THE BROWNS BOARD

This May Be Stupid, But

Okay...so I have read enough of people bad mouthing this defense. All we hear is how bad they are yet, as already stated, they were a top 10 defense in total yardage. The excuse has been made that the low yardage is due to teams getting great field position and not having to go far to score. If that is so, then explain the fact that the Browns had the #5 scoring defense. Only 4 teams in the league gave up fewer ppg last season. Bottom line is that the defense was very good...and would have been even better if the offense would have allowed them a little breathing room. It seemed like the D was always on the field. If, and it is a big if, Weeden is the franchise QB he is touted to be, then the offense should have more time on the field and will make the defense even better this year...although the loss of Taylor will hurt for sure. I am not predicting playoffs, but this team really should be a lot better than what we have suffered through lately.

Okay...so I have read enough of people bad mouthing this defense. All we hear is how bad they are yet, as already stated, they were a top 10 defense in total yardage. The excuse has been made that the low yardage is due to teams getting great field position and not having to go far to score. If that is so, then explain the fact that the Browns had the #5 scoring defense. Only 4 teams in the league gave up fewer ppg last season. Bottom line is that the defense was very good...and would have been even better if the offense would have allowed them a little breathing room. It seemed like the D was always on the field. If, and it is a big if, Weeden is the franchise QB he is touted to be, then the offense should have more time on the field and will make the defense even better this year...although the loss of Taylor will hurt for sure. I am not predicting playoffs, but this team really should be a lot better than what we have suffered through lately.

The pass defense and points allowed were so low because our opponents didn't need to pass or score a lot to beat us. The game plan against us was pretty simple, run the ball and make our offense beat you. I believe our run defense was ranked 30th last year and the offense speaks for itself. Until our offense can put points on the board and force opposing offenses to actually throw the ball, we'll never know if our defense is elite/top 10.

post per day average: .48 gafshiet

And yet, you stink up our this forum with most all your posts.

You are probly' so proud....

Archived