THE BROWNS BOARD

Where Is Holmgren?

WRREBEL

Did anyone notice when Mangini was coach Holmgren was always talking about how frustrated he was with the offense? Now that he has his lackey i don't here a peep out of him. I know his days are numbered but he has really become a loser..

Does anypone else want to punch these guys in the face? or is it just me?

and what about judging the coach by wins and losses?

Should Shurmur be graded now on just wins and losses?

Holmgren: "I think that's how we all look at it. If we're 4-12 next year, I won't be a very happy camper. We must improve. The head coach is judged on his record. I expect us to win."

What's Holmgren going to say? He has already stated that he has Shurmur's back several times and is sticking with this regime. He is not, IMO, going to say anything publicly that could allude or point to the idea that he made a mistake in bringing Shurmur in. At this point in time, he probably knows his time is about up and is doing what he should be doing and that is keeping his mouth shut to the public and media.

What's Holmgren going to say? He has already stated that he has Shurmur's back several times and is sticking with this regime. He is not, IMO, going to say anything publicly that could allude or point to the idea that he made a mistake in bringing Shurmur in. At this point in time, he probably knows his time is about up and is doing what he should be doing and that is keeping his mouth shut to the public and media.

He might say what his favorite color is or anything...

Yes his time is up and he is an epic failure..

how he sold Lerner on a 5 year plan is beyond AHYONE in the NFL

back in the day when the new regime for any team would come in it was a given that it would take 5 years to turn a franchise around into what that regime thought it should be. well that all stopped when people started paying these players tons of money and the team still wouldn't produce or they missed on their draft picks. now if the regimes don't show improvement in the 2nd - 3rd year they are pretty much gone.

not saying that i agree with it, because i actually DO think that you have to give the people the time to get the players they want and need.........just not this guy (holmgren). he didn't give mangini his time, which was a HUGE mistake, so he should get the same treatment.

only perwson i would consider keeping on staff (FO) is heckert, but IMHO he kinda blew it this past draft. now if little was catching the ball and weeden wasn't staring his receivers down and throw up interceptions we might have a couple of wins under our belts and we might not be having these conversations.

back in the day when the new regime for any team would come in it was a given that it would take 5 years to turn a franchise around into what that regime thought it should be. well that all stopped when people started paying these players tons of money and the team still wouldn't produce or they missed on their draft picks. now if the regimes don't show improvement in the 2nd - 3rd year they are pretty much gone.

not saying that i agree with it, because i actually DO think that you have to give the people the time to get the players they want and need.........just not this guy (holmgren). he didn't give mangini his time, which was a HUGE mistake, so he should get the same treatment.

only perwson i would consider keeping on staff (FO) is heckert, but IMHO he kinda blew it this past draft. now if little was catching the ball and weeden wasn't staring his receivers down and throw up interceptions we might have a couple of wins under our belts and we might not be having these conversations.

well it's been 2-3 years for holmgen and heckert. And it is OBVIOUS that Schurmur isn't the answer, and now we have a new owner...............KILL'EM ALL

Nah. Cracker Barrel

Nah, Cracker Barrel isn't all-you-can eat...i'd guess Ponderosa and he may have eaten to much to exit the doorway he entered.

My guess is Holmgren is trying to keep his cushy GM job and is spending too much time boot-licking your new owner to have time to talk to the media...between buffet meals that is.

Again, fair comments all the way around from Ghoolie.. Especially about Gruden/Cowher (includes the likes of Holmgren/Shanahan)etc., guys that have already reached the mountaintop.

What I think you should want is a guy who has exhibited clear ability, yet was unable to get things accomplished in their first go around...ala Bill Belichick. Mangini seemed like he would be that sort of guy, but with the change at the top of the organization he didn't speak Holmgren's patois.

That is why maybe a guy like Nick Saban...if he chose to leave college....could be a good choice. He has proven ability but his first effort in the NFL was a failure. That failure could motivate him...make him hungry for NFL success like he had in college.

There would be nothing wrong with him playing Jimmy Johnson to Haslam's Jerry Jones. The difference is that JH would not have the inflated ego that Jones has. He would never make himself the GM of the club he owned.

If there is someone other than Saban out there that might fit that same bill, it would be interesting to know who that may be.

Archived