THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy To Be Traded

Loyalty

As a poke fan, and with a gun to my head, I'd have to say Blackmon made Weeden. Don't get me wrong Weeden is the most talented QB the pokes have had since Josh Fields (kind of a reverse Weeden, played football then went into baseball) but Blackmon definitely boosted Weeden's stats with his ability after the catch. Before everybody jumps me for being pissy about not getting Blackmon I only say Blackmon made Weeden with a gun to my head. I think their both going to be legit in the NFL and I'm glad we at least got one of them.

Nothing wrong with saying they made each other. that's how I feel anyway

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Montana make Rice, or did Rice make Montana? Did I make my kids or did my wife make our kids... well technically it's a little bit of both.

Montana & Rice was a marriage made in NFL Heaven. Two competitors with huge work ethics. Problem is now a days we don't see those relationships develope. $$, like most real marriages, is the reason that relationships don't last in the NFL. Guys want paydays over wins. Guys want mansions and cars over Superbowls. It's shame really.

It's hard to have any vested interest in a player because give them enough time and a huge season, and someone with a bigger check is going to take them.

Note: Montana was winning Super Bowls before Rice arrived. Rice was winning SBs after Montana left.

I am pretty sure in saying that in that case, both players were great. They won with each other and without each other.

Our WRs led the league in dropped passes. Between Colt's inconsistency and concussions and our WRs being slow and not catching the ball... we need serious help in one of those areas.

I was wondering if the Browns would be able to send McCoy to Houston or Dallas for a 5th, 6th or 7th Rd Pick... Thoughts?

they received no offers when he was on the block. so we're not getting picks for him, and he's worth more to us (only us) than a late round pick at this point. i'd rather cut wallace, recoup that 2 mil and see who hits waivers after cuts.

Our WRs led the league in dropped passes. Between Colt's inconsistency and concussions and our WRs being slow and not catching the ball... we need serious help in one of those areas.

I was wondering if the Browns would be able to send McCoy to Houston or Dallas for a 5th, 6th or 7th Rd Pick... Thoughts?

they received no offers when he was on the block. so we're not getting picks for him, and he's worth more to us (only us) than a late round pick at this point. i'd rather cut wallace, recoup that 2 mil and see who hits waivers after cuts.

If anything, the Browns might get a conditional 6th for Colt. Clayton was on ESPN yesterday and said just about every other team in the NFL has addressed the backup QB position, so Colt's trade value is near zero.

I agree with Choco, Colt has more value as a backup qb than any conceivable trade we might get for him. He knows the system and is EDIT: 75% cheaper to keep around than Wallace.

PS to PG: Colt does not have the arm to beat people deep. Read Pluto's article on cleveland.com if you don't believe me. That's from an opposing AFC North trusted source.

Finally- I believe it was Holmgren (might have been Heckert) who said our WRs are OK, they just dropped too many passes, that's why we didn't prioritize the position in the draft. Really H&H? If so, you must be the only guys in the NFL who believe that.

Now Wallace is fucking terrified of being cut so he is saying that he is more than willing to mentor Weeden. So last year he felt he had a chance to start and wouldn't help McCoy but now that a 1st round QB was drafted and either him or McCoy are scheduled to be released he wants to finally be a team member.

Now Wallace is fucking terrified of being cut so he is saying that he is more than willing to mentor Weeden. So last year he felt he had a chance to start and wouldn't help McCoy but now that a 1st round QB was drafted and either him or McCoy are scheduled to be released he wants to finally be a team member.

Wallace is gaining a "teamwork" mentality? Even if it's sincere, which I don't believe, it's too little, too late.......Bye!

We are finally putting more pieces in place & some of the mediocre or even sub standard players we have tolerated better get off their high horses.

Mike

yeah and really?? did brett favre 'mentor' aaron rodgers?

when it comes down to it that's a coaches job. and if holmgren was half the fuggin QB czar that everyone (including himself) thinks he is, why doesn't he throw a whistle around his neck and put a clipboard in his hands?

you know why? cuz he's too fat and unhealthy to stand on the sidelines for any amount of time. looks like he's ready to blow a gasket at anytime....that's why he needs a golf cart with a driver to ride around in.

wonder if the driver could find his way to krispy kreme donuts blindfolded?

Mentor this.

What are we paying Whipple, Cromwell, Childress and Shurmur for? Coach him.

The backup should be a dude that can win football games when called upon. Neither McCoy or Wallace have been good at that in their career yet. Let them compete for the job and cut the loser outright.

The third string guy should be an unknown prospect with upside ... Lewis is perfect.

Weeden needs to start from Day One and the backups need to backups and not competition nor mentors.

Zombo

Archived