there- you can't lineup in our division and play 6 games a year and have a huge hole on one side of the line.

I could see a guy like Brockers being there at 22 and the Browns moving to the end of the 1st round. I would imagine if that happens we get a few calls. Quite honestly, I would like to trade out of 22 more than I would 4. Wright, Hill, D. Martin, Wilson, Mike Adams (heck even J. Martin) could slide to the end of the first round.

Kalil, Claiborne and Tannehill are the guys I see a team trading up for. All three are clearly better than the next option and all three are at critical positions. If you trade with Dallas- you better get a #1 next season and 2nd this season-I'm completely fine with that. Throw the draft value chart out- its becoming more and more a thing of the past.

Last thing, if you look the WR in this draft after Floyd- you can make a case for 6-7 different guys as 3-10 seem to have equal flaws. I'm not sold on going WR at 22.

1. Trent Richardson RB

1a. Stephen Hill (trade back a few spots and pick up a 2nd rounder) WR

2. Bobbie Massie OT

2a. Chase Minnifield

3. Kirk Cousins

4. OLB

5. DEFENSE

6.Devier Posey

Nice job, Hurricane. I'd go with that !

4. T Rich RB

22. J. Martin RT

37. V. Curry DE

3rd Round- G. Childs WR.

4a- TY Hilton WR --- or (Ryan Broyles WR)

4b- S. Spence OLB

5- Vontaze Burficit MLB

5- Russell Wilson QB

Spend the rest of the picks on secondary and Oline depth.

1. Trent Richardson RB

1a. Stephen Hill (trade back a few spots and pick up a 2nd rounder) WR

2. Bobbie Massie OT

2a. Chase Minnifield

3. Kirk Cousins

4. OLB

5. DEFENSE

6.Devier Posey

Nice job, Hurricane. I'd go with that !

You gotta be kidding me. Minniefield isn't a 2nd rounder and screw taking a qb.

Don Banks from SI has us taking Richardson at #4 and Adams at #22.

As much as poetic is making me sick of Richardson, I like the idea of two guys who would be ready to start week 1 on offense.

I am far more against taking Adam's at #22 or even in the 2nd round than I am against taking Tannehill at #4. Adam's is weak and they are going to make him play the one tackle spot that involves more power. I was also never really impressed watching him play for the Buckeyes. I would rather than Massie from Ole Miss at #22 or Martin from Stanford.

Yes I wouldn't take Adams unless he fell to the 3rd. He's got a pretty good upside but he's weak, lazy, and doesn't always play hard. I know he's projected as high as mid-late 1st round but that's all on potential and nothing he's really done to prove he's a great player.

Most of you watched more OSU games than I did so I'm just going by what I read from Banks. I don't care who we take at #22, I just want whoever it is to be in the starting lineup week 1 when the season starts.

Hell Yeah, Mark O! Welcome to the Family! :) Richardson is going to be a beast... you won't regret it! B)

Archived