THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Is Maturing As A Quarterback

drocksthaparty

In an article from NFL Draft Zone, Weeden has been maturing. I love what he is saying, and I want this kid to succeed.

This is my favorite quote

Weeden doesn’t want to use the excuse that he is a rookie either.

“No, you can’t blame them on that anymore,” Weeden said. “I’ve played five games. I can’t play the rookie card. It’s long gone.”

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/weeden-continues-to-mature-at-the-quarterback-position/

Second most passing yards for a rookie through 5 games of ALL TIME.

soon to be 3rd. As soon as Luck plays his 5th game

soon to be 3rd. As soon as Luck plays his 5th game

Who was first? Marino?

Luck is the real thing, for sure. No one ever would have denied that. But, I am sorry, I believe Weeden will be very good. He just needs a little more experience and he will hopefully solve the INT bugagoo. And he needs his receivers to catch the damn ball.

Did you notice that he only targeted Little like 1-2 times and Norwood about 10 times? If he has no confidence in you, why should he throw to you?

Who was first? Marino?

Luck is the real thing, for sure. No one ever would have denied that. But, I am sorry, I believe Weeden will be very good. He just needs a little more experience and he will hopefully solve the INT bugagoo. And he needs his receivers to catch the damn ball.

Did you notice that he only targeted Little like 1-2 times and Norwood about 10 times? If he has no confidence in you, why should he throw to you?

Cam Newton set the record last year. ANd I wouldn't throw the ball to Little either

Who was first? Marino?

[color="#8B0000"

Did you notice that he only targeted Little like 1-2 times and Norwood about 10 times? If he has no confidence in you, why should he throw to you?[/color]

Yes, I HAVE noticed that & what a BLESSING! I have been waiting for Little to finally have to pay a real price for his drops & thinking that benching him was needed. Playing him but not using him much MAY be the best thing that ever happened to Mr Little....IF he has enough heart & passion.

We'll see.

Mike

Yes, I HAVE noticed that & what a BLESSING! I have been waiting for Little to finally have to pay a real price for his drops & thinking that benching him was needed. Playing him but not using him much MAY be the best thing that ever happened to Mr Little....IF he has enough heart & passion.

We'll see.

Mike

With Massaquoi out, Benjamin out, Norwood perhaps out, Little will be needed this week.

Though I hear Josh Cooper may be activated.

With Massaquoi out, Benjamin out, Norwood perhaps out, Little will be needed this week.

Though I hear Josh Cooper may be activated.

A PRODUCTIVE Little will be needed. It'll get very interesting if he drops the 1st pass thrown his way.

I think we win this week.

Mike

I actually agree that Weeden is developing...

- Ball security has improved...

- finding 2ndary receiver has improved...

Only six or seven more skills to develop.

Until then he remains the 2nd most complete QB on the roster, but he is developing...

I actually agree that Weeden is developing...

- Ball security has improved...

- finding 2ndary receiver has improved...

Only six or seven more skills to develop.

Until then he remains the 2nd most complete QB on the roster, but he is developing...

Ha! that's funny. The only thing Colt has that Weeden doesn't is mobility. And I'm happy with a starting QB that can throw the ball past 10 yards.

Well now that Norwood is on IR for the time being and momass is out, If Weeden can eclipse the 300 yard mark with Little,Gordon, Cooper, and Cribbs, I would have to say we will be ok at the qb position. Also as I just reread my last sentence and see those names it is unreal have crappy our wr's are right now. Where is T.O. when you need him, j/k.

We will probably go Gordon and Little on the outside w/ Cooper and Cribbs splitting much of the time as 3rd WR. With only 4 active WRs, I see a lot of 2 TE sets and a whole lot of runs... hopefully, now that A.Smith is back. Hopefully it's a run-first attack and use PA to get Gordon open deep and utilize some screens with Richardson and Cribbs to get some short passing yards. Shurmur cannot plan to throw the ball 50+ times if we have any chance of winning this game. He has to utilize our best player #33 and give him the ball... all 3 downs if needed!!!

Also, on D. Looks like Jackson is playing, which is huge. It would be real nice if Rubin played. It's going to be interesting to see if our D is improved w/ Haden in the game. I think it will make a difference just not sure how much. Is anybody else glad Patterson's not playing this week?? He's decent covering the slot, but that guy needs a week off after getting torched the past 4.

Archived