THE BROWNS BOARD

Richardson Running

USFBrown

I said the same thing last week, and most said it was because he was hurt. I have seen it all year long. Then I was reminded how many TDs he's scored, which is nice, but he still tippy toes at the line way too much. Hardesty looked like a freekin' HOFr last week hitting the hole compared to Trent.

it looked like he was running ok today.....running to the bathroom.

hey he's someone we needed on this offense even though i thought we paid a high price for a positional player whose life expectancy in the league is 3-5 years.

don't know about the 'dancing' and 'tippy-toeing' that you've described but they need to start being more creative in the play calling cuz my little granddaughter was calling out formations and defensive schemes to counter.

all in all this year (so far) TR looks like a beat up ray rice. surely not a beast though.

They had a lot of success with the sweeps the past two weeks and it disappears completely I don't get it.

Richardson def has been disappointing , seems like if he doesn't have a gaping hole to run through he's really indecisive.

Reminds me of William Green. God that guy tried walking through up to the line of scrimmage. Richardson has found out real quick that the holes fill in much quicker in the NFL. D's are a lot smarter. But we have to call better plays for him as well. Ones that will utilize his ability and play to any strengths our Oline has at the time. Between the tackles almost every time.. ugh..

Reminds me of William Green. God that guy tried walking through up to the line of scrimmage. Richardson has found out real quick that the holes fill in much quicker in the NFL. D's are a lot smarter. But we have to call better plays for him as well. Ones that will utilize his ability and play to any strengths our Oline has at the time. Between the tackles almost every time.. ugh..

It's bad play calling because the run blocking has been atrocious. For all the #1 and #2 picks on this line, they stink! Hopefully they gel but for all we invested in them, it's not paying off.

I'd be embarrassed to put myself on youtube and act like a buffoon. Is that where you live in your Mom's basement?

He probably sat around in his underwear eating cupcakes while Mom put up the panelling.

Zombo

It's bad play calling because the run blocking has been atrocious. For all the #1 and #2 picks on this line, they stink! Hopefully they gel but for all we invested in them, it's not paying off.

The tackles and the center( 2 1's and a 2) are playing fine, it's the 2 guards(a 3 and a 5) that keep getting blownup on every running play.

Problem is that they are really tackles playing out of position ( thanks Tom Heckert). You can't draft college tackles and then expect them to be able to play guard in the NFL. Totally different playing the interior than it is playing on the outside. If you want guards, then draft guards.

I'll be glad when that fool gets his walking papers.

The ballerina toes in the backfield may have worked in college, but the pro game is just too quick for that pitter patter. T-Rich needs to stop thinking so much and just hit the effing hole and knock some helmets off. Hopefully, the RB coach isn't too incompetent to help him fix it.

The 31st pick in the 1st round, Doug Martin, looked like an All Pro tonight. He hit the hole with authority, and generally looked like the best running back on the field, one which included Adrian Peterson. Quite a bargain when compared to what we gave away. Didn't like the pick then, don't like it now.

I disagree completely.

Richardson is not a "hit-the-hole and pound it running back. He never was never will be and IF Heckert drafted him for that purpose, then Heckart you be shot in his eyes with a 50 caliber gun.

Richardson IS a big play back. He ran in an offense that did a lot of play action, sweeps, mis-direction and quick pitch-out plays.

Richardson doesn't need to "work" on a fucking thing. He is a stud and he is ready to rumble. THE BROWNS HOWEVER........need to work on creating multiple-threat plays that give him the "NON-9_IN THE BOX defenses that will enable him to get past the DL relatively unscathed.

I agree with he needs better play calling to suit his talents. But when the play is run the ball up the middle, pitter pattering doesn't usually cut it. Hardestly is half the back Richardson is and showed him up last game. Why? He made one cut and hit the hole. If we continually call rushing up the middle then he's got to learn at this level, you can do the juke and moves once you're past the line.

I disagree completely.

Richardson is not a "hit-the-hole and pound it running back. He never was never will be and IF Heckert drafted him for that purpose, then Heckart you be shot in his eyes with a 50 caliber gun.

Richardson IS a big play back. He ran in an offense that did a lot of play action, sweeps, mis-direction and quick pitch-out plays.

Richardson doesn't need to "work" on a fucking thing. He is a stud and he is ready to rumble. THE BROWNS HOWEVER........need to work on creating multiple-threat plays that give him the "NON-9_IN THE BOX defenses that will enable him to get past the DL relatively unscathed.

We pass the ball 50 times a game, and defenses still stack the box. That's not necessarily Shurmur's fault as it is defenses still aren't respecting the talent level of our offense.

Granted, it's not like last season. We are seeing more base defense alignments than we did last year. But we're still ineffective at calling the right plays at the right times. That is where the blame lies on Shurmur.

I agree with he needs better play calling to suit his talents. But when the play is run the ball up the middle, pitter pattering doesn't usually cut it. Hardestly is half the back Richardson is and showed him up last game. Why? He made one cut and hit the hole. If we continually call rushing up the middle then he's got to learn at this level, you can do the juke and moves once you're past the line.

Tell that to Adrian Peterson. His juke moves past the line got him that long TD.

Great...... According to Ghoolie, Trent was drafted to be the next Eric Metcalf. I'm so glad we gave away a lot of our future to move up to secure the next scat back.

Tell that to Adrian Peterson. His juke moves past the line got him that long TD.

Yeah Brother... past the line!!! Peterson doesn't pitter patter before the line like TRich does. When you're in open space you can make those jukes, not when you're behind the line (with terrible blocking)

I disagree completely.

What the Browns really need is two better guards. Greco and Lauvao aren't exactly Hickerson & Schafrath. Pinkston either- before he threw the blood clot.

Yeah Brother... past the line!!! Peterson doesn't pitter patter before the line like TRich does. When you're in open space you can make those jukes, not when you're behind the line (with terrible blocking)

I misread that previous post.

I think Trent needs to hit the hole with authority, I agree. But I believe his injury has a lot more to do with it than his style of play. A healthy Richardson would not have tried to bounce out that run on the goal line last week, but he's shying away from contact and trying to run past people instead of through them. Hardesty was the same way the last couple years.

What's the common denominator? Injury.

When you're injured, most don't want to get hit. And that means you shouldn't be on the field until you're healthy.

I am going to type slow, so you can catch up. Richardson is not Bettis, he isn't Jim Brown and he sure as hell isn't Eric Metcalf.

Did you watch the video of that dickhead in his basement? Did you see how much he was able to move the walls in his basement? There is no point in Richardson slamming into a brick wall. Now, if he was missing holes by doing the Willie Green shit? Then ya got a point.

He has no holes to run through so it doens't make a fucking difference if he hits the line, or not.

Only in Cleveland could a stellar college running back be marginalized and turned into a nobody.

Go back and look at his college films. He never was a banger and he never is going to be a banger. Until opposing defenses have a reason not to stuff the box, Richardson will be nullified.

By the way, the Packers used to shut Jim Brown down the same way. Go back and watch films of him against the pack, he too shuffled and danced in the backfield when there was nowhere to go.

are you saying richardson is a bum then?

Archived