2. Bobbie Massie OT

2a. Chase Minnifield

3. Kirk Cousins

4. OLB

5. DEFENSE

6.Devier Posey

7. dont care

7. dont care

You wont get a second rounder from trading back from 22 and staying in the first round. A third rounder is realistic there. You still could pick up Minnifield in the 3rd round possibly.

I'm not sold on Stephen Hill though. He is big and fast (so is Carlton Mitchell) and he wasn't used all that much with GT's offense. So that really says to me that he is very athletic, but an unknown receiver. I just dont like it when people jump into the first round just because of their combine, I dont like buying into that hype. He might be good, but Heckert needs to be very comfortable with his tape to take him in the first round, not just his measurements..

Yes I wouldn't take Adams unless he fell to the 3rd. He's got a pretty good upside but he's weak, lazy, and doesn't always play hard. I know he's projected as high as mid-late 1st round but that's all on potential and nothing he's really done to prove he's a great player.

Let me put it like this. I will compare him to Posey at WR (I know they are two different positions but I am comparing how talented I think they are at their different positions and where they are expected to go in the draft). Adam's is weak and it shows on the field. He also isn't a great pass protector and with his lack of strength that should be his strong point. I would label him as a 3rd or 4th round pick at best and I think he should fall into the 5th like Pinkston did last year. Posey on the other hand has average hands at best and he makes drops because of it. He also isn't a great route runner. But he has good game speed agility versatile and still manages to make important catched. I think he should go in the late 2nd to mid 3rd but he isn't going to be touched until the 5th at best.

Oh and Brewster C for OSU is a better OL than Adam's and he isn't going to go till the 4th.

1) Blackmon - even though I would take T rich here I don't see H&H giving up on Hardesty so soon, GMs rarely admit they missed

1a) Perry - copycat league, the Gmen proved a great pass rush compensates for an average secondary and average LBs ...1 pick here upgrades 3 areas....Frostee? he's just depth, fresh guy's all game long

2) Massie - perfect fit, powerfull,long quick...Colt now has a receiver and protection...let's get him a running back

3)Pead - no need to admit you missed on Hardesty,different skill set here,powerfull scatback( think Willie Parker) we need a LB here but this draft is LB weak too early for Robinson from UT

4) Robinson...will most likely be gone,if he is we will grab Aaron Henry (and he's a Badger,not a husker)

4a)Nick Foles - all the tools...but how bad does he want it?

5)Acho - we need youth and speed at LB...if we land Robinson @ 4 we'll take Derek Wolfe for DT depth

5a)Jeff Fuller - Sherman's system,no risk

I see the rest as BPA with the focus on defensive speed...don't laugh but I could see us using 1 of the supplemental picks on a kicker...I know we won't use a roster spot for an extra kicker

but I never thought we'd use a tag on one either(the kid from Purdue also punted some)

Let me put it like this. I will compare him to Posey at WR (I know they are two different positions but I am comparing how talented I think they are at their different positions and where they are expected to go in the draft). Adam's is weak and it shows on the field. He also isn't a great pass protector and with his lack of strength that should be his strong point. I would label him as a 3rd or 4th round pick at best and I think he should fall into the 5th like Pinkston did last year. Posey on the other hand has average hands at best and he makes drops because of it. He also isn't a great route runner. But he has good game speed agility versatile and still manages to make important catched. I think he should go in the late 2nd to mid 3rd but he isn't going to be touched until the 5th at best.

Oh and Brewster C for OSU is a better OL than Adam's and he isn't going to go till the 4th.

Posey had some terrible drops (Iowa game his Jr. year comes to mind). I thought he was a good route runner hence he got open quite a bit on intermediate routes. I also thought he had good field awareness (Michigan game Jr. year made some nice sideline catches) and he was always a deep threat and getting behind coverage. I'm an OSU fan and after the Sugar Bowl his Jr. year there were concerns he would leave an enter the draft. Now the suspension and his decent not great play after the suspension has put his draft stock in the toilet. I think he could have been a much better WR with a more accurate QB- Terrell Pryor threw to an area- and relied mainly on the WR making a great grab- and Posey made some nice catches going over top coverage.

Mike Adams had one dominant stretch (probably 7 or 8 games) his Jr. year. Vinny Curry (he's going to be good)ate him up his Jr. year. I think he did well against Ryan Kerrigan. So he's been very up and down over his career. If he's a Rt he has a chance to be a good pro IMO- no way on the leftside.

I think Brewster has been at the same level since the middle of his sophomore year. After his Freshman year I thought that he would exceed Nick Mangold. I don't think he's close to the level that Mangold was at when he left OSU.

1) Blackmon - even though I would take T rich here I don't see H&H giving up on Hardesty so soon, GMs rarely admit they missed

1a) Perry - copycat league, the Gmen proved a great pass rush compensates for an average secondary and average LBs ...1 pick here upgrades 3 areas....Frostee? he's just depth, fresh guy's all game long

2) Massie - perfect fit, powerfull,long quick...Colt now has a receiver and protection...let's get him a running back

3)Pead - no need to admit you missed on Hardesty,different skill set here,powerfull scatback( think Willie Parker) we need a LB here but this draft is LB weak too early for Robinson from UT

4) Robinson...will most likely be gone,if he is we will grab Aaron Henry (and he's a Badger,not a husker)

4a)Nick Foles - all the tools...but how bad does he want it?

5)Acho - we need youth and speed at LB...if we land Robinson @ 4 we'll take Derek Wolfe for DT depth

5a)Jeff Fuller - Sherman's system,no risk

I see the rest as BPA with the focus on defensive speed...don't laugh but I could see us using 1 of the supplemental picks on a kicker...I know we won't use a roster spot for an extra kicker

but I never thought we'd use a tag on one either(the kid from Purdue also punted some)

I love Nick Perry. He is huge and fast. If he falls to 22 he will easily be the best player available and you gotta take him there.

I can get onboard with that mock.. My only comment is that I would hope we could get more than a 3rd rounder for moving back within the top 10. We used a 3rd rounder to move up several spots last year in the 20s of the first round to get Phil Taylor. Hopefully we could get 2 or a 3 and 4...

Chase Minnifield will not be around in round 3. Belichick loves him, so Pioli will overdraft him in round two haha.

What's Up Dogg Pound?!??!?

Two weeks from tonight! I cannot wait to glimpse into are future. With the Steelers and Ravens getting older, the cycle will have Browns and Bengals on top!!!

Anyway, the guys at SPORTSMASHER just released another mocj draft (version 4.0) and it's really detailed and interesting.

They have use going with Richardson at #4 (which I think is the right move, I'd rather wait on a back, but we need one and he's the best since Peterson)

And Mike Adams, the big right tackle out of Dublin by way of Ohio State at #22.

I'd be okay with this, we need to improve on offense, our defense is not awful and just needs some tweaking.

Here is their mock, check it out:

SPORTSMASHER'S MOCK DRAFT

Plus the rumor is they are live blogging the draft, good stuff!

Archived