THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Football 2012 Style

Browns57

Waivers

More importantly A waiver period

How about bringing forth that change this year Or let team owners vote to decide what they may or may not want

Instead of first come first serve on getting the best players..... lock all players as of 1 pm Sunday

and let teams put claims on players with the lower rated teams getting first crack or

if you use a waiver claim on a player you go to the bottom of the waiver list.

This from Yahoo New this year...

Game-time waivers in Fantasy Football

Description

What game-time waivers are, and how to change your waiver options

Resolution

Game-time waivers are a new waiver option in Fantasy Football, which work with both standard and FAAB waiver systems. Game-time waivers are now the default setting for all newly created leagues, public leagues, and pro leagues, though the other three waiver options are also available.

How game-time waivers work:

Each free agent will be placed on waivers as soon as their game begins each week.

Waived players will become available when the claim period ends at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday.

Players on a bye week will be placed on waivers at 5:30pm PT on Monday, which corresponds with the start time of the Monday night game.

Benched players, even if their game time has begun, may be dropped for any available free agent.

A comparison of waiver options:

Game Time: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

Sunday - Tuesday: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

First game of the week - Tuesday: All unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

None: No waiver is in place.

To set your league's waiver options (commissioners only):

Sign in to your Fantasy Football league.

Click the Commish Tools tab.

In the "League Management" section, click the Edit League Settings link.

Next to "Waiver Mode", change the setting to your preference.

At the bottom of the page, click Submit.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_FOOTUS&page=content&id=SLN7129

I would be open to adjusting league 5 to this if the majority wanted it, however I personally feel that people should pay attention to the league and pick up players who are available and up and coming, and whoever is released should be grabbed, first come first served. Why should a good team be punished become a crap team didn't draft well but wants the same player. I think it is more exciting without waivers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be open to adjusting league 5 to this if the majority wanted it, however I personally feel that people should pay attention to the league and pick up players who are available and up and coming, and whoever is released should be grabbed, first come first served. Why should a good team be punished become a crap team didn't draft well but wants the same player. I think it is more exciting without waivers.

It really isn't about the up and coming players on waivers

it is about the Tony Romo's who get hurt in the game and 2 minutes after the injury the backup QB

has just been picked up.

These aren't cutthroat cash leagues...... seems to me there would be a waiver system

that would benefit all concerned.

Ha! That's right you did ... then you got an invitation from Kathy in June. She needs to re-send it. I'm sure she will.

Zombo

--Did you get a trophy from Skippy and your name on the wall?

With all the ads on the main page it's starting to look like the outfield wall in Major League 2 after Roger Dorn started running out of money. "If any of you are in the need of a good proctologist, you should come down and check out the area around the 375 foot sign."

With all the ads on the main page it's starting to look like the outfield wall in Major League 2 after Roger Dorn started running out of money. "If any of you are in the need of a good proctologist, you should come down and check out the area around the 375 foot sign."

LOL, Roger Dorn, nice reference ... but it is informative, I just found out that the Cleveland Browns aren't willing to give Rams their No. 22 at this point.

Zombo

It really isn't about the up and coming players on waivers

it is about the Tony Romo's who get hurt in the game and 2 minutes after the injury the backup QB

has just been picked up.

These aren't cutthroat cash leagues...... seems to me there would be a waiver system

that would benefit all concerned. John

Okay, I'm not understanding this waiver thing - how is it different than now? @@

It means you could swtich qb's during a game when one gets hurt? Maybe that should

be automatic as soon as it sets a flag in the system - automatically pick up the other qb?

So is this open to all board members, even the relatively new ones. I'd like to get out of the political forum for a while

There's a bias in the scoring system towards Michigan fans, you wouldn't have a chance. But it is open to anyone, just remember no crying in football.....unless its fantasy.

So is this open to all board members, even the relatively new ones. I'd like to get out of the political forum for a while

It will much more peaceful. Hope you enjoy football for a change.

I was wondering if the forum was going to do the football pickem game or the survival pool game? I see they are up on Yahoo.

I was wondering if the forum was going to do the football pickem game or the survival pool game? I see they are up on Yahoo.

Yep, no rush on them because we can have unlimited particiapants and there is no draft day that needs to be secured.

I will do Pro Pickem and Survival if someone else wants to set up Yahoo College Pick'em.

Zombo

Yep, no rush on them because we can unlimited particiapants and there no draft day that needs to be secured.

I will do Pro Pickem and Survival if someone else wants to set up Yahoo College Pick'em.

Zombo

I will set up a College Pick'em game on Yahoo. What type game does everyone like, confidence picks, against the spread, top 25 games only, or the Yahoo 20 or so games to pick?

I personally like against the spread and the Yahoo 20 games

Yep, no rush on them because we can have unlimited particiapants and there is no draft day that needs to be secured.

Zombo

Looking forward to the Pro Pickem, never got my fantastic prize from last year however. :)

League 5 still has 3 openings

League ID#: 298412

League Name: Browns Board V

Password: beer

Custom League URL: http://football.fant...ue/brownsboard5

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Sat Sep 1 12:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 12

League ID#: 298412

League Name: Browns Board V

Password: beer

Custom League URL: http://football.fant...ue/brownsboard5