THE BROWNS BOARD

Rfid Chips To Become Mandatory?

The Cysko Kid

No, no, and no. That was not what the "death panels" were. All it had to do with was end of life counseling. It made no bureaucratic decisions on limitations of care.

God, the bullshit and misinformation in here is never-ending. I could spend a lifetime in here only correcting the nonsense.

Do you guys ever stop and realize how many times you base your opinions on something that isn't even true, and then never revisit those opinions once you realize that it's not true? Or, in many cases, and 100% of Cal's, never accept that what you thought was true is, in fact, false?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no, and no. That was not what the "death panels" were. All it had to do with was end of life counseling. It made no bureaucratic decisions on limitations of care.

God, the bullshit and misinformation in here is never-ending. I could spend a lifetime in here only correcting the nonsense.

Do you guys ever stop and realize how many times you base your opinions on something that isn't even true, and then never revisit those opinions once you realize that it's not true? Or, in many cases, and 100% of Cal's, never accept that what you thought was true is, in fact, false?

Well that's good to know.

I'll rest easy knowing that should I need years and years of nursing facility care that the great and powerful obama will pick up the tab.

Got a cigarette?

WSS

And your evidence that Ron Paul would be better is some crazed conspiratorial nonsense about how the health care bill mandated implanted microchips? Ron Paul doesn't even believe that. Some members of Ron Paul's crazed army do. And they have a website. You shouldn't be using this as a source of information. It doesn't even pass the laugh test.

You don't have to read the entire health bill to know this is the stuff of loons. I certainly haven't read the entire health care bill. Just use your common sense. Also, if you read sites with actual information on them, as opposed to Ron Paul's deranged fan sites, you'd remember how this microchip nonsense was one of those phantom menaces that the right-wing foamed about during the health care debate, right before they were laughed out of the room. In terms of crazy, it was probably second only to the "death panel" nonsense.

You can read more about it here, here, here, or here.

Hope that helps.

You don't know shit from shinola about me, so don't make assumptions. But you always do, in your ceaseless quest to be "right" about something, anything. This is you in a nutshell:

duty_calls.png

You don't know shit from shinola about me, so don't make assumptions. But you always do, in your ceaseless quest to be "right" about something, anything. This is you in a nutshell:

You're right. I don't know you. I just know that what you typed was all sorts of wrong. Which is why I commented on that and not your shirt or your lawn.

What I do know about you? You spend a lot of time being mad at me because you were wrong about something instead of just saying, "I was wrong about that." I'd rather we try and have a regular conversation, without the sniping, since you're one of the few who can.

You're right. I don't know you. I just know that what you typed was all sorts of wrong. Which is why I commented on that and not your shirt or your lawn.

What I do know about you? You spend a lot of time being mad at me because you were wrong about something instead of just saying, "I was wrong about that." I'd rather we try and have a regular conversation, without the sniping, since you're one of the few who can.

When the title of the thread is rfid chips to become mandatory? clearly it should be implied that this is not cold hard facts, but a topic of discussion. My opinion is that I will oppose it until my last breath. The subject matter is scary. End of discussion.

Um, no. It implies that someone is trying to make it mandatory, and cites parts of a bill that cranks imagine is going to make this mandatory, and that this bill should be opposed. Except that no one is trying to make it mandatory and all this part of the bill was talking about were medical devices that are implanted inside the body, like pacemakers and stents and hip replacements. This whole conversation starts from someone not knowing what the bill says, and then imagining it says something horrible that it doesn't.

Come on, man. You didn't start a thread to fight to the last breath against something that no one was proposing in the first place; you started one to talk about a bill you thought needed to be opposed.

You can call me stubborn all you like. But at least I'm not the one being stubborn and wrong.

I oppose Obama's plan to use the Head Start program to physically disable poor children in order to meet some arbitrary 10 percent quota.

Here, look at the bill:

(d)(1) The Secretary shall establish policies and procedures to assure that, for fiscal year 2009 and thereafter, not less than 10 percent of the total number of children actually enrolled by each Head Start agency and each delegate agency will be children with disabilities who are determined to be eligible for special education and related services

Um, no. It implies that someone is trying to make it mandatory, and cites parts of a bill that cranks imagine is going to make this mandatory, and that this bill should be opposed. Except that no one is trying to make it mandatory and all this part of the bill was talking about were medical devices that are implanted inside the body, like pacemakers and stents and hip replacements. This whole conversation starts from someone not knowing what the bill says, and then imagining it says something horrible that it doesn't.

Come on, man. You didn't start a thread to fight to the last breath against something that no one was proposing in the first place; you started one to talk about a bill you thought needed to be opposed.

You can call me stubborn all you like. But at least I'm not the one being stubborn and wrong.

What you are is a 'jerk' that thinks you are always right. You're not. I didn't state it as fact. The question mark is indicitave of that. Please point out where that occured. What I did was post a link to an article I found interesting and a prospect I found frightening nothing more nothing less. Even if its not in the current bill it was in the original. I like how you smooth that over. I will oppose the thought of implanting chips into people. The first bill indicates that in obamas perfect world we'd be fitted with them. And, even though you say you want to discuss things without sniping, rather than just fuckin' talk about the fuckin' microchips you want to argue like a little girl and be told you're right. I'm not going to tell you you're right about shit. Woody can stroke your ego, don't expect me to do it.

duty_calls.png

My friend, you're just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong all over again. No matter how many times you try to make it right, you just make it worse.

It was never in the first bill. Not once have I even mentioned the fact that it ended up not being in the final bill because that's besides the point. The point is that it was never in the bill to begin with. No matter how many times we've gone over this, no matter how many links I posted telling you this is all just an internet rumor for the deranged, you still believe it was in the original bill:

"Even if its not in the current bill it was in the original. I like how you smooth that over. I will oppose the thought of implanting chips into people. The first bill indicates that in obamas perfect world we'd be fitted with them."

How hard can this be? Seriously. Do you realize that you're with Cal and T on this one, two of the most ridiculous people to ever put a finger to a keyboard?

In "Obama's perfect world" we're not microchipping people. And that's why I don't feel the need to debate microchipping people. Because nobody's proposing that we microchip people. If you want to have a science fiction debate about a futuristic world where governments implant microchips into people, then say so. But you're clearly saying something different, which is that the Obama health care bill originally wanted to fit people with microchips.

No. It. Didn't.

As the Open Congress link said in 2009, "There’s a new rumor going around about the Democrats’ healthcare bill that’s so absurd and off-base that I hesitate to even bring it up here in order to debunk it. The rumor, which is being spread mostly in online forums and hasn’t yet received any kind of validation from a national political figure, is that the bill would require all Americans to get a microchip embedded in their body so the government can track them."

And then it goes on and on about how ridiculous and unfounded this microchipping business is.

So, you can not tell me I'm right all you like. And you can call me a girl all you like too. I'm just telling you that it doesn't speak very highly of your ability to separate fact from fiction, or your ability to be original. You're just a jackass who is walking a mile to not admit he got taken by a bullshit internet rumor from three years ago, when he could have walked two steps and said, "Oh, my bad."

And what would you like Woody to do, stop seeing the obvious so that he can disagree with me even though he doesn't? I'm quite sure he's looking at this the same way I am, and scratching his head wondering why this obvious point is so lost on you.

Frankly, I'm happy to have another guy in here that doesn't need to be told that Obama isn't really like Mao, that he's not planning on deputizing the Black Panthers, and that 2+2 doesn't equal 17.

I oppose Obama's plan to use the Head Start program to physically disable poor children in order to meet some arbitrary 10 percent quota.

Here, look at the bill:

(d)(1) The Secretary shall establish policies and procedures to assure that, for fiscal year 2009 and thereafter, not less than 10 percent of the total number of children actually enrolled by each Head Start agency and each delegate agency will be children with disabilities who are determined to be eligible for special education and related services

Of course if that really were his plan, as nefarious as it would be, I bet you'd find a way to argue for it!

;)

(But in this case you can just re write the standards so more children will qualify)

WSS

Of course if that really were his plan, as nefarious as it would be, I bet you'd find a way to argue for it!

;)

(But in this case you can just re write the standards so more children will qualify)

WSS

Good one, Steve! What a takedown.

Of course, the problem in here is that few, if any of you can actually argue about policy, and have no interest in it, so we never get to defending or opposing policies anyway. We mostly discuss politics, or sideshow issues, or nonsense, like we're doing in here. So, you wouldn't know what I think of Obama's policies even after five years on the political board.

If you need any evidence of this, just go look at the thread topics on the board now.

Well, besides repeating the word policy over and over weve yet to hear anything substantial from you, the self proclaimedmaster.

Also, not surprisingly, we haven't heard dick from the president himself.

Besides, of course, glittering generalities and other assorted bullshit.

So forgive me if I don't quake in awe at the guys vast intellect.

WSS

Shit. I just deleted a post by mistake instead of editing it.

Just go look at the Stand Your Ground thread. It really shows how these "policy" arguments go.

It was me asking a policy question and you saying you didn't know what the policy was, then me basically saying "then go look up the law and we'll go from there" and you saying "I don't see how this is different from self-defense" and me saying "It is different - go look at the law" and then you not being able to find it, and then ...doing a 180 and saying I didn't know what the law was, and me saying "Yes, I do know" because everyone had been reading about it for two weeks and then telling you to go look it up.

From there you took it to accusing me of not knowing, and saying I might go back and edit my posts. Finally, I posted the text of the law for you and you said, "It's good you did some research and dropped the pretense." Oh, and before that, and after saying you didn't know what the law said, you wrote, "By the way, stand your ground is something of a gray area but it is based on the idea that you have no responsibility to retreat when threatened."

So to recap:

- My policy question.

- You saying you don't know what the law is, and that you're not a lawyer.

- Me saying you should look up the law so we could talk about it.

- You saying you don't see the difference between SYG and self-defense.

- Me telling you there is a big difference in the legal standard

- You implying that I don't know what the law says.

- Me assuring you that i do.

- You insisting I don't, then suddenly posting the difference in the legal standard.

- Me posting the text of the law, since you couldn't find it.

- You insisting this was the first time I'd read it, and had finally dropped my pretense.

It's mind-numbing stuff.

You're also making your claim that I don't know policy in a thread based on an right-wing internet rumor from three years ago that has no basis in reality, which you jumped into - not to discuss the facts or to tell Cysko he was wrong - but to add that you still believed another bogus right-wing rumor from the same period three years ago, this one even more widely and commonly debunked and laughed at than the one Cysko fell for.

in other words, if you think believing the microchip stuff is stupid, I still believe the death panel stuff!

And when corrected, once again, on the actual purpose of these sections of the health care law, I get accused of being an Obama shill.

So: spreading paranoid bullshit and accepting Sarah Palin's version of reality, even years after it's long been debunked - that's okay. That's what you do.

Stating facts about what the actual policy says - that's being an Obama hack.

Welcome to The Browns Board.

As Colbert once said, "Facts have a well-know liberal bias."

Heck I have to go do some things right now.

But the stand your ground thread is a good example.

We had been talking about the difference between it and simple self defense.

You claimed that you had posted that earlier in the thread when in fact you had not.

Then you spent a bunch of posts arguing and refusing to cut it and paste it.

I asked some attorney friends of mine and they told me the basic difference.

And you did nothing but grumble.

Hence a stand your ground conversation never took place.

Personally I think you probably didn't know and the griping was just kabuki.

WSS

Once again, you're wrong.

I didn't claim I posted the texts of the differences. I explained the basic difference - that there's a different legal standard between self-defense and Stand Your Ground laws, which is why the NRA moved to have the laws changed. And I said I knew what the difference was, and that you should look it up. Because you said you didn't know what it was.

And then you said you bit about the machete, which is a self-defense example and irrelevant. So, again, I told you to go look up the difference. You couldn't find it. So you started claiming that I didn't know what it was. And that I'd be editing my posts and all that nonsense. And then when you finally post about the duty to retreat, which is difference in the legal standard, then you start imagining that you're the one who knew what we were talking about.

It's comical. I'd been reading about this stuff all that week. The law had been discussed in dozens of articles. You could barely not read about it that week. Yet somehow when I tell you to go read about it, or Google it, that's too much to ask. You think this means that I must cut and paste the information for you, or that means ...something. I don't know. But I'm definitely up to something!

Never mind that even if I didn't know what I was talking about, it'd take me .7 seconds to look it up in the meantime, so there'd be no point to staging this elaborate kabuki theater that you imagine.

It's like if I told you I'd read the latest Cormac McCarthy book, and mentioned what it was about, and you say that you haven't read it, so I tell you you should read it too so we can talk about it. Then you launch into some weird world where you doubt that I read it and think I'm just making it up, and that I have to explain what the book is about, and then sit you down and read it to you in bed.

This is really pathetic. You really want to think I'm a bad guy and I'm always scheming and I don't know what I'm talking about. Except you can never prove it. So you have to make up scenarios in your head, like you're doing here.

It's sort of sad.

Yeah, I know you are just gonna harp at me for "riding Heck's dick" but Cysko, man, you did not come out on top after that

You keep saying that but I'm not "trying to come out on top" of anything. That's your hero, heck, who obviously has a terrible insecurity issue and feels the need to "win" arguements we're not having. If you can point to a specific example where I said with absolute authority that this is a true statement then I will not feel the need to take him to task for his stupid, self-indulgent, assumptions. I'm sure Obama would just hate having you microchipped. That's why there's 55000 hits about it on Google, right? I'm sure no black people voted for him because he's black. Right? Black people wouldn't do that at all. They ONLY voted for him because he's a democrat. I'm sure.

If I were stating it as a fact and not just a talking point, the title would be "rfid chips to become mandatory." No question mark. You two go on and on about how intelligent you are but you don't seem to understand the purpose of basic punctuation and how it changes the meaning of a statement. This has just degenerated into a childish bitch-fight like so many posts heck gets involved in.

Did you or did you not think that was in the health care bill? Simple question. And seems clear to us the answer is yes. Because you keep writing that it was.

So, did you or did you not think that was in the health care bill? All I'm looking for is some acknowledgement that you understand that "microchipping humans" wasn't in the bill. That's all. You keep posting about how mad you are because you don't want to answer this. So just answer it.

Did you or did you not think that was in the health care bill? Simple question. And seems clear to us the answer is yes. Because you keep writing that it was.

So, did you or did you not think that was in the health care bill? All I'm looking for is some acknowledgement that you understand that "microchipping humans" wasn't in the bill. That's all. You keep posting about how mad you are because you don't want to answer this. So just answer it.

I question marked it, jackass, because clearly I don't know. I already said I didn't read it, and neither did you so you don't know what's in there either. It's so clear a third grader could see it, but heckofajobbrownie can't.

Archived