THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Grade: C

Butler Browns

Richardson, Miller and Schwartz were good picks. All can start from day one. Weeden was decent. He'll be the starter after three games.

Other than those guys... meh... <_<

So how far back were you expecting to get starters. i get people being down on the Hughes pick and I understand people being down on not getting a wr earlier. But I don't blame Heckert and none of us know where Hughes was rated on other teams. Heckert was in the part of the draft where you ignore need all together go go BPA. He took his BPA and some of his late round picks (Johnson and Acho) I think are gems and Smelley is going to be with the team for a long time.

I give them a B to B+

with 13 picks we shoulda walked out the door with at least 5 solid starters all at positions of need.

fell for minnie's bluff, drafted a rb at 3 (???????) a future clipboard holder, had a chance at a top tier WR and OL and whiffed on both.............

this draft is shit and anyone who thinks it wasn't is just plain DUMB.

with 13 picks we shoulda walked out the door with at least 5 solid starters all at positions of need.

fell for minnie's bluff, drafted a rb at 3 (???????) a future clipboard holder, had a chance at a top tier WR and OL and whiffed on both.............

Not fair to the Browns. Starting RB. Starting QB, Starting RT. Starting Guard (more than likely). WR has a good shot at starting in the slot. So there is your five (arguably).

And on top of that all, with 13 picks (before we gave up our 4th, 5th, and 7th rounders [which we had multiple picks in all but 5]), we had 6 picks from after the 4th round. How many Tom Brady's are there in every draft? /Hypothetical

We pulled 5 potential starters from this draft... Richardson, Weeden, shwartz, miller, and smelley. One of which is at the most important position on the field and has the skills to be really good.

We also got some very solid and much needed depth along the defensive line and with a very late pick we grabbed a defensive back with huge upside.

Also teams rarely get 5 solid starters from one draft. So if these guys turn out to be "solid" starters in 3 years we are going to look at the draft like it was the best draft we ever had. And aside from the starters you are overlooking the depth we added.

The perfect draft from their perspective would have been Richardson at 3, Wright at 22, and Weedon in round 2. I am surprised they traded up but they obviously felt it was necessary. This perhaps made them reluctant to trade up from 22 to ensure they got Wright and, sure enough, he's gone at 20 to the Titans as some people predicted. So then, they pull the trigger on Weedon at 22. Could have gone with WR Jenkins at 22 and taken a chance on Weeden in the second round, but they really wanted this QB.

If I were H&H, I would not have traded to the number 2 spot - threatening Minni that I would take Kalil. But if they did trade it and Richardson was gone, I would have taken Blackmon and Martin in the first round. If Richardson did fall, then I move up to take Wright.

I would not have taken a QB in the second round and address it next year if Colt does not improve. I would have selected Jonathan Martin OT.

But it's all a mute point. I think it's a B draft for the Browns unless Weedon is really a franchise QB, in which case, it's an A+ draft. Time will tell. I give them full credit for "going for it" and let's see if their talent evaluation is as good as they say it is.

One last note, I would hold on to Colt and let them compete a little bit for the job.

and now begins the cleveland fans talking themselves into believing they had a good draft.

across the board for every analysis i've seen so far you guys are being graded at a dead even C. i've seen as high as B and as low as D+, but the majority rate your draft a C.

now that dosen't mean you haven't improved your team or that you didn't get your "5 starters" you were looking for, but lets be honest......it's not saying much.

most guys in the NFL could be an improvement to the clowns at the position they play.

you'd have been graded alot better if you hadn't let the vikes give you the 10ft long 4inch wide splinter ridden shaft up the pooper to get richardson (couldn't you have just been happy with blackman?) when he'd have almost 100% been there for your pick. and then you go and waste your 2nd pick on weedon who by almost everyone's opinion was a reach and would have been available for your 2nd round pick.

decent later round picks, but ruined by 1st round idiocracy.

and now begins the cleveland fans talking themselves into believing they had a good draft.

across the board for every analysis i've seen so far you guys are being graded at a dead even C. i've seen as high as B and as low as D+, but the majority rate your draft a C.

now that dosen't mean you haven't improved your team or that you didn't get your "5 starters" you were looking for, but lets be honest......it's not saying much.

most guys in the NFL could be an improvement to the clowns at the position they play.

you'd have been graded alot better if you hadn't let the vikes give you the 10ft long 4inch wide splinter ridden shaft up the pooper to get richardson (couldn't you have just been happy with blackman?) when he'd have almost 100% been there for your pick. and then you go and waste your 2nd pick on weedon who by almost everyone's opinion was a reach and would have been available for your 2nd round pick.

decent later round picks, but ruined by 1st round idiocracy.

Yeah because we gave up atlanta's 4th rounder and a 5 and 7, even though we had multiple picks in those rounds. Also we got Weeden with Atlanta's 1st. So at the end of the day Atlanta has pretty much gave us a upgraded at qb and ammo to draft the best rb in the draft and Greg little, yeah you can say we got fleeced, look at the big picture asses.

Ok mister "half-empty" go take some prozac and ask the nurse to tie your jacket straighter.

Richardson, Miller and Schwartz were good picks. All can start from day one. Weeden was decent. He'll be the starter after three games.

Other than those guys... meh... <_<

So a draft that nets you 4 starters is rated a C??

You're kidding, right??

I would be willing to bet that most of the people on this board don't always agree with the "draft gurus" analysis of the individual player in the draft, so why would anyone here put any stock in a grade that would be based partially on that analysis? I watch Ohio State and have a pretty good idea what thos guys are about, but not the rest of the country.

with 13 picks we shoulda walked out the door with at least 5 solid starters all at positions of need.fell for minnie's bluff, drafted a rb at 3 (???????) a future clipboard holder, had a chance at a top tier WR and OL and whiffed on both.............this draft is shit and anyone who thinks it wasn't is just plain DUMB.

With your obviously impressive ability to see into the future, you must be in high demand to run every NFL team. Damn, you must have a heavy burden being a know-it-all.

Draft netted 4 starters????? That's a whole lot of wishfull thinking. As it stands today its one legit starter, then a whole lot of hoping that Weeden, Schwarts, and (not sure whose being counted as a starter) actually pan out. Unless we aren't talking about legit starters, rather just guys who happen to end up starting because there is no other option.

Draft netted 4 starters????? That's a whole lot of wishfull thinking. As it stands today its one legit starter, then a whole lot of hoping that Weeden, Schwarts, and (not sure whose being counted as a starter) actually pan out. Unless we aren't talking about legit starters, rather just guys who happen to end up starting because there is no other option.

very true.

richardson was a good pick, it was sullied with the fact that you gave up picks you didn't have to since he'd have been available anyway, but a good player if not a great pick.

everyone else? not even close to sure things. your new QB (you hope) could retire of old age before he playes his 6th year with you (f'ing hilarious) and you picked him a round early.

whoever said the browns draft was dominated by fear was correct..........and making decisions because you're afraid of what another team is gonna do is just no way to run an organization.

Sorry Mic, but I disagree with you on this.

This is what was said the first draft, and last years draft. Look it sucks losing, but the team that was inherited by the front office was IMO the worst in the league. Outside of MAYBE 3-4 guys everyone on that roster would have struggled to be on another one and I mean that seriously. In two years in the picks that matter the most (1st and 2nd round), Heckert has nailed them minus Hardesty. Haden, Ward, Little, Sheard, Taylor and Trich are great football players. Holmgren thought he could get a steal in McCoy and he wasn't good enough. Holmgren knew that going into the draft and got a QB with top ten talent. Yea, I won't argue he might have been there at 37. But guess what? In two years if he's throwing for 4,000 yards and 25-30 TD's I doubt anyone is gonna say shucks I wish we would have waited to get that guy! Do I know if that's gonna happen? No, no i don't but it doesn't take a genius to get what I'm saying

Rome wasn't built in a day. The reason I've been so negative on this organization is because they kept making excuses for lousy QB play. We finally have grabbed a solid talent at the position. So let stupid, misinformed people say our draft sucks and we'll keep getting 4-5 starters out of them.

very true.

richardson was a good pick, it was sullied with the fact that you gave up picks you didn't have to since he'd have been available anyway, but a good player if not a great pick.

everyone else? not even close to sure things. your new QB (you hope) could retire of old age before he playes his 6th year with you (f'ing hilarious) and you picked him a round early.

whoever said the browns draft was dominated by fear was correct..........and making decisions because you're afraid of what another team is gonna do is just no way to run an organization.

It's really hard to take a guy who calls himself steeler fag seriously on anything. Do you honestly believe any browns fans care what steeler fag thinks about our draft?

You cannot grade a draft until the guys play, maybe even for a couple years.

The philosophy of what H&H did is rock-solid. There is every reason to believe that these picks will be as good, if not better than anoyone else's frist 2 picks.

WHo the hell was kissing Belichik's ass for taking Brady at the time? Too many variables to be grading ANY draft. On principle.......... the logic of this draft is dead ass solid.

I agree 100%. No one, not even the so called ESPN & NFL Network "experts" KNOW for sure what may happen on the field. I really like what they did in this draft & my grade is.....WS...that means is, "We'll see".

Ghoolie, I really liked the Brady line...poor Bill was probably getting cursed when he passed over higher rated players for him.

Mike

It is going to be hard to teach Weeden to run a pro offense.

All I'll say beyond that, is all hail John Hughes! Ha! I hope he'll make an impact as a run stopper. I like an underdog.

I also hope for the FO's life's sake, the other picks they have, perform well and the WR corps are improved. I'm not impressed with Weeden.

whata douche

It is going to be hard to teach Weeden to run a pro offense.

All I'll say beyond that, is all hail John Hughes! Ha! I hope he'll make an impact as a run stopper. I like an underdog.

I also hope for the FO's life's sake, the other picks they have, perform well and the WR corps are improved. I'm not impressed with Weeden.

I agree that he will need to take more time to learn the system than QB's who ran a pro system in college but in all fairness he ran the WCO at the Senior Bowl and he did good with it.

go fuck yourself, little punk bitch.

you don't like other people's opinions? well then you're doing the wrong thing by being here.

Settle down Mic, you don't need to talk like that even if his comment was immature...5 starters a draft is a bit unrealistic. 1-2 is a solid draft. We got 3 for sure, and maybe 2 other....that FB might start and Marcic(sp) gets cut....so hey, maybe we did get the 5.

They may not be the guys you wanted, but the first 3 picks start day 1 unless they get hurt in camp. Bank it.

Archived