THE BROWNS BOARD

What Can We Get For The First Pick In The '13 Draft?

Soju

I think we are sticking with Weeden, and you really can't justify taking a defensive guy with the first pick. Let's put it this way, if it comes down to taking Barkley (Colt part deux, with slightly stronger arm) and staying with Weeden, I'd stay with Weeds.

What team do you think would be willing to trade with us for the 1st pick, and what do you think we could get for it?

I think we are sticking with Weeden, and you really can't justify taking a defensive guy with the first pick. Let's put it this way, if it comes down to taking Barkley (Colt part deux, with slightly stronger arm) and staying with Weeden, I'd stay with Weeds.

What team do you think would be willing to trade with us for the 1st pick, and what do you think we could get for it?

well who is worse than us right now? no one. is any other franchise looking for a QB? i can't think of one. so unless there is some huge glaring need for a position player that someone is salivating over, we might be stuck with the number one. and it probably will be a defensive player.

would love to trade down and get a couple of more picks.

I think we are sticking with Weeden, and you really can't justify taking a defensive guy with the first pick. Let's put it this way, if it comes down to taking Barkley (Colt part deux, with slightly stronger arm)

...correction..."slightly weaker arm"

and staying with Weeden, I'd stay with Weeds.

I disagree with your proposition that we could not take a defensive guy. The right defensive guy would be a plum for this team. But let's have a Bruce Smith, not a Tom Cousineau or Aundray Bruce.

I can see the Jags, Raiders, or Cheifs all wanting a QB, obviously depending on how their season and QBs do. You also got the Bills, Bucs, Cardinals, and maybe the Vikings? I think that Josh Freeman and Christian Ponder have a little more time, but Carson Palmer will be 33 by the end of the year. IDK how long they are going to roll with him, they are going to be giving him a lot of money for mediocre performance if he keeps this up. Peyton Manning is said to be on a 1 year contract right now, but i don't see him or the team doing badly enough to cut him.

Flacco is the only starter right now that is going to be a free agent, but the Ravens will lock him up.

The thing is, we only need one team to fall in love with a player at the top of the draft, but usually teams won't give up an arm and a leg for a non-QB. I think we got 5-7 teams, other than us, that may be targeting a QB early next year when it is all said and done.

I can see the Jags, Raiders, or Cheifs all wanting a QB, obviously depending on how their season and QBs do. You also got the Bills, Bucs, Cardinals, and maybe the Vikings? I think that Josh Freeman and Christian Ponder have a little more time, but Carson Palmer will be 33 by the end of the year. IDK how long they are going to roll with him, they are going to be giving him a lot of money for mediocre performance if he keeps this up. Peyton Manning is said to be on a 1 year contract right now, but i don't see him or the team doing badly enough to cut him.

Flacco is the only starter right now that is going to be a free agent, but the Ravens will lock him up.

The thing is, we only need one team to fall in love with a player at the top of the draft, but usually teams won't give up an arm and a leg for a non-QB. I think we got 5-7 teams, other than us, that may be targeting a QB early next year when it is all said and done.

You forget. The Raiders have Terrelle Pryor.

Barkevious Mingo is worth taking 1st overall.

I'd be enraged if we trade back again, especially with no one thinking that Barkley is worth the 1st pick lately.

would love to trade down and get a couple of more picks.

We may be able to get a few picks to move down

NO!

No more moving down, shitty teams get high picks for a reason.

We need play making game changers at key positions not a plethora of mediocre role players.

What we need to do is HIT on our top picks and develop them into HOF / All Pro players.

It almost sounds ludicrous to suggest a top ten Browns pick should become HOF material? Fucking sad.

Barkevious Mingo is worth taking 1st overall.

I'd be enraged if we trade back again, especially with no one thinking that Barkley is worth the 1st pick lately.

That's a name I like. I mean, I like the player too, but I like the name. Though, if the Browns got him, we would have to put up with more of the "Dawg" nonsense...what with a guy for whom the diminutive of his name is "Bark".

NO!

We need play making game changers at key positions not a plethora of mediocre role players.

What we need to do is HIT on our top picks and develop them into HOF / All Pro players.

It almost sounds ludicrous to suggest a top ten Browns pick should become HOF material? Fucking sad.

Plenty of defensive talent in this year's draft. If they can stay in the top ten while trading down I'd be fine with it. We can pick up a second round pick or maybe even a second first.

That's a name I like. I mean, I like the player too, but I like the name. Though, if the Browns got him, we would have to put up with more of the "Dawg" nonsense...what with a guy for whom the diminutive of his name is "Bark".

He'll be an elite pass rusher and a playmaker/gamechanger.

I think we can survive any dog jokes lol :P

If you think their is an elite pass rusher there at #1 take him. There will be teams looking to grab that #1 QB though. Right now that is Barkley. I know there are a lot of negative opinions of him on this board but there WILL be teams who desperately want to jump up and grab him or another QB that shoots up the draft boards. I think we could ok to trade back if we are looking pass rusher since this is a very heavy DE class but at the same time this is also going to be a fairly heavy QB class just like last year just not with a Luck caliber signal caller.

I will just end this by saying what I have said about the other draft topics that have popped up, we won't know till the season is over.

NO!

ok. like we HIT on this year's first round picks?? too soon to tell but so far those 2 picks have shown promise but no winds single-handedly between them.

if we happen to have the first pick and someone offers us a couple of picks to move up and we move down and get 2 top ten picks why not do it? it would be insane not to.

I would be all for the Brown's trading the first overall pick IF it's only a couple spots and they get a 2013 second rounder, and potentially a 2014 first or second round pick... The problem with this is that Jacksonville, Miami, and Tennessee (three other teams who, IMO, will be in the running for the 1st overall and subsequently will own the 2-4 picks) all have a young QB starter that they will probably give one more year.

This lowers the value of the number one, since teams will know that those teams will not take a QB.

I don't want Barkley with the first pick and I just don't believe that Mingo has the measurables of a first overall pick, unless he gains 15 lbs and runs a 4.5 with an extremely fast 10 yard split. Mingo is a great pass rusher but the last two Defensive players to go number one overall, Mario Williams (2006) and Courtney Brown (2000), were athletic freaks with production in college. Both were well built athletes were were fast, strong and explosive as prospects.

Unless someone really blows up, this year will be a bad year to earn the number one overall pick.

I would be all for the Brown's trading the first overall pick IF it's only a couple spots and they get a 2013 second rounder, and potentially a 2014 first or second round pick... The problem with this is that Jacksonville, Miami, and Tennessee (three other teams who, IMO, will be in the running for the 1st overall and subsequently will own the 2-4 picks) all have a young QB starter that they will probably give one more year.

This lowers the value of the number one, since teams will know that those teams will not take a QB.

I don't want Barkley with the first pick and I just don't believe that Mingo has the measurables of a first overall pick, unless he gains 15 lbs and runs a 4.5 with an extremely fast 10 yard split. Mingo is a great pass rusher but the last two Defensive players to go number one overall, Mario Williams (2006) and Courtney Brown (2000), were athletic freaks with production in college. Both were well built athletes were were fast, strong and explosive as prospects.

Unless someone really blows up, this year will be a bad year to earn the number one overall pick.

Here's a clue: I believe by the time all is said and done that Geno Smith of West by God Virginia will overpass anyone else as a prime draft prospect. In essence, he will be this year's RGIII...without having a player of the quality of Andrew Luck ahead of him.

If, indeed the Browns are at that point (I don't think they will be), then they could definitely market that pick for a package similar to what the Rams got for the Griffin pick.

Have you guys seen the Linebacker from Georgia? That son of a bitch reminds me of Ray Lewis/Derrick Brooks Hybrid.

Jarvis Jones is definitely on the Linebacker radar......at least he should be.

People say "it is too early to talk draft". Bullshit I say. Even teams that are 3-0 look ahead to the next draft.

I think no matter what happens this yr, we are doing defense first, most likely DE. No matter if we are #1 or not, unless we have #1 overall I wouldn't drop more than 1 or two slots max. We need D help, especially an elite DE.

If a team in the top 5 wants to trade up and they can get mult 1 or 2 round picks i think you would be Retarded not to do it. this team still has a ton of holes and only has 1 pick in the first 60 picks next april. We have to pull for Geno Smith, Matt Barkley,Landry Jones,Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson & EJ Manuel to play out of their minds.

This thread is hilarious i have not laughed this hard in a while. This Ratbird fan would trade you Cam Cameron, Dean pees, Travis taylor, cary williams, and our current practice squad for the number one. In all seriousness though this league is becoming all about the pass rush and having a good secondary. I don't think weeden is the answer get a real quarterback too. Don't you wish rg3 was in cleveland that alone should get your entire front office fired. I just want this game to be competitive in the future its such a boring game.

Ratbirds rule

This thread is hilarious i have not laughed this hard in a while. This Ratbird fan would trade you Cam Cameron, Dean pees, Travis taylor, cary williams, and our current practice squad for the number one. In all seriousness though this league is becoming all about the pass rush and having a good secondary. I don't think weeden is the answer get a real quarterback too. Don't you wish rg3 was in cleveland that alone should get your entire front office fired. I just want this game to be competitive in the future its such a boring game.

Ratbirds rule

I went to M&T Bank Stadium three years ago and slapped the dogshit out of some Ravens fan.

The way you say things reminds me of him.

I'm not saying he was you, but if you once got hit so hard that your Flacco jersey became un-tucked from your acid washed jeans, then it was you. And for that, I am sorry. I didn't mean to embarass you in front of the girl you probably weren't going to sleep with that night anyway.

Archived