THE BROWNS BOARD

Dome Our Home

Jibz

It was meant to be played outdoors because there was no other option....just saying.

Cleveland needs a covered facility.....lets quit kidding. It makes no sense at all to have this stadium sitting there more or less useless 6 months of the year, and the other half you still aren't going to attract the events that need a guaranteed dry space.

One Superbowl covers the cost to the community.

Add in a college Bowl game or two......why not??

I have all kinds of cold weather gear.....from my hunting days to my Browns days....but it is pretty nice to head to a heated environment for the game.

Alcohol chills you, contrary to popular opinion.....and Lord knows we do some of that :P

'Peen, I understand where you're coming from- I really do. I'm not kidding- and we really don't. Let's take a look at things. Buffalo, New England, Cinci, Pittspuke, KC, Chicago, maybe NY, and Philly. Those are the remaining potential "cold weather" sites that don't have domes. I left off one on purpose- Green Bay, if you think the weather can get brutal on the shores of Lake Erie in December & January. Lambeau will NEVER- get a roof- at least in our lifetimes. And ditto that for the Bills, Bengals, Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, and Bears. Do we want to be a "Traditional" team, or just join the fashion parade?

The only cold weather team I give a pass to on a Dome is the Vikings. Funny how after they moved indoors, they've pretty much sucked. Even Bret Farve couldn't get them back to the Promised Land. Houston? It might rain? Pussies. Really, how many years would it take to recoup the $$$ on our investment? I'm not going to bother- but I you have a mind, go look up all the "special events" Indy and Detroit get out of having a Dome. And don't give me the NFL combine. Cleveland would have as much chance of prying that away as moving the Pro Bowl from Hawaii to the shores of Lake Erie.

The magic allure of a "Super Bowl" is an illusion. I would say Indy is pretty much unchanged after theirs. I'm going on 30 years season ticket seniority- will I be able to get a face value ticket if the Browns ever get there? I doubt it.

PS Regarding cold weather and alcohol, you're talking to Dr. Hoorta. Of course I knew that. Booze is a vasodialator, speeds up blood flow to your hands and feet that you're trying to keep warm, and it has the opposite effect. So? I was in the "pound" for Red Right 88- the Alaskan crew I had in tow said it was a bad idea to be doing shots of Jack on ice. Super cooled -50 booze (which won't freeze even at those temperatures up North) has been known to kill sourdoughs from spontaneous cardiac arrest when they chugged some coming into an unheated cabin in the dead of an Alaskan winter. I'll set up a warming hut for you guy. :)

Archived