THE BROWNS BOARD

Dome Our Home

Jibz

If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

But on the downside with a roof you can say goodbye to any rain / snow games and the outdoor atmosphere.

I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

Haslam said he's bringing in three of the nations top architect groups to evaluate the stadium.

If he decides to add a roof they'd still have to figure out how much of it would come out of Haslam's end (if any) , get the issue passed through the state and then vote on it if it were to be paid from tax dollars.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/261726/4/Cleveland-Council-brings-up-stadium-roof-in-Haslam-meeting

I think it'll all come down to if Haslam believes if it is profitable or not.

Correct, coz all he cares about is money.

He does not give a shit about you.

Yinz are all fucked, no matter what.

May I remind you that Haslam is a billionaire Steelers fan from Tennessee.

This is the worst possible combination.

At least the soccer fag was from Ohio.

Having yur team taken over by a Steelers fan from outta state is like having a black Muslim from Kenya as yur President.

Don't ever believe anything he says and stop sucking-up his lies:

LIE: He will keep the Browns in Cleveland. . . .

TRUTH: He will be first in line to move that team to a larger market. Yinz Browns fans are his customers right now. He is gonna lie to you for now to keep yinz buying tickets and jerseys.

LIE: He's gonna keep Holmgren and Shurmer.

TRUTH: He is just appeasing and calming the coaching staff just like he is calming the fans by saying he will keep da team in CLE.

And now he wants the taxpayers to build a dome?

Why not build a winning team instead?

Domes fuck teams up anyways.

Any of yinz old enough to remember when the Vikings had a home-field-advantage?

Dome teams are consistently soft in the post-season when they need to go to CHI, PIT, NE, GB, BAL . . . .

But I guess that does not matter for the Browns coz they watch the playoffs at home on the couch.

Having yur team taken over by a Steelers fan from outta state is like having a black Muslim from Kenya as yur President.

TRUTH: He will be first in line to move that team to a larger market. Yinz Browns fans are his customers right now. He is gonna lie to you for now to keep yinz buying tickets and jerseys.

TRUTH: He is just appeasing and calming the coaching staff just like he is calming the fans by saying he will keep da team in CLE.

Dome teams are consistently soft in the post-season when they need to go to CHI, PIT, NE, GB, BAL . . . .

But I guess that does not matter for the Browns coz they watch the playoffs at home on the couch.

You are a real tool. Go far into the hills of West Virginia (Hong Kong).

If you weigh the pros & cons I think it's favorable that they add a roof.

The possibility of a Super Bowl and most off season events are only possible with a roof.

If it helps them attract more events, then great. But don't use it for football.

Zombo

I am all in for a dome.

I can tailgate my ass off in rain, cold, and snow, but once I sit my ass down, I like climate controlled.....and so do you. It's why you whined about cold weather and talked about chicks in halter tops and pushed for a September "Big Game" tailgate.

The bad weather is our friend...and i hate playing football inside...that's why they made the arena league

Yeah it really has helped us so far. I don't get why people think harsh weather is an advantage. Both teams have to play in it. It comes down to who makes less mistakes just like any other game.

The people.

A community improvement comes from the people.

A domed stadium would be a big community improvement. It would be a gem on the lakefront....a year round attraction.

I was afraid that might be the answer. If we need to put a dome, then the product on the field has to improve and show that it is worth people's investment. Just My Opinion.

If it helps them attract more events, then great. But don't use it for football.

Zombo

Spoken by a true tough guy that watches all those December games at an outdoor tiki bar under palm trees.

It was bad enough sitting in the bitter weather during all the endless commercials. Now we are adding the instant replay reviews for challenges, TD's, and turnovers.

I don't think it will be practical to put a lid on the Stadium with the open corners design that we have. The result might be something that looks goofier than the remodeled Soldier Field (which looks like a spaceship landed inside of their stadium).

I agree with Ballpeen that it would be great for the community (and those of us that actually go to the games) to cap the building, but it is not going to happen.

Hey I'm as blue collar old fashioned kind of guy as anyone.. but.

If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

If building a retractable roof on the stadium means major type events possibly coming to my city and helping the economy and bringing more jobs then I'm all for it.

As far as leaving the roof opened for football regardless of the weather I'd like to see it like that but I just doubt that would happen.

I agree with this, get a roof but don't use it for football. Only use if it's a superbowl. Doubt it'd happen as well.

Thing is, I wonder how many years of holding events it would take to finally profit off of the roof?

It wouldn't be like that. It is my understanding the league has control over when stadiums are opened or closed.

Plus, it makes no sense to put on a roof, then sit in a cold freezing rain. No other way to put it....that's just stupid.

To Roach's point, no doubt something would have to be done with the open ends....maybe think out of the box....hotel rooms or condos....high end restaurants...lots of possibilities.

It's been said it might cost 150 mil to get it done properly.

My thinking is one Superbowl would cover that investment.

The city wants to develop that cost....well, a dome is a good starting point, and we already have the stadium part done.

I think it would be great. Right now it's used for 8 regular season games. A couple of college games. And a few local High School games. A dome would open up many possibilities. How long would it take to put a dome on the stadium? Where would we play our games while it was being done (if it took that long to do)?

I don't go to many games, in college/no money/travel distance, but I do make it to one every year just about.

Last year I went to the Jaguars game which wasn't bad, but a few years before that I went to the Jaguars game on January 3rd. it was like 3 degrees plus windchill put it down to like -10. That sucked. I will say I don't like domes. When I was on TV for instance the artificial lighting throws me off, don't know how it works out for the players. I think bad weather games even the playing field. A really bad team stands a pretty good chance against a really good team, I think it makes for a good game, although potentially boring (et al the shootout from the Browns and Bills in '09).

No dome. Cleveland people, from my understanding, are tough people and I just don't think a dome fits with the personality of the city.

First: Haslam is a fan of his money. The minute he bought into the Steelers he was looking to get rid of his investment and move on to bigger and better things. He didn't have any real emotional attachment to them. Hell, in reality he was a Cowboys fan.

Second: He will not be moving the Browns. They have 17 more years to go on their lease...and it is unbreakable and he knows it. The Steelers are more likely to move, considering they are likely to become irrelevent in a couple of years.

Third: I don't recall him ever promising to keep Holmgren and Shurmur. He is NOT married to them, and neither are we.

Fourth: I am sure he is primarily interested in building a winning team. But he is also an entrepreneur and if a roof on CBS can be accomplished, why not? I don't care if it happens or not, because it would only be a retractable roof that could be built on there...kinda like the Romans did with the Colosseum. He is only looking to maximize the uses for the stadium...and actually, it may not have even been his idea. Cleveland City Council asked him to come in and talk about it...and how it might fit in with a new Convention center.

Fifth: Having a dome didn't stop the Rams, Colts, Saints from winning the SB, or the Seahawks, Cardinals, Falcons from getting to it. It used to be an issue, but with the way the game is played now, not so much.

The people.

A community improvement comes from the people.

A domed stadium would be a big community improvement. It would be a gem on the lakefront....a year round attraction.

I'm neutral on the idea. Personally I have enough winter cycling\mountain climbing gear to keep me toasty in subzero weather and double digit negative wind chills. I have to say architects have done a far better job of late in the dome- retractable roof category. Ford Field and Lucas Oil are both OK.

I would seriously doubt Cleveland\ Cuyahoga County would want to pony up the $200 million- a more realistic guess- as to what it would cost to put a retractable roof on the place. To my mind, the biggest flaw in CBS is they wanted to keep the "feel" as similar as possible to the old place. This meant some ridiculously narrow walkways behind the stands. Widen those out by 100' and put your shops and walk in bars there. Gets too cold in December- head back there have a Hot Toddy and catch the rest of the game on the widescreen.

To me football was meant to be played outside. The ambiance of every dome I've ever been is like sitting in your living room, and "oh by the way there's a football game going on." If that floats your boat, why not just stay home and watch the game in your man cave? Climate controlled, and the beer is certainly a lot cheaper and more convenient to get to.

It was meant to be played outdoors because there was no other option....just saying.

Cleveland needs a covered facility.....lets quit kidding. It makes no sense at all to have this stadium sitting there more or less useless 6 months of the year, and the other half you still aren't going to attract the events that need a guaranteed dry space.

One Superbowl covers the cost to the community.

Add in a college Bowl game or two......why not??

I have all kinds of cold weather gear.....from my hunting days to my Browns days....but it is pretty nice to head to a heated environment for the game.

Alcohol chills you, contrary to popular opinion.....and Lord knows we do some of that :P

I don't go to many games, in college/no money/travel distance, but I do make it to one every year just about.

Last year I went to the Jaguars game which wasn't bad, but a few years before that I went to the Jaguars game on January 3rd. it was like 3 degrees plus windchill put it down to like -10. That sucked. I will say I don't like domes. When I was on TV for instance the artificial lighting throws me off, don't know how it works out for the players. I think bad weather games even the playing field. A really bad team stands a pretty good chance against a really good team, I think it makes for a good game, although potentially boring (et al the shootout from the Browns and Bills in '09).

No dome. Cleveland people, from my understanding, are tough people and I just don't think a dome fits with the personality of the city.

I don't go to games because...it's unpleasant. I love the Browns, but the drunken Retards make the game so terrible. I know it makes me sound like a little wuss, but I like enjoying the game comfortably, and that's not possible at CBS right now.

Archived