THE BROWNS BOARD

Gut Feeling (Draft)

BrownRebel

Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

Or a guy who can throw the ball more than 10 yards.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richardson

Keuchly/Upshaw/Hightower

Massie/Zeitler

Branch

Minnifield

Burfict

Man... you can just feel the tension building...

It makes sense for the Bucs...breaks conventional wisdom

Breaking the conventional wisdom often makes the least sense of all...

What is bad for the Browns- I'm all for making a championship caliber defense, but simple Cap 101 economics suggests that we don't pay two corners 20+ mil, especially given the NFL's Pro-WR rules.

Interesting take I'd not seen before... But wouldn't the new CBA keep MC's CB-bucks lower???

Blackmon... reminds me of a Steve Smith, T.O. combo.

That clinches it... I don't want anything that's part T.O. B)

We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil...

I've said it before, if Kalil falls to us, our phone will ring off of the hook and we will definitely trade down.

tiphat-1.gif

I'm not making predictions as to who's going where. Luck isn't a Colt and Griffin isn't a Redskin until I hear Commissioner Goodell say it. Exspecto quod animadverto, my friend. Remember that.

OK, but I will bet several drachmas that Luck will be a Colt and Griffin a Redskin by tomorrow night.

(or whatever currency was used in the Roman Empire)

Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

In the words of Lee Corso: Not so fast my friend. Those 2 picks Heckert have in mind may in fact be TR and Claiborne, not Blackmon.

The Vikes SHOULD take Kalil and be happy, he's the highest-rated LT prospect since Thomas - higher than Jake Long. Because when you have a chance to maximize the 9-7 potential of Christian Ponder, you do it.

Blackmon, J Martin, D Martin would be fine.

TRich, Martin, Sanu would be fine. Sanu is significantly quicker [able to get separation from NFL CB's] than Randle, the other WR option at 37. This is what I see happening, because the Vikes OL was a sieve last year.

Man... you can just feel the tension building...

Breaking the conventional wisdom often makes the least sense of all...

Interesting take I'd not seen before... But wouldn't the new CBA keep MC's CB-bucks lower???

That clinches it... I don't want anything that's part T.O. B)

I've said it before, if Kalil falls to us, our phone will ring off of the hook and we will definitely trade down.

The conventional wisdom like I mentioned you take a QB, LT, or DE high in the draft if they are great players. Some good QBs (Gabbert right off the top of my head moved into top 10) because of the position they played. Now someone posted a list of the 1st round pick over the last 3 or 4 drafts (very impressive list of RBs, but conventional wisdom says "you can find those guys later"- I think the right way is to evaluate the player not the need and position.

CBA or no CBA his number will be high and if he plays well you have some decisions maybe when Haden's contract is up or Mo's contract is winding down (holdout? ala Revis) or ends. Everyone talks about TRich being effective 5-7 years and not much else or Weeden only having 5-7 good years. Well this secondary everyone dreams of maybe shortlived as well.

I saw an interview with Les Miles a week ago comparing Patrick Peterson and Claiborne- if you really read between the lines he had a more glowing endorsement for Peterson. I trust the Browns know and can compare the two as well.

I'm not sure Kalil gains interest- lots of teams looking for pass rushers in the 10-20 range and Reiff, Martin, Decastro for the oline teams is not a bad consolation prize.

Who knows, but I think this whole thing coming out about the Vikes liking Claiborne is a gigantic pile of nothing. The Vikes desperately need a LT and Kalil is that once every 4-5 years talent at the position. Claiborne is gonna be a stud but there's no way to me they don't take Kalil.

Who knows, but I think this whole thing coming out about the Vikes liking Claiborne is a gigantic pile of nothing. The Vikes desperately need a LT and Kalil is that once every 4-5 years talent at the position. Claiborne is gonna be a stud but there's no way to me they don't take Kalil.

i think minnesota is looking for tampa to bite. what they really want and need is claiborn. some say it's richardson. i don't think so because they already drafted blount last year. drafting up to get their guy (TB) and moving down 2 spots (MINN) and still get their guy is a win, win for them.

i think minnesota is looking for tampa to bite. what they really want and need is claiborn. some say it's richardson. i don't think so because they already drafted blount last year. drafting up to get their guy (TB) and moving down 2 spots (MINN) and still get their guy is a win, win for them.

Blount was not drafted by Tampa. Matter a fact he was not drafted at all. Titans picked him up then cut him. Tampa could really use a rb now since they have some good wrs and a good qb.

Blount was not drafted by Tampa. Matter a fact he was not drafted at all. Titans picked him up then cut him. Tampa could really use a rb now since they have some good wrs and a good qb.

wow. didn't know that.

i thought he did a decent job last year for them?

well if they trade up and grab richardson all hell will break loose up in dis muddafuck.

glad i'm ok with claiborn or blackmon if we don't get TR.

I think the right way is to evaluate the player not the need and position.

CBA or no CBA his number will be high...

I saw an interview with Les Miles a week ago comparing Patrick Peterson and Claiborne- if you really read between the lines he had a more glowing endorsement for Peterson. I trust the Browns know and can compare the two as well.

I'm not sure Kalil gains interest- lots of teams looking for pass rushers in the 10-20 range and Reiff, Martin, Decastro for the oline teams is not a bad consolation prize.

• Agree, but when a top player is there who fills a need at a position, you go get him...
  • But w/ CBA it isn't as high. Google can't seem to find who MC's agent is.
  • I'd settle for close to Patrick.
  • But none of those three linemen are consensus locks at LT.

...Kalil is that once every 4-5 years talent at the position.

Which is why our phone would ring off the hook, if he fell to us...

Kalil is one of the precious few, can't miss, consensus players in this year's draft.

Browns fan sometimes don't get PR moves behind picks and free agent aquisitions becuase ownership has taken this loyal fanbase for granted.

Who sells more tickets and its a legitimate concern in Tampa? T Rich or Claiborne.

You could argue and I absolutely agree with Bill Polian that in five years we will talk about Richardson as the best player in this draft. Luck will not have the right support for at least two years- that roster is terrible and will certainly be a win for the Browns. RGIII is a spread QB- you could label him as the next Cam Newton and but I think that's too easy to do and he may fall with some of these expectations. Look back at his numbers he has put together 1 great season. The Kalil hype is a function of being the best LT in this draft. Lots of people prefer Patrick Peterson over Mo Claiborne and Peterson's special teams skills covered up some blunders he made last season.

At #4, T-Rex or Trade down.

Who sells more tickets and its a legitimate concern in Tampa? T Rich or Claiborne.

you could have the pope playing QB in tampa and they still wouldn't sell out. so your argument about a PR moved attached to a pick/player is moot,

unless of course the pope is handing the ball of to god..i mean....tebow.

• Agree, but when a top player is there who fills a need at a position, you go get him...
  • But w/ CBA it isn't as high. Google can't seem to find who MC's agent is.
  • I'd settle for close to Patrick.
  • But none of those three linemen are consensus locks at LT.

Which is why our phone would ring off the hook, if he fell to us...

Kalil is one of the precious few, can't miss, consensus players in this year's draft.

Is Kalil...Robert Gallery? I don't think he is but we place a premium on a few positions which is where teams miss in looking back at past drafts. Is their history to suggest teams trade up for LT's?

I think the CBA will work against owners as well. I'm waiting for the holdouts that will ensue when some of these young stars with lower rookie salaries start to produce and want what some of their past counterparts got in prior drafts. You may not pay them now- but your sure to pay them later and sometimes later can be sooner than what people think.

Close to Patrick considering Richardson? No.

Close to Patrick considering Blackmon? Debatable and I may go Mo but this FO and coaching staff knows too well about the 14-10, 13-7 type games we lost last year.

you could have the pope playing QB in tampa and they still wouldn't sell out. so your argument about a PR moved attached to a pick/player is moot,

unless of course the pope is handing the ball of to god..i mean....tebow.

So they are fighting for a larger piece of the pie- all the reason to make a big splash.

I look at TB as a similar market to SD- the most fickle fan bases in the world. I know some of these fans would rather be entertained than actually make selections that are good for the team.

What a bunch of whinning bttches. Stuck at four staying at four waaaaaaaaaa... Lets move up two spots but it will cost us three maybe four first rounders. Now people are upset with not movin up to three.

Cant wait to see what MY TEAM does tomorrow.

What a bunch of whinning bttches. Stuck at four staying at four waaaaaaaaaa... Lets move up two spots but it will cost us three maybe four first rounders. Now people are upset with not movin up to three.

Cant wait to see what MY TEAM does tomorrow.

HahahahahAcant wait to hear u cry

Can't wait until you graduate from elementary school...

Now get off the computer and go molest your sister... again...

i for one will stick up for poeticg even though i've wanted to physically strangle (if i coulda found him) him during this past month or so with all his TR love.

but anyone that knows football knows he would be a helluva improvement at that position than what we basically don't have now.

yeah i want claiborn only like i would like kalil (if the FO that he could make a seamless transition to RT)..... bookends. dominant OL @both tackle positions.....dominate defense with 2 lock-down corners.

but don't hate on a guy for wanting something.

where ever the chips may fall we are still going to add someone badass.

and if TR is the guy then so be it.

so it is written. so it shall be done.

Archived