THE BROWNS BOARD

Gut Feeling (Draft)

BrownRebel

I have no basis for this, but I think tampa is going to jump us and get richardson. The price will be cheap, maybe a 2nd, and I think the vikes only want kalil or claiborne (they will still have both of them there at 5).

On the good side, maybe bucky biceps will make another appearance here.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Vikings trade Richardson, we can always have something to tell our grandkids:

We had the #4 pick in the great draft of '12 when Hall of Famers Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Trent Richardson went 1-2-3.

We had a second 1st rounder, 13 picks that year and a boatload the next year, but we just stayed at 4.

We got a decent cornerback that played out his rookie contract and left to play for a winner.

We were only 12 years in to the "50 years of Hell" at the time.

Zombo

Note: as bad as the Browns did this particular year:

1 1 Alex D. Smith 49ers QB Utah

2 2 Ronnie Brown Dolphins RB Auburn

3 3 Braylon Edwards Browns WR Michigan

4 4 Cedric Benson Bears RB Texas

5 5 Cadillac Williams Buccaneers RB Auburn

6 6 Pacman Jones Titans DB West Virginia

7 7 Troy Williamson Vikings WR South Carolina

8 8 Antrel Rolle Cardinals DB Miami (FL)

9 9 Carlos Rogers Redskins DB Auburn

10 10 Mike Williams Lions WR USC

It is arguable that the Browns got one of the best players of the top ten of that draft.

Note: as bad as the Browns did this particular year:

1 1 Alex D. Smith 49ers QB Utah

2 2 Ronnie Brown Dolphins RB Auburn

3 3 Braylon Edwards Browns WR Michigan

4 4 Cedric Benson Bears RB Texas

5 5 Cadillac Williams Buccaneers RB Auburn

6 6 Pacman Jones Titans DB West Virginia

7 7 Troy Williamson Vikings WR South Carolina

8 8 Antrel Rolle Cardinals DB Miami (FL)

9 9 Carlos Rogers Redskins DB Auburn

10 10 Mike Williams Lions WR USC

It is arguable that the Browns got one of the best players of the top ten of that draft.

That was a crappy draft, and I think we kinda knew it at the time. No one was all that excited about Braylon, or anyone else on that list as well.

Zombo

It makes sense for the Bucs...breaks conventional wisdom and maybe its the gamble/difference in building a winning/exciting franchise. They have a bad fan base...they may actually sell some games out with an exciting young QB and RB.

What is bad for the Browns- I'm all for making a championship caliber defense, but simple Cap 101 economics suggests that we don't pay two corners 20+ mil, especially given the NFL's Pro-WR rules.

If the Browns want to bore us once more fine- I'm all for making us yawn during 12-4 seasons, but trading down and taking DTs and trading away Top 10 picks for journeyman and a Center, taking LTs, and a corner in the Top 10 and not producing wins doesn't exactly win people over- and right now cry that it doesn't matter but this organization needs to reconnect with its fans. Not necessarily me- heck I watched 16 boring @#!@#$% games last year.

There is my rant.

If this Happens we will take Blackmon or trade with St louis and then take floyd. Then take doug martin at 22. It is what it is, and it wont be the end of the world.

and right now cry that it doesn't matter but this organization needs to reconnect with its fans. Not necessarily me- heck I watched 16 boring @#!@#$% games last year.

There is my rant.

yeah but who as a true fan hasn't been right there watching those same fucking games. it doesn't matter who you or i like for them to draft. the most important thing is we get impact players. could be defensive pick (if we stay @4 and take claiborn) which would bring our needs on the side of the ball to 2-3 players. could be offense (if we stay @4 and take blackmon) which leaves us a RT, RB, TE and more good depth at WR, and maybe a QB depending on whether or not H&H TRULY believe in mccoy (in my eyes it would be a wasted pick considering the talent level of positional needs we should address before even spending a pick on a QB.

all of this, of course, depends on whether or not these trade rumors are true or not. tampa's 2 biggest needs are CB and RB, they could be doing this to grab claiborn, leaving richardson, blackmon and even kalil still in the mix for us.

tick tock. tick tock.

Since Colt is the heir appearent QB I hope H&H will take the best available drafteee who can help take some

pressure off of him as he continues his "development". IMHO TR is the quick solution.

At least from a physical standpoint the kid seems like he is ready for the Sunday league more so than some of the other

prime time 1st rounders. Then again he might be a complete head case so who da hell knows. Hopefully, the football

Gods take pity on this star-crossed team and show them some mercy as they begin their courageous climb back to the top of the

AFC North.

No matter WHO tries to jump, the Browns can trump them IF they want to. I really don't want to see us trade up, BUT It would bother me to see us trade up with #4 & #37 as we would cut down to THREE picks in the first 3 rounds. Now, if they really are set on Trich, they could give Minny #4 & #22 for Minny's #3 & #35, thus keeping FOUR picks in the 1st 3 rounds while losing 13 spots on the 2nd pick and keeping Trich. Just a thought, & the Browns are gonna follow their plan, but they really are in a great position with those 2 number ones.

Who KNOWS who the Browns want?....Not I! I'm just alonmg for the ride, & it will be fun.

Mike

Hopefully, the football Gods take pity on this star-crossed team and show them some mercy as they begin their courageous climb back to the top of the

AFC North.

you still believe in football 'god'. that's like believing in santa claus and the easter bunny.

that god has long since pissed on cleveland and their football team. i guessed that god liked hair bands, mushrooms and mtv.

I, like most, have a gut feeling we're addressing a T in the first round. But I don't believe Martin will be there at 22, which means we may trade up for a RT.

This will piss everyone, especially Ghoolie, off. I, however, don't mind it too much.

The way I look at it is this:

Chris Long led the league in 2010 in QB disruptions (a combination of sacks, hits, and hurries) with 67, which I believe is a much more informative stat than just sacks. He also had 29 combined tackles and 3 deflected passes. That's 99 plays that he was effective in.

That same season, the average number of offensive plays per game, I believe, was in the mid 60's.

65 offensive snaps per game, multiplied by 16 regular season games, yields 1,040 offensive plays on average throughout a regular season.

That means that the most disruptive defensive end in 2010 was effective less than 10% of the time. Meaning that the offensive tackle won the battle 90% of the time.

Having a solid tackle on the right side will drastically increase our offensive production, I believe.

However, I don't believe it is our only missing piece. I think our talent level is atrocious at nearly every skill position, including QB. I like McCoy, and I really want him to succeed, but I just don't think moxie and southern metaphors will get us into the postseason.

Offensively, I think the level of need goes WR, RT, QB, RB. The Giants proved that a RBBC can be effective. I think the days of having a stud feature-back are behind us. I wouldn't mind at all if our first four picks were Blackmon, Martin, Jeffery and Cousins/Weeden.

Oh good call, he went 24th or whatever and sat on the bench for three years, and now the top ten teams drafting are all idiots for trusting the scouting reports at the time.

There are steals in every draft, don't be a penis.

Z

If the Vikings trade Richardson, we can always have something to tell our grandkids:

We had the #4 pick in the great draft of '12 when Hall of Famers Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Trent Richardson went 1-2-3.

We had a second 1st rounder, 13 picks that year and a boatload the next year, but we just stayed at 4.

We got a decent cornerback that played out his rookie contract and left to play for a winner.

We were only 12 years in to the "50 years of Hell" at the time.

Zombo

If this does happen, then I believe that Blackmon will be the pick at 4 and Weeden early in the second round if he is still there. I would be happy with that. I think I am one of the few on this board that believes Blackmon will be better than advertised. Played big in the big game and he was uncoverable! He reminds me of a Steve Smith, T.O. combo. I would love to have him and Little as our one two receiver punch.

Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

Richardson... Fleener.....Weeden

Blackmon....Weeden.... Doug Martin...

Blackmon.... OT Martin....Doug Martin...

Thursday night seems so far away. LOL

Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

I agree with those two as our target first round picks. So which one of the two will we pick first?

I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

Archived