THE BROWNS BOARD

Junior Seau Dead

I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

I read somewhere recently that a staggering 78% of NHL and NFL athletes post retirement go bankrupt. It's possible he was hard up for cash and in the gutter. Who knows honestly but this is crazy.

Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

Why would he kill himself for cash. Life insurance policies are void on suicide.

I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

I'll wait for ESPN.

Since ESPN is the pinnacle of reporting? ESPN is actually pretty terrible honestly. I'd say at this point it's pretty much confirmed that he's gone.

Wouldn't happen to most of them if they would wear a raincoat... Warren Sapp is another that has no money left because he shelling out about 30-40k a month in child support payments.

Idiots.

I wasn't implying that he committed suicide for cash. It's possible he was dead broke and in the gutter, therefore heinously depressed considering his previous lifestyle. He then tragically took his own life as a direct result. Who knows at this point.

Shut up, Homo, your housekeeper doesn't find you when you are dead broke and in the gutter.

No one knows why, everyone is going to speculate.

I can tell you one thing, the guy had a hard time living without football. Remember when he "retired" all crying and shit and then signed with the Patriots 4 days later? He couldn't give it up. Ended up signing 4 one-year contracts with the Patriots, finally leaving for good in 2010.

If you were in the NFL 3 seasons ago after a 18 year all-pro career you aren't "broke and in the gutter", that's for sure.

Zombo

He has had a couple of incidents lately dealing with his domestic situation. I don't recall exactly if he was charged with domestic violence, or if his wife left...or if he is getting a divorce, or what.

In fact, I think this may not have been his first suicide attempt. He actually ran his car off a cliff earlier....and said he fell asleep at the wheel.

Hell of a player. Saw pretty much his entire career, all the way back to high school. He went to the high school in the next city and we played them every year. The team sucked but there was no doubt that he was a stud back then.

who shoots himself in the chest?

My first thought as well...

And we think we live for football...

Archived