THE BROWNS BOARD

40 Of The Most Powerful Photographs Ever Take

You're not a liberal? What are you then? What issues do you consider yourself conservative on?

I don't think I have very liberal views about the economy...

But, I mean, on issues like abortion and gay marriage and stuff I just choose the common sense answer. If that happens to be the liberal view then so be it.

Basically I am not going to run around and choose the conservative view on everything or the liberal view on anything or just follow one party's view on everything or some shit like that. I'll make my own decisions and see where the chips fall. In this case, if you average everything out I'd probably be a little liberal though

Yep, real men hold grudges on an entire nationality while simultaneously calling them a racial slur...

It's not really a racial slur though, is it, engineer? Is Japanese a race? It's more national slur. That's like saying calling Germans krauts is a racial slur.

The japanese back then were ruthless especially as they were capturing neighboring pacific island nations. My parents were Dutch colonists in Batavia (Jakarta) Indonesia. They were teenagers at the time, and watched their parents, specifically the men first - gathered up and put to work in slave camps and road/bridge building or also serving as death marches. Then the rest of the families spent the duration of the Jap rule in concentration camps.

So yes, there are JUSTIFIED reasons to feel the way that says "never forgive the japanese" But it is a bygone era, and I agree with you Cysco, the overlooking of such history is indeed the " pussification of todays metrosexuals" :lol:

It's not really a racial slur though, is it, engineer? Is Japanese a race? It's more national slur. That's like saying calling Germans krauts is a racial slur.

I was going to edit that after I posted it, but I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Regardless it is offensive. Don't get caught up on my wording. If you want to respond focus on why it is ok to hold this grudge and why it is ok to insult so many people

The japanese back then were ruthless especially as they were capturing neighboring pacific island nations. My parents were Dutch colonists in Batavia (Jakarta) Indonesia. They were teenagers at the time, and watched their parents, specifically the men first - gathered up and put to work in slave camps and road/bridge building or also serving as death marches. Then the rest of the families spent the duration of the Jap rule in concentration camps.

So yes, there are JUSTIFIED reasons to feel the way that says "never forgive the japanese" But it is a bygone era, and I agree with you Cysco, the overlooking of such history is indeed the " pussification of todays metrosexuals" :lol:

Never forgive the the Wampanoag, Narragansett and Nimpuck Indians

Never forgive the French

Never forgive the French

Never forgive the British

Never forgive the Cherokee and Shawnee

Never forgive the Cherokee and Iroquois

Never forgive the Canadians

Never forgive the French

Never forgive the Moroccans and Algerians

Never forgive the British, Shawnee, Iroquois

Never forgive the Creek Indians

Never forgive the Mexicans

Never forgive the Southern Americans (Confederacy)

Never forgive the Sioux

Never forgive the Spanish

Never forgive the Germans, Italians, Hungarians, Austrians

Never forgive the Germans, Italians and Japanese

Never forgive the North Koreans, Chinese

Never forgive the North Vietnamese

Never forgive the Cubans

Never forgive the Iraqis

It's ok to hold grudges against countries that attacked you with the intent of conquering your country much like they did to vast tracts of numerically superior China and then waged a war of attrition on you until absolutely forced into submission at the point of the sword as it were, commiting some really barbaric and horrific atrocities along the way.

I mean, the American Indians still hold a grudge against America don't they? Should they just forget about it, all is forgiven? In that, vapor is correct.

Never forgive the the Wampanoag, Narragansett and Nimpuck Indians

Never forgive the French

Never forgive the French

Never forgive the Cherokee and Shawnee

Never forgive the Cherokee and Iroquois

Never forgive the Canadians

Never forgive the French

Never forgive the Moroccans and Algerians

Never forgive the British, Shawnee, Iroquois

Never forgive the Creek Indians

Never forgive the Mexicans

Never forgive the Southern Americans (Confederacy)

Never forgive the Sioux

Never forgive the Spanish

Never forgive the Germans, Italians, Hungarians, Austrians

Never forgive the Germans, Italians and Japanese

Never forgive the North Koreans, Chinese

Never forgive the North Vietnamese

Never forgive the Cubans

Never forgive the Iraqis

Of all those you listed only two that I know of can be accused if directly attacking America with the intent to conquer so that's just a knee jerk post.

I was going to edit that after I posted it, but I didn't think it would be a big deal.

Regardless it is offensive. Don't get caught up on my wording. If you want to respond focus on why it is ok to hold this grudge and why it is ok to insult so many people

The big deal is that one would make you a racist and the other a nation hater. It's a big difference. The insult to so many people was and should still be pearl harbor. Should we forgive al-qaeda or do we wait a couple years yet?

The big deal is that one would make you a racist and the other a nation hater. It's a big difference. The insult to so many people was and should still be pearl harbor. Should we forgive al-qaeda or do we wait a couple years yet?

Ok dude, fine. Don't trust any Japanese person you ever meet. Glare at them from a distance. Talk poorly about them behind their back. I don't care any more.

Cool, dude. I'm part Filipino, so you're preaching to the "My ancestors have been abused by the Japanese" choir. Even had some relatives who helped liberate American POW's in this raid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_at_Cabanatuan.

Should they just forget about it, all is forgiven? In that, vapor is correct.

Well, if you never forgive them, that means that you're stuck in the past. I think when entire cultures get that sort of mindset, you end up with a clusterfuck (see African tribal warfare, gang warfare in the U.S., or the entire Middle East).

Ok dude, fine. Don't trust any Japanese person you ever meet. Glare at them from a distance. Talk poorly about them behind their back. I don't care any more.

There's things to admire about the Japanese. I don't hate them. If you're a technology guy they're goddamn geniuses with that, I just don't forgive their past behaviour. You are so black and white. I suspect that should fade some with age.

There's things to admire about the Japanese. I don't hate them. If you're a technology guy they're goddamn geniuses with that, I just don't forgive their past behaviour. You are so black and white. I suspect that should fade some with age.

I'm black and white?!

This is coming from the person that said "Never forgive the japs "

I'm black and white?!

This is coming from the person that said "Never forgive the japs "

Exactly. Forgive and hate and mistrust are three different things. I never said I hated the japs, I love their toys. I respect their spirit, and the traditional samurai culture. You don't seem to be able to compartmentalize these seperate things. You think in only black and white.

Exactly. Forgive and hate and mistrust are three different things. I never said I hated the japs, I love their toys. I respect their spirit, and the traditional samurai culture. You don't seem to be able to compartmentalize these seperate things. You think in only black and white.

fine. Whatever.

This obviously isn't going to go anywhere so there is no point in continuing.

Archived