THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/eagles Preseason Game Thread

sisky fringo

Oh hi phili, would u like a touchdown?

Hardesty fumbles.

Hey You know what phili, heres another.

Blocked punt.

Play your cards right maybe we will give u another ;)

Turnovers are stopping an otherwise pleasantly suprising game from CLE, besides OL and montario Hardfumblesty

I feel like this 2012 team will be bad in the 1st qtr

Oh hi phili, would u like a touchdown?

Hardesty fumbles.

Hey You know what phili, heres another.

Blocked punt.

Play your cards right maybe we will give u another ;)

Turnovers are stopping an otherwise pleasantly suprising game from CLE, besides OL and montario Hardfumblesty

I feel like this 2012 team will be bad in the 1st qtr

They're gonna be bad all year if the o line continues to play like shit.

Weeden is looking like most other QB's we've had in the past: Running for their lives! NO team will succeed, I don't care if you have Aaron freaking Rogers back there, if the O-line consistently breaks down and doesn't give the QB enough time to access the play once it starts. What the F is it with this O-line over the years?

Weeds, unfortunately will look every bit of Colt McCoy if our O-line continues to play like pure dog SHI#.

Here's the reality:

1) The entire O-line got outplayed. They have some stuff to work on, including Weeden calling out protections better, and less dumb penalties.

2) B.Jax is better than Hardesty, all around. Hopefully Hardesty is only used as a spell back and we mostly see TRich and BJax this year.

3) Weeden played well under all the diress. He missed a wide open Little at one point and dropped 2 balls when sacked, but I only blame the second one on him and mostly it's bc he's a rookie and probably never been hit that hard.

4) Sheldon Brown is not a reliable option as our CB2. We need somebody to step up and take his spot away.

5) Ready for it...? Our WRs are pretty good! That's really the biggest shocker of all. Other than the dumb drop by Cameron, they had a decent game, nothing spectacular but lightyears ahead of the crap we saw last year.

6) Lastly, Shurmur looks like he has some control over his team and looks much more confident.

We have to play a LOT better if we want to see more than 4 wins this year. (period)

I love how Gordon has been progressing. He could be a real good player for us this year

Id rather see the reality of getting our asses kicked happen in the preseason. I didnt like the idea of winning out preseason when we clearly need work. Hopefully this will light a fire.

WHAT THE FUVK is the POINT in putting McCoy in a two minute drill situation when Weeden is the one who needs it the most? Shurmur needs to go.

Maybe he's tired of watching his 40 year old rookie QB get his brains beat in because of that sheet of kleenex masquerading as an offensive line

Thank god Seneca is gone. Still like Hardesty runs hard... O-Line is not to blame remember the coaches said it was the recievers and colts fault that Colt sucked so bad last year. Weeden really needs to be aware...he is like a split second from death everytime he throws the ball...rarely see him stepping up or to the side in the pocket...had 3 really lucky passes that could have been picks. Sad to see Carlton Mitchell go, really nice guy. Wouldn't be shocked to see us trade Weeden for a 3rd round pick from Jacksonville. All in all a good game. Nice run defense on a few plays very very poor coverage in the secondary...and thats with a rookie QB picking them apart back there...we never got tested last year, because our run defense stunk like 5 day old bloody rag.

Weeds, unfortunately will look every bit of Colt McCoy if our O-line continues to play like that

Yeah, you're right

Unknown.jpg

And who knows, maybe those geniuses they have running the medical program up there will trot Weeden back out there too after he's been fuckin lobotomized by whatever defense the O-line is letting through that week. I mean hell, if you don't have irreversible brain damage after the game, then obviously you weren't trying hard enough amirite??

your reading too much in this A) preseason game with week one opponent ... B- Oline will gel during the season and usually gets stronger as it goes... C) Weeden showing himself exactly as he is.. a rookie

Defense will be the hallmark of this team anyways til everything comes together on offense. JMHO....

I love how Gordon has been progressing. He could be a real good player for us this year

it's already showing he has the athleticism, speed, and quickness to get open against starters in the League...which is a big relief. smart young player with pretty good hands already too. if he keeps progressing like this (for a few years--needs tons of polish) it's possible he could have a long career in the NFL imho.

for right now to me ideally i'd like to see him continue to be lined up on the left as WR1 facing some 1st corners and gaining valuable exp. he'll most likely have a quiet year but if he and the QB can catch a couple DB's sleeping or out of position then opposing coaches will have some tape and maybe he'll start drawing coverages pulling safeties and allow Mo and Little to really exploit some opponents.

coaches may try to flip corners and put their #1 CB on Mo but they're still working opposite their main side and who's gonna put their CB1 in the slot if Little's there anyway?? to me Little still looks to be a tweener, avg against 1st corners but dominant against most CB2s...and so far i really like what he's done from the slot. ideal spot for him with his RB open field ability imho.

with Weeden throwing Mo looks like Housh to me, only without the physicality. maybe he would with Colt too--who has noticibly more zip on his passes this year and shows a greater command of the 2nd group than Weeden does with the starters--but with Colt with the second team i haven't seen the two connect in a game yet.

maybe Little and TRich can carry most of the load along with the TE's while Momass and Josh G are basically decoys? future of Reed, Benjamin, or even Cooper at WR2 if any surpass Mo...that's 6...with Cribbs and Norwood listed as returns on Specials there's room for everybody...except Evan Moore or Alex Smith, and that's if they keep 3. i like them all really, Cameron the least i guess, or maybe Gronk.

Carlton Mitchell had potential and i wish the guy well.....but seeing a poor man's Randy Moss J Gordon doing it out there raw and rusty helps me feel better about the Browns letting him go.

B Jax > Hardesty

A Thomas > Hardesty

Chris Ogbonaghpyeunoya > Hardesty

2012 Jamal Lewis > Hardesty

sorry Montario. do roids, beat ur sig other, drive drunk and kill a homeless guy, publicly crucify Cleveland...anything...ANYTHING but cough up the fucking ball. !! it's like bringing syphallis home to the wife, don't care what excuse you have...you...just...don't...do...it.

Id rather see the reality of getting our asses kicked happen in the preseason. I didnt like the idea of winning out preseason when we clearly need work. Hopefully this will light a fire.

totally agree.

Despite what some of the longer-posting trolls on this forum have said.. what we need is to invest in just O-line, D-line and QB. That's the recipe for success as followed by the Giants and Patriots - and every other good team in the playoffs last year.

The Ole blocks from the O-line yesterday piss me off.. that first-rounder had better be either OL or DL next year or I'm going to be angry some more. Note that most of the holding/blatant missing of the DL yesterday came from the low-round guards, not Mack/Thomas/Schwartz.

Despite what some of the longer-posting trolls on this forum have said.. what we need is to invest in just O-line, D-line and QB. That's the recipe for success as followed by the Giants and Patriots - and every other good team in the playoffs last year.

The Ole blocks from the O-line yesterday piss me off.. that first-rounder had better be either OL or DL next year or I'm going to be angry some more. Note that most of the holding/blatant missing of the DL yesterday came from the low-round guards, not Mack/Thomas/Schwartz.

yeah, but we can't keep drafting OL'men with the 1st pick until we have a solid 5 man starting lineup. No team does that.

I saw Schwartz get owned a lot. And Thomas didn't fair much better. Besides the fist drive, the entire line played like shit.

In the early 80's I was with Carol Santisi at a mid-December Browns home game. It was freezing but she gave me a handjob underneath our Browns Blanket.

If you are going to ne watching Browns football, especially at the game, if you want to guarantee enjoyment, go only to the live games late enough in the year so that fyou can look normal underneath a blanket. ALso, find you a girl like Carol Santisi.

Peace, out!

^ ^ unfortunately that usually only works for small dicks >> too much blanket movement = dead giveaway.

...although i used to know a gal who had supreme blanket skills that could pull it off >> ha!. she could smoke a cigarette at the same time with no show of vibrations and switch off hands without you even knowing it--no lie. a superb technique to have for the marathons, she coulda had a hall of fame career as a fluffer.

unsymp>>whuh?? trolls?!?!

damn we need a winning season (!). :D

Archived