THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Signs

KentLife

Yo, this is it though, in a few more days T-3300 will sign and then Weeden will sign and then the commish can sign the superbowl trophy over to the Browns.

The Browns just went into BEASTMODE yo! This cat Gordon will be like a putty, he's so young and raw, but he is just prototype material to be shaped into a killing machine. 6'10" wingspan!@!@ - This kid can could almost hit his head on a basketball rim... that's 10' tall~ If you take his wingspan and cut it in half, that's 3'5", then minus some for the body between his arms...I don't know- but he could probably get like TWELVE AND A HALF FEET INTO THE AIR!!!!

Yo!!! Greg Little is a bad dude, BUT, put Gordon on one side and Little on the other and... it's gonna take the top off the defense... This means that Trent is going to be matched up 1-on-1 for a TD! I don't know about you but I've got my money on Richardson to win that fight DAMN NEAR EVERYTIME!

I'm soo freaking HYPED UP right now and I wish the Fucking Eagles Game Was on TONIGHT.

I'm feeling like our main weapons are going to be:

Trent Richardson

Josh Gordon

Greg Little

Jordan Cameron

Josh Cribbs

Colt McCoy

Okay I get it! Everybody wants to see WEEDMAN do his thing. I just have an inkling suspicion that the FO is going to due their due-diligence with Colt McCoy and SEE if the young man is indeed a Franchise QB. They know everything that we know and a whole lot more. They are the ones that truely know that it's hard to evaluate his ability with the team surrounding Colt last year. The circumstances and happenings of offseason labor talks, shortend training opportunities in which to teach the young players new and intricate playbooks and technically different offensive schemes. If they can find a Franchise QB in either Colt McCoy or Brandon Weeden the Browns FO will be estatic.

It's been YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR... They don't care who it is, as long as he is on OUR ROSTER. Maybe Colt's mobility and run making abilities coupled with good blocking and a runningback that strikes fear into defenses will really open up everything. It's like pandora's box or something... I've been saying it for a long time though, it's all about catching that magical moment in time, when it's your time, history writes itself. This could be our very year in which to win it all.

'I can feel it coming in the air tonight', can't you?

This could be Colt. If he wants it that bad and wins, he wins it.

I wonder what number Gordon is going to wear? Colt has 12, but I'm sure if they get rid of Colt soon (which I hope they don't) he'll wear 12.

He is a wide receiver. He needs to wear a number in the 80s. Since 3s are wild (BW3, TR33) make it 83.

What if he wore 13? Then we'd have 3, 13, 23, 33, and 43 locked down by awesome players.

Thirteen is taken. Here are the wearers of all the "3" numbers:

3 Brandon Weeden

13 Rod Windsor

23 Joe Haden

33 Trent Richardson

43 TJ Ward

53 Garth Gerhart

63 Jake Anderson

73 Joe Thomas

83 Bert Reed

93 John "The Sausage King" Hughes

Yo, this is it though, in a few more days T-3300 will sign and then Weeden will sign and then the commish can sign the superbowl trophy over to the Browns.

The Browns just went into BEASTMODE yo! This cat Gordon will be like a putty, he's so young and raw, but he is just prototype material to be shaped into a killing machine. 6'10" wingspan!@!@ - This kid can could almost hit his head on a basketball rim... that's 10' tall~ If you take his wingspan and cut it in half, that's 3'5", then minus some for the body between his arms...I don't know- but he could probably get like TWELVE AND A HALF FEET INTO THE AIR!!!!

Yo!!! Greg Little is a bad dude, BUT, put Gordon on one side and Little on the other and... it's gonna take the top off the defense... This means that Trent is going to be matched up 1-on-1 for a TD! I don't know about you but I've got my money on Richardson to win that fight DAMN NEAR EVERYTIME!

I'm soo freaking HYPED UP right now and I wish the Fucking Eagles Game Was on TONIGHT.

Easy on the caffeine dude...

Or your choice of upper...

I do applaud this team's push to add potential playmakers onto the team. It seems a little out of the ordinary around here (which is probably a good thing). BUT, you have to remember the key word is POTENTIAL. It's exciting to see some talented young guys come to Cleveland, but don't set expectations too high just yet. We don't need to be booing all of our 1st & 2nd rounders in the home opener if we don't come out and dominate.

This team is starting to look like a 6 to 9 win team. Hard to predict anything more accurate b/c most of these guys on offense haven't played a snap in the NFL. But who knows, if the ball bounces our way a couple times, we might end up on the higher end of that range.

Go Browns!!!!

Your FO is good. They don't even have all their 2012 draft picks signed and they already have one from 2013 inked. :P

nice.

hey we can either cry the blues or act as though we are the baddest MFers on the block.

didn't like this past years draft after the first three picks. hope they are all that they are touted to be.

how about these other guys that we've expected to step up at the WR position in the last couple of years. can the real carlton mitchell pleez stand up? little undoubtedly will be our #1 followed by massaqua, mitchell/norwood and maybe gordon could top both of them if he can buy some weed blocking anabolic enzyme (or whatever it's called).

that with TR and hopefully matured cameron @TE could spell probs for our opponents defense.

let's just get thru training camp without any major injuries.

He is a wide receiver. He needs to wear a number in the 80s. Since 3s are wild (BW3, TR33) make it 83.

Come on Gip- you should know better than that- they let receivers wear numbers in the teens now. Remember Butterfingers Braylon #17?

Come on Gip- you should know better than that- they let receivers wear numbers in the teens now. Remember Butterfingers Braylon #17?

What they allow and what they should do are two different things. For most of my life WRs were required to wear numbers in the 80s. Why did that need to change?

(I think it was because some team ended up retiring the numbers of any half way decent player they had on their team and ran out of 80s numbers) Single digit and teen numbers were reserved for QBs and Kickers.

What they allow and what they should do are two different things. For most of my life WRs were required to wear numbers in the 80s. Why did that need to change?

(I think it was because some team ended up retiring the numbers of any half way decent player they had on their team and ran out of 80s numbers) Single digit and teen numbers were reserved for QBs and Kickers.

Yup Gip, that's exactly what happened.

I'm probably in the minority on this one....but I kinda like watching college games and seeing linebackers or DB's with single digit numbers. It's kinda cool seeing numbers all over the place. I want to see a QB with the number 91 at some point in a college game.

I'm probably in the minority on this one....but I kinda like watching college games and seeing linebackers or DB's with single digit numbers. It's kinda cool seeing numbers all over the place. I want to see a QB with the number 91 at some point in a college game.

Otto wore #60 for a long time.

Galen Fiss was what, #34??

College numbers can be all over the place. In the pros however I like the old numbering system.

QBs/K singles or teens

DB/RBs 20s/30s/40s

LBs 50s

Centers/Guards 60s

DTs &OTs 70s

WRs/TEs 80s

DEs/DTs 90s

Lance Alworth wore 19 through his whole career.

He started in the AFL where it was allowed, when he came into the NFL they had to give him a special exemption to wear that number. They did the same with Jim Otto and his 00 number.

Otto's number had two significant aspect to it. Firt, it represented the first and last letter of his name O--O. Also, it is an "ottomottopeea" where a word sounds like what it is.

If you say Aught-Oh 00 you know

Onomatopoeia

He started in the AFL where it was allowed, when he came into the NFL they had to give him a special exemption to wear that number. They did the same with Jim Otto and his 00 number.

Otto's number had two significant aspect to it. Firt, it represented the first and last letter of his name O--O. Also, it is an "ottomottopeea" where a word sounds like what it is.

If you say Aught-Oh 00 you know

Onomatopoeia

That I didn't know (about Alworth getting special exemption). It clears that up a lot.

FWIW, I did some research, and the rule change allowing receivers to wear in the teens was passed in 2004. I was confused though about Alworth.

First, I was wrong. He was 35.

He was a linebacker. Played the game of his life in the 64 championship game. He was all over the place. The team captain led the charge.

Archived