THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Grade: C

Butler Browns

and now begins the cleveland fans talking themselves into believing they had a good draft.

across the board for every analysis i've seen so far you guys are being graded at a dead even C. i've seen as high as B and as low as D+, but the majority rate your draft a C.

now that dosen't mean you haven't improved your team or that you didn't get your "5 starters" you were looking for, but lets be honest......it's not saying much.

most guys in the NFL could be an improvement to the clowns at the position they play.

you'd have been graded alot better if you hadn't let the vikes give you the 10ft long 4inch wide splinter ridden shaft up the pooper to get richardson (couldn't you have just been happy with blackman?) when he'd have almost 100% been there for your pick. and then you go and waste your 2nd pick on weedon who by almost everyone's opinion was a reach and would have been available for your 2nd round pick.

decent later round picks, but ruined by 1st round idiocracy.

Steelers draft grade: C- Probably got one good OL

very true.

richardson was a good pick, it was sullied with the fact that you gave up picks you didn't have to since he'd have been available anyway, but a good player if not a great pick.

everyone else? not even close to sure things. your new QB (you hope) could retire of old age before he playes his 6th year with you (f'ing hilarious) and you picked him a round early.

whoever said the browns draft was dominated by fear was correct..........and making decisions because you're afraid of what another team is gonna do is just no way to run an organization.

There is no such thing as a sure thing anywhere that has ever been drafted. Go back and look at the #1 overall picks through the years. About a 50% bust rate.

As for "fear", the Browns did exactly what the Steelers did: drafted for need.

Steelers need OL and a NT, that is what they took.

So, I guess if the Browns drafted out of fear, so did the Steelers.

(as there is little doubt that right now the Steelers are looking at being at best the 3rd best team in the division)

Archived