THE BROWNS BOARD

Inept Coach Throws Rookie Qb Under The Bus.

hish747

They ain't going to fire anyone till the end of the season. Then you will see a big change. What is with you people who think they will fire after so few games? Fucking kids.

I wish I was 27 year old kid.

Just saying....

A couple of opinions:

1) I have no problem with the pass on third and 1, but leave TR in and use the play action to freeze the linebackers. Bring in Obi and you are telegraphing the pass. He could have used Obi in a running play or mis-direction play, but to bring him in and pass is just being obvious.

2) Weeden should have hit the reciever on that play, it was a bad throw.

3) Weeden shouldn't have been thrown under the bus, but he made a number of poor passes/decisions and should be held accountable.

4) Weeden has the potential to be a great QB. He is getting better and better each week. We will know for sure next year.

5) I see half a team of quality starters - most are young and need more experience. But this is the first time I can say that, and it gives me reasonfor optimism.

6) Shurmer has to go and he is far worse than Mangini. But Mangini wasn't good enough either.

7) Can someone find the quote that the new owner would wait until the end of the season before making changes. I saw the headline in articles but never saw an exact quote where he said exactly those words (but maybe I missed it).

Mangini would have had a field day with the talent we have now. For as much as we chided Mangini and Daboll for being conservative, Shurmur brings it to a completely different level.

Could you imagine the trickeration? I believe we'd see at least two reverses a game, and a HB pass.

They ain't going to fire anyone till the end of the season. Then you will see a big change. What is with you people who think they will fire after so few games? Fucking kids.

Well, us "kids"- that would be me and 'Peen- have seen every coach the Browns have ever had- Paul Brown on. Live and in person.

You do realize should the Browns lose Sunday (and I'm betting on it) Shurmur will be the proud owner of overseeing the longest losing streak in Browns history? Few games? You forget about the stellar record we had last year? Just how many more consecutive losses will Haslam put up with in your book?

I can't speak for Ballpeen, but if I was Haslam, Shurmur gets a call to clean out his office and get the hell out of town the second JH is the official owner.

IMHO, you'd have to go all the way back to the early seventies to find a Browns coach that even approached Shurmur's level of incompetence. The ONLY reason to keep Patsy around is to lock up a 0-16 (or at best) 2-14 record to secure the first pick in the 2013 draft.

Shurmur....dead man walkin.

His demeanor at Sundays press conference reminded me of somebody who's favorite dog just got run over by

the dude bangin' his wife on the side.

He's in way over his head.

Hit the road, loser. The sooner the better so Haslam can bring in somebody to sort out the colossal donkey

fuck he's (Shurmur) so incompetantly put together in Berea.

Well, us "kids"- that would be me and 'Peen- have seen every coach the Browns have ever had- Paul Brown on. Live and in person.

You do realize should the Browns lose Sunday (and I'm betting on it) Shurmur will be the proud owner of overseeing the longest losing streak in Browns history? Few games? You forget about the stellar record we had last year? Just how many more consecutive losses will Haslam put up with in your book?

I can't speak for Ballpeen, but if I was Haslam, Shurmur gets a call to clean out his office and get the hell out of town the second JH is the official owner.

IMHO, you'd have to go all the way back to the early seventies to find a Browns coach that even approached Shurmur's level of incompetence. The ONLY reason to keep Patsy around is to lock up a 0-16 (or at best) 2-14 record to secure the first pick in the 2013 draft.

Shurmer is on the clock on Sunday. I have been patient this year, but that is over. Time to voice displeasure.

And show displeasure. I usually stick to the end of games...at least that last seconds. Sunday, I leave at halftime if we are down by more than 7.

Even more distressing to a owner is seeing whatever crowd showed up, start to leave early. That tells him those people don't believe the team can come back....and that is a reflection more on the staff than the players.

These trips up have gotten to be less and less about the game and more about seeing a few folks at some tailgate spot, talk to the nice folks who sit behind me inside the stadium, catching a nice dinner or lunch somewhere, and stomping around my old homestead. The game?? Pfft....it's more like some carnival. A few thrilling rides here and there, but mostly pretty cheesy and boring.

It's why I think I am getting club seats next year. I can watch the Browns, then head in to the club to catch a nice brunch and watch some real football on TV. Stick my head outside, see what we are doing, then decide if it is time to leave or not.

I also think clubs will be easier to sell. More and more people only want to go to 1-2 games, and when they do, they don't mind springing for a premium seat.

Shurmer is on the clock on Sunday. I have been patient this year, but that is over. Time to voice displeasure.

And show displeasure. I usually stick to the end of games...at least that last seconds. Sunday, I leave at halftime if we are down by more than 7.

Even more distressing to a owner is seeing whatever crowd showed up, start to leave early. That tells him those people don't believe the team can come back....and that is a reflection more on the staff than the players.

These trips up have gotten to be less and less about the game and more about seeing a few folks at some tailgate spot, talk to the nice folks who sit behind me inside the stadium, catching a nice dinner or lunch somewhere, and stomping around my old homestead. The game?? Pfft....it's more like some carnival. A few thrilling rides here and there, but mostly pretty cheesy and boring.

It's why I think I am getting club seats next year. I can watch the Browns, then head in to the club to catch a nice brunch and watch some real football on TV. Stick my head outside, see what we are doing, then decide if it is time to leave or not.

I also think clubs will be easier to sell. More and more people only want to go to 1-2 games, and when they do, they don't mind springing for a premium seat.

I'm one of those 1-2 games club seat guys. Keep me in mind in 2013

I told you Shurmur was a turd after a couple games last year... "Give him time, we need continuity to develop"

Shit gives way to more shit. Fire him, find the right guy and GIVE HIM opportunity to build continuity. Don't let a horrible coach keep his job for the sake of continuity.

I totally agree! The only continuity we will see with Shurmer is more losing! Besides, how can a guy like Sean Payton in New Orleans turn it around just like that, but with the Browns it's "oh we're rebuilding, and it's all part of the process!" BULLSHIT!!! :angry: I'm sick of the damn excuses!

When I looked at the Surmur post game interview, he looked angry but mostly like someone who was scared for his job. Rightly so. The only way I see him salvaging this is to get close to 500 on the year. It's a long shot but the chance is there.

Forget any one play (3 & 1) or player (Weeden), the bottom line is the team is not winning and those at the top must take the blame. They chose the players, strategy and play calling. What, half the starters are rookies and it's not working? West Coast offense is predictable? Conservative defense isnt getting pressure on the QB?

Cincinnati, Buffalo and now NY passed all day on us and I didn't see any in-game adjustments. Am I the only one seeing it? Why isn't the guy up in the booth making adjustments?

^+1, except I can't afford Clubs. It is getting more and more about meeting up with the gang at the Flatiron. Just disgusting last week when I told the guys about 5 minutes before the half- "this game is over". If I'm starting to question why I spend 7 hours in the car over a weekend to see this garbage, I can't hardly believe you're still willing to about triple that 'Peen.

I'm one of those 1-2 games club seat guys. Keep me in mind in 2013

I will......but remind me around April....that's when I start making my plans once the schedule is announced. Just don't expect the opener...I go to that.....unless you are looking for singles...we might be able to work that.

^+1, except I can't afford Clubs. It is getting more and more about meeting up with the gang at the Flatiron. Just disgusting last week when I told the guys about 5 minutes before the half- "this game is over". If I'm starting to question why I spend 7 hours in the car over a weekend to see this garbage, I can't hardly believe you're still willing to about triple that 'Peen.

It's what I do. I follow the Browns. I make my plans for 6 games, then get pissed and end up going to 6, threatening to dump a game.

Was it a great call? No...

However, Shurmur wasn't the one to throw a panicked ball, off of his back foot, three feet above and behind the nearest receiver... that would be Wheezy...

Was it a great call? No...

However, Shurmur wasn't the one to throw a panicked ball, off of his back foot, three feet above and behind the nearest receiver... that would be Wheezy...

Right Tour, Weeden was the one who threw the ball. Just keep in mind he had the handicap of a coach who reveals the play to a super bowl defense before hand.

Right... he subbed for TR... major sin...

TR should play every snap because a #3 pick should never get tired...

C'mon man...

Archived