THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Signs

KentLife

First, I was wrong. He was 35.

He was a linebacker. Played the game of his life in the 64 championship game. He was all over the place. The team captain led the charge.

I thought he was like the strong safety. I know that Jim Houston and Vince Costello were starting LBs for the Browns that day. And you say Fis was the 3rd LB (no 3-4s in those days).

OK, so here would be the starting lineup for the Browns in 1964:

Defense:

Paul Wiggins LDE

Dick Modzewlewski LDT

Bill Glass RDE

Jim Kanicki RDT

Vince Costello MLB

Fiss RLB

Jim Houston LLB

Walter Beach RCB

Larry Benz LS

Bernie Parrish LCB

Ross Fichtner RS

Offense:

Frank Ryan QB

Ernie Green HB

Jim Brown FB

Gary Collins WR

Paul Warfield WR

Johnny Brewer TE

Dick Shafrath LT

Monte Clark RT

Gene Hickerson LG

John Morrow C

I am having some trouble with the Right Guard

Leroy Kelly and Walter Roberts were Kick/Punt returners

Groza the Kicker

Collins the punter

Bob Gain top backup on the DL

I thought he was like the strong safety. I know that Jim Houston and Vince Costello were starting LBs for the Browns that day. And you say Fis was the 3rd LB (no 3-4s in those days).

OK, so here would be the starting lineup for the Browns in 1964:

Defense:

Paul Wiggins LDE

Dick Modzewlewski LDT

Bill Glass RDE

Jim Kanicki RDT

Vince Costello MLB

Fiss RLB

Jim Houston LLB

Walter Beach RCB

Larry Benz LS

Bernie Parrish LCB

Ross Fichtner RS

Offense:

Frank Ryan QB

Ernie Green HB

Jim Brown FB

Gary Collins WR

Paul Warfield WR

Johnny Brewer TE

Dick Shafrath LT

Monte Clark RT

Gene Hickerson LG

John Morrow C

I am having some trouble with the Right Guard

Leroy Kelly and Walter Roberts were Kick/Punt returners

Groza the Kicker

Collins the punter

Bob Gain top backup on the DL

According to Pro Football Reference, Hickerson was the starting right guard and John Wooten the starting left guard that season. Not sure about that particular game.

Zombo

According to Pro Football Reference, Hickerson was the starting right guard and John Wooten the starting left guard that season. Not sure about that particular game.

Zombo

OK, Wooten was the one I couldn't recall. I couldn't recall if Hickerson was RG or LG.

For some reason I thought he played next to Schafrath. But, apparently, no.

In essence, Shaun Lauvao is the current successor to the Hall of Famer Hickerson. A lot to live up to.

Does anyone think perhaps Ryan Miller may step into that slot over Lauvao?

That would then mean possibly 5 rookie starters on offense this year if that happened.

OK, Wooten was the one I couldn't recall. I couldn't recall if Hickerson was RG or LG.

For some reason I thought he played next to Schafrath. But, apparently, no.

In essence, Shaun Lauvao is the current successor to the Hall of Famer Hickerson. A lot to live up to.

Does anyone think perhaps Ryan Miller may step into that slot over Lauvao?

That would then mean possibly 5 rookie starters on offense this year if that happened.

I think they really like Lauvao, and with 16 starts under his belt I expect him to keep the job. But we are finally getting enough depth that we can talk about backups as starters!

Zombo

I missed this if it was already posted on the board: (from Rotoworld)

"One NFL executive told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Browns supplemental rookie Josh Gordon possesses "Randy Moss-like talents."

Another called Gordon a "faster Brandon Marshall." Schefter acknowledges "major questions" about Gordon's maturity, determination, and decision making. The NFL clearly was high on Gordon's on-field ability, even if the Moss and Marshall comparisons are over the top. The Browns believe they've formed their three-wide set of the future with Gordon, Greg Little, and Travis Benjamin"

He doesn't seem to be an immature head case at all. Seems like a humble, growing up kid that will make the Browns proud to have taken a chance on him.

I missed this if it was already posted on the board: (from Rotoworld)

"One NFL executive told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Browns supplemental rookie Josh Gordon possesses "Randy Moss-like talents."

Another called Gordon a "faster Brandon Marshall." Schefter acknowledges "major questions" about Gordon's maturity, determination, and decision making. The NFL clearly was high on Gordon's on-field ability, even if the Moss and Marshall comparisons are over the top. The Browns believe they've formed their three-wide set of the future with Gordon, Greg Little, and Travis Benjamin"

He doesn't seem to be an immature head case at all. Seems like a humble, growing up kid that will make the Browns proud to have taken a chance on him.

shit with the right agents and spin doctors they could turn you into an obama supporter. HA!

bs.

I watched his interviews before and after. And, the Browns draft for character - everybody knows the Browns

do 14 tons of homework on their draftees. And the quote wasn't mine - read again.

Archived