THE BROWNS BOARD

Only The Browns Would Hire This Guy

beefjerky

Typically when a team hires a coach they hire an OC/DC from a team with recent success, what did the Browns do?

hire the guy who was at the helm of a 26-27th ranked offense and a 7-9 record in the weakest division(at the time, not sure about now) in the league.

I said it then, will say it now, Holmgren's hiring of Shurmur is a joke and came out of nowhere, was and still is a terrible coach. every play call is a short pass that never gets a first down. probably his buddy Bob Lamonte, who has the whole front office as his clients, came out and said "Hey Mike I like this guy Pat go get him, we're all gonna be rich!" as Holmgren is wiping off pizza grease.

I never thought someone would be worse at calling plays than Daboll until now, and the sad thing is that coaches have been getting worse after each hiring instead of better.

I will say I like Jauron as DC and Heckert is ok as GM, but the rest of the organization is a joke or a fraud, and Holmgren doesn't care about this team, all he cares about is the good ass food he gets every day on his plate and he's already looking at a nice retirement home to buy I'm sure.

nh5874751.jpg

When will the Browns get a competent head coach?

Shurmur had ties with the Eagles and the whole "tree."

I don't want to hire people because they came from a tree of success that happened in a different place. But we've done it twice in a row. First with the Patriots tree, now the Holmgrenn tree. It's stupid to think we can duplicate their successes without the same talent, lol.

Brad Childress calls the plays

No he doesn't, but I wish he did.

Shurmur had ties with the Eagles and the whole "tree."

I don't want to hire people because they came from a tree of success that happened in a different place. But we've done it twice in a row. First with the Patriots tree, now the Holmgrenn tree. It's stupid to think we can duplicate their successes without the same talent, lol.

I don't mind hiring off a tree if the person has a pedigree or a good resume outside of the fact that he's part of the "tree". Shurmur didn't, he was part of one of the NFL's worst offenses prior to being the browns HC.

Typically when a team hires a coach they hire an OC/DC from a team with recent success, what did the Browns do?

Historically, I can't recall any head coach hiring of someone like Shurmer who has never accomplished anything notable in his entire life.

I don't care who called the plays today.

There are serious organizational problems when an offense calls 46 passing plays (43 ATT / 3 SACKS) for a struggling rookie baseball player / QB.

No he doesn't, but I wish he did.

I don't mind hiring off a tree if the person has a pedigree or a good resume outside of the fact that he's part of the "tree". Shurmur didn't, he was part of one of the NFL's worst offenses prior to being the browns HC.

your dead wrong shurmur still calls the plays childress helps and is the oc but the play calling is still all shurmur and he is terrible at it!

Historically, I can't recall any head coach hiring of someone like Shurmer who has never accomplished anything notable in his entire life.

There are serious organizational problems when an offense calls 46 passing plays (43 ATT / 3 SACKS) for a struggling rookie baseball player / QB.

What sucks is that our offense is not being creative with a the potential we have in Richardson. Trent is going to get frustrated with this team if this offense doesn't utilize him better and be more creative in his utilization.

The 2 reasons Shurmur was hired are:

1. He had ties to Holmgren

2. He is a west coast off. guy

other then that he had NO resaon to be hired. I don't recall ANY other team interviewing him.

BUH-BYE Shurmer/Holmgren.

One of the main reasons was because people thought he had turned Sam Bradford into a GOD in only one season and he could do the same for Colt. Bradford sucked that year, i don't care what people say and Colt would have been just fine without him. Though i wasn't a Mangini fan you could see Colts potential with that offense it worked to Colts strengths...we don't need to pass for 300 yards to win, heck with this offense even if we pass for 300 we lose...last year and the year before it was heart breaking with Colt because we were so close at times and just needed a back, a bit better O-line and 1 more playmaker on the WR corp...that's about it...now, we just suck!!!!

Brad Childress calls the plays

Wrong!! How many game have you watched? This a duplicate to last years play calls. As I someone else said, it's probably a good thing, because it's ammo to fire the guy. Hopefully soon Childress will take on the play calling when this moron gets fired

Wrong!! How many game have you watched? This a duplicate to last years play calls. As I someone else said, it's probably a good thing, because it's ammo to fire the guy. Hopefully soon Childress will take on the play calling when this moron gets fired

Hell, this is the same shit I've seen every year since the Browns came back! West Coast Offense? WHERE???? :angry: I've seen the West Coast Offense, and this ain't it!

Archived