THE BROWNS BOARD

I See A Glimmer!

Jibz

This is the first time in years that I see that glimmer, that hope, belief that this is our time. We are the youngest team and we might be the scrappiest team in the league. I believe we finally have a core a base of players that will make us proud SOON!. Theres been many mistakes but I think Weeden will go down as one of the greatest QB's we have ever had. Sure hes got his rookie shoes on and making rookie mistakes but hes got so many possibilities and fight in him and accuracy. I think Shurmer is a mistake and should be gone but I don't cringe when I see this team compete. We have played several premier teams and we have fought like dawgs! If you are not a fan and are just looking to bitch then check your self at the door!

This is the first time in years that I see that glimmer, that hope, belief that this is our time. We are the youngest team and we might be the scrappiest team in the league. I believe we finally have a core a base of players that will make us proud SOON!. Theres been many mistakes but I think Weeden will go down as one of the greatest QB's we have ever had. Sure hes got his rookie shoes on and making rookie mistakes but hes got so many possibilities and fight in him and accuracy. I think Shurmer is a mistake and should be gone but I don't cringe when I see this team compete. We have played several premier teams and we have fought like dawgs! If you are not a fan and are just looking to bitch then check your self at the door!

Couldn't agree more. It is nice to see some positivity on here. I've been reading this board since 2009 and I haven't seen much of that here since early in the Hillis-era (or season I guess). Shurmur has been improving slightly, but not enough to save his job. Jauron, Childress, Gruden...even Mangini could do a much better job with the talent on this team. There have been some nice drives this year, especially in yesterday's game and week 2. The only positive development I've seen with Shurmur is that sometimes he lets Richardson run outside instead of forcing him right into the teeth of the defense like he did with Hillis and Hardesty last year.

Yes and Yes! How can anyone say this team has regressed? That defense of the browns are playing with pure heart and a full 60 minutes. Yes, maybe this year the browns will not win as many as most thought or hoped, but damn give them some slack i think by the end of the season the browns will be the team that knocks some of the powerhouse AFC teams out of the picture or hurt their playoff birth spot

No! I'm sick of us saying the same shit every year. This ain't over 'till it's over. Nobody throwing in any towels. We're getting Haden and Taylor back in a few weeks. We'll work out the kinks in the offense and then it will be on. The playoffs are still in sight, a lot of teams around the 500 mark right now. 4 weeks in and you're throwing up a white flag? GTFO then, nothing over!

No! I'm sick of us saying the same shit every year. This ain't over 'till it's over. Nobody throwing in any towels. We're getting Haden and Taylor back in a few weeks. We'll work out the kinks in the offense and then it will be on. The playoffs are still in sight, a lot of teams around the 500 mark right now. 4 weeks in and you're throwing up a white flag? GTFO then, nothing over!

I still hate you.

Browns played very well and weeden did also these droped balls are killing us but alot of positives in the ravens game 4 sure few weeks we will be pretty good I do notice weeden takes a bit to warm up but usually bye the third quarter he looks better we wil see kc3902 you have been a member here since 2009and all you have is 4 Posts?Wow a lurker

1-15 is in sight, no playoffs for at least 2-3 years.

I am sick of the Browns and duh.....the Ravens didn't take them seriously.....

BTW....Weeded sucks, he didnt get rid of the ball quick enough all night long. Richardson is good but he will get injured and be out half the time playing behind the Weed.

Who is our guy that pumps up our team? We need an emotional leader... but wait I bet people would complain that he's getting pumped up, complaining that the game hasn't even started yet, right? We need somebody who will not except losing and challenges our players to FIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-T_nql38M

It's now or never for this season. We've gotta win NOW!

Can any of you say you dindt think in the 4th quarter that at any second it just might turn our way? This is a sign of a team becoming a unit. I am not blind to the fact that there are areas that need to be improved but... I think we are turning the corner. Why can't Browns fans ever be happy? I I really think we are on the correct path.

The time has come for me to repeat one of my posts from last year:

I have two questions.

1. What are you smoking?

2. Can you get any more?

Like he said- the playoffs are in sight if you just look through the Hubble Telescope. Maybe in another year or two. The reality says since the merger in 1970, exactly one team has started 0-4 and made the playoffs.

The Browns would virtually have to run the table to make the post season. Much better odds of them winding up 2-14. The next loss up on deck is playing the Giants on the road. I scouted them Sunday night against the Eagles, and I'm giving the Browns ZERO chance of walking out of NY with a win.

1) They will be in a foul mood after losing to Philly.

2) They have a standout D-line (Jason Pierre-Paul & Justin Tuck).

3) Patterson will get torched by Victor Cruz.

4) Steady bruising running game.

5) Eli Manning is on fire- IMHO he's currently playing superior to his older brother.

5) Eli Manning is on fire- IMHO he's currently playing superior to his older brother.

Disagree.

1) They were in a lousy mood after the Cowboys opener and are now 2-2 but only beat two much weaker 1-3 teams in the Bucs and Panthers. Outside of Eli, the offense in disarray. They cannot rely solely on Bradshaw as their runner. They should have kept Brandon Jacobs if for nothing else but a distraction and relief for Bradshaw.

2) Agree, they have a tough D line, but if we get our receivers to catch the ball (easier said than done) we can pick them apart.

3) Victor Cruz, although I like him, is somewhat inconsistent and not the caliber receiver that the Ravens put against our DB's.

4)Bradshaw cannot carry the Giants and our defense has been getting better every week. The Ravens Rice is much more a threat than Bradshaw and although he did run on us a fair amount, the game ended VERY close.

5) Agree, Elis is the real deal. He's the biggest problem.

I don't believe we're headed for the palyoffs, but a win on the second go around against the Bengals and Ravens, as well as two wins against the Squeelers and this season will not be a bust. A couple more wins (Colts, Raiders, Chiefs) and we will have turned around into a very respectable season and promise for 2013.

Wouldn't this be a nice way to finish off:

Eagles - L

Bengals - L

Bills - L

Ravens - L

Giants - W

Bengals - W

Colts - W

Chargers - L

Ravens - W

Cowboys - L

Steelers - W

Raiders - W

Chiefs - W

Redskins - W

Broncos - L

Steelers - W

Disagree.

1) They were in a lousy mood after the Cowboys opener and are now 2-2 but only beat two much weaker 1-3 teams in the Bucs and Panthers. Outside of Eli, the offense in disarray. They cannot rely solely on Bradshaw as their runner. They should have kept Brandon Jacobs if for nothing else but a distraction and relief for Bradshaw.

2) Agree, they have a tough D line, but if we get our receivers to catch the ball (easier said than done) we can pick them apart.

3) Victor Cruz, although I like him, is somewhat inconsistent and not the caliber receiver that the Ravens put against our DB's.

4)Bradshaw cannot carry the Giants and our defense has been getting better every week. The Ravens Rice is much more a threat than Bradshaw and although he did run on us a fair amount, the game ended VERY close.

5) Agree, Eli is is the real deal. He's the biggest problem.

I don't believe we're headed for the playoffs, but a win on the second go around against the Bengals and Ravens, as well as two wins against the Squeelers and this season will not be a bust. A couple more wins (Colts, Raiders, Chiefs) and we will have turned around into a very respectable season and promise for 2013.

Eagles - L

Bengals - L

Bills - L

Ravens - L

Giants - W

Bengals - W

Colts - W

Chargers - L

Ravens - W

Cowboys - L

Steelers - W

Raiders - W

Chiefs - W

Redskins - W

Broncos - L

Steelers - W

Don't see us beating the Giants or Ravens. I'll gladly take a split with the Steelers. You have us at 9 wins- I say no way Jose.

Like he said- the playoffs are in sight if you just look through the Hubble Telescope. Maybe in another year or two. The reality says since the merger in 1970, exactly one team has started 0-4 and made the playoffs.

The Browns would virtually have to run the table to make the post season. Much better odds of theme winding up 2-14. The next loss up on deck is playing the Giants on the road. I scouted them Sunday night against the Eagles, and I'm giving the Browns ZERO chance of walking out of NY with a win.

I am going to have to make that a trivia question this week.

I don't know the answer, but I will guess: the 1982 Raiders?

Don't see us beating the Giants or Ravens. I'll gladly take a split with the Steelers. You have us at 9 wins- I say no way Jose.

If you offered me five wins now, including a split with the Steelers I would shake your hand, skip down your driveway and drive off in a cloud of smoke before you even knew what had happened.

Who is our guy that pumps up our team? We need an emotional leader... but wait I bet people would complain that he's getting pumped up, complaining that the game hasn't even started yet, right? We need somebody who will not except losing and challenges our players to FIGHT!

We do have a leader and his name is Brandon Weeden. B)

Disagree.

5) Agree, Elis is the real deal. He's the biggest problem.

I don't believe we're headed for the palyoffs, but a win on the second go around against the Bengals and Ravens, as well as two wins against the Squeelers and this season will not be a bust. A couple more wins (Colts, Raiders, Chiefs) and we will have turned around into a very respectable season and promise for 2013.

Eagles - L

Bengals - L

Bills - L

Ravens - L

Giants - W

Bengals - W

Colts - W

Chargers - L

Ravens - W

Cowboys - L

Steelers - W

Raiders - W

Chiefs - W

Redskins - W

Broncos - L

Steelers - W

you are high.

yeah i see a glimmer of hope and it's about 3 miles away in football years. by then little with have either learned to catch the ball or be on another team as an all-pro. weeden will be on his last year of his contract/nfl career along with joe thomas and DQ. TR will have been beaten down into a regular back.

don't you know this thing is all about timing? yeah we have to have a core of young players THAT HAVE TALENT, LOTS OF TALENT that grow together. that's when you add your YOUNG QB. that's when you add your stud rb. when the rest of the team is already in place.

last year's draft we needed a RT and he has yet to show up. we needed defensive backfield help. what???? we needed LB help. LJ fort has been the only bright spot.

so let's hope the old man can last 3 more years a TR won't get beat down that bad before we make it to the end of the tunnel.

BUT 9 WINS? GTFO. i betcha if this was week one you would have predicted 11. laughable.

you are high.

yeah i see a glimmer of hope and it's about 3 miles away in football years. by then little with have either learned to catch the ball or be on another team as an all-pro. weeden will be on his last year of his contract/nfl career along with joe thomas and DQ. TR will have been beaten down into a regular back.

don't you know this thing is all about timing? yeah we have to have a core of young players THAT HAVE TALENT, LOTS OF TALENT that grow together. that's when you add your YOUNG QB. that's when you add your stud rb. when the rest of the team is already in place.

last year's draft we needed a RT and he has yet to show up. we needed defensive backfield help. what???? we needed LB help. LJ fort has been the only bright spot.

so let's hope the old man can last 3 more years a TR won't get beat down that bad before we make it to the end of the tunnel.

BUT 9 WINS? GTFO. i betcha if this was week one you would have predicted 11. laughable.

It's just his opinion. No need to freak out.

More like started "delusional"...

We've approached having a nucleus several times since the rebirth... we've yet to complete the puzzle.

hey i see positives in this team (as it is). but has it produced any wins?

but for kosarfan to pick this 9 win 'all-of-a-sudden' top-ten looking run is fucking comical.

doesn't mean i want to 'mull around in the mud'. just means i'm realistic. hey, i want the browns to be superbowl champs for the next 20 years, i want pink ponies and flying cars? will it happen.

exactly.

here's one bright spot. haden will be back just in time to defend aj green. nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Ql6C9CeWc

There. Now why can't I have what I want... A Browns' Playoff Game? This season is still getting started. We'll get Haden and Taylor back very soon and the only Defensive player we'll be missing will be Gocong. We'll start to fire on all cylinders and start a lot faster in games. Wins are coming, hopefully in bunches and I'm not giving up until we are mathmatically eliminated from earning a playoff berth. Now let's go Browns, we NEED a WIN this WEEKEND!!! Whatever it takes, pull out all the stops, it's now or never.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Ql6C9CeWc

There. Now why can't I have what I want... A Browns' Playoff Game? This season is still getting started. We'll get Haden and Taylor back very soon and the only Defensive player we'll be missing will be Gocong. We'll start to fire on all cylinders and start a lot faster in games. Wins are coming, hopefully in bunches and I'm not giving up until we are mathmatically eliminated from earning a playoff berth. Now let's go Browns, we NEED a WIN this WEEKEND!!! Whatever it takes, pull out all the stops, it's now or never.

Thats the voice of a true fan. Some of you guys seem to love to complain. Some of us are Browns fans that just want the best, and want to win! I've only been watching the Browns since Sipe and the Kardiac Kids. If all of you complainers would have evaluated the quality of players on that team before their amazing run... you guys would have only seen doom and lack of skill. But they exploded. My gut says this team will explode by the end of the year.

Hang on true Browns fans, the ride is going to be a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived