THE BROWNS BOARD

At This Point I Don't Care

jbluhm86

At this point, I don't care anymore about what happens to this team after this game today. Fire Schurmer, fire Heckert, sit players, sign FA's, etc. After watching this disgrace of a game today, it's clear JH3 and Joe Banner need to do whatever it takes to bring a winner in here. Now. The Browns fan base is too loyal and puts up with to much shit supporting such a consistently inept team. Something has to give...

I still care and I am all in with Haslem. He HAS to get this right. He can't do any worse then the previous owner.

We seem to have a decent QB for a change. The rb we drafted worries me though with his fragility. The defense is hit and miss. Horrible 1st half, decent second half.

The first thing that needs to be done is FIRE SHURMER. The guy is the WORST head coach I have ever seen. He sucks at playcalling, clock management, when to go for 2 points,. I have not seen him do ANYTHING a good coach would do. Heck even gets penalties called on himself. TWICE!!!!!. The team looks flat EVERY WEEK.

It's so fucking frustrating. We have chances every week and then get a stupid play call or bad play. The penalties we've given away this season have been a joke as well, we make things so hard for ourselves.

I'll probably get killed for saying this, but I honestly believe we are only a couple of defensive playmakers short of a playoff team next year. We keep showing signs of being decent but every week we shoot ourselves in the foot.

This season was always going to be a struggle with all the starting rookies but there are so many signs we can actually be a good team. Like I said, frustrating.

At this point, I don't care anymore about what happens to this team after this game today. Fire Schurmer, fire Heckert, sit players, sign FA's, etc. After watching this disgrace of a game today, it's clear JH3 and Joe Banner need to do whatever it takes to bring a winner in here. Now. The Browns fan base is too loyal and puts up with to much shit supporting such a consistently inept team. Something has to give...

It's fans like you that help influence the instability of the franchise.

Sit down, shut up, and let the people in charge make the decisions. There is a reason you are sitting on your couch and not working with a franchise.

I'll probably get killed for saying this, but I honestly believe we are only a couple of defensive playmakers short of a playoff team next year. We keep showing signs of being decent but every week we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I agree with you that if we add a bona fide #1 veteran receiver in free agency this off season and a competent head coach our offense will be good enough to get us there.

On defense I think there's still a lot of holes and we'd really need to get lucky in free agency and the draft.

We've got some nice talent on offense but they're still way too inconsistent imo.

I still care and I am all in with Haslem. He HAS to get this right. He can't do any worse then the previous owner.

We seem to have a decent QB for a change. The rb we drafted worries me though with his fragility. The defense is hit and miss. Horrible 1st half, decent second half.

The first thing that needs to be done is FIRE SHURMER. The guy is the WORST head coach I have ever seen. He sucks at playcalling, clock management, when to go for 2 points,. I have not seen him do ANYTHING a good coach would do. Heck even gets penalties called on himself. TWICE!!!!!. The team looks flat EVERY WEEK.

Dont think you have a choice, but to be all in with the Haslems..Unless you jump ship. You were all in with lerner too....The reason we lost the game is real simple. Our defense did not prepare good enough thru out the week. We did not Blitz at all until they were in the red zone about to score. We stopped them and they kicked a field goal. After that we started blitzing more. I do not understand why we were in the Nickel defense the whole first half. That is where we lost the game.

Browns had absolutely no pressure on Luck and his confidence grew as he continued to have all the time in the world.

Lack of a viable running game also led to another defeat for the Browns. You gotta rattle this kid (Luck) early. he is way

too skilled to be allowed to make plays. Brown's made him look and play like like Peyton. Brown's need Taylor in a big

way.

You know what, it is not an excuse and haven't see this until now because I fell asleep watching this shootout, but he did hit the sunlight right at that point.

Yep, i gotta chalk that one up to the sun. I gotta believe that if the roof was closed, he hauls that one in.

Really tough break. What did you think about the pass though? Weeden put it out there right on the money! Do any of you think that colt makes that pretty pass?? LOL

Yep, i gotta chalk that one up to the sun. I gotta believe that if the roof was closed, he hauls that one in.

Really tough break. What did you think about the pass though? Weeden put it out there right on the money! Do any of you think that colt makes that pretty pass?? LOL

It was right on the money, Weeden is getting better. This is not a bad team at least not a 1-6 team, I'm telling you. Colt does not even attempt the pass.

It's fans like you that help influence the instability of the franchise.

Sit down, shut up, and let the people in charge make the decisions. There is a reason you are sitting on your couch and not working with a franchise.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you personally work for the Cleveland Browns franchise, then you need to STFU. And what has the people "in charge" done for this franchise recently? Two winning seasons and one playoff appearance in 13 years. You may be satisfied with that, but I assure you most Browns fans are not. And I realize that we have a young team who makes mistakes; that's to be expected. But the great teams in this league find ways to win, regardless of the age of players or any other excuses. Say what you want about the Browns "almost" winning games or only losing by a touchdown or less; at the end of the day, almost winning is still fucking losing. We're 1-6, and that is unacceptable. I'm not saying that JH3 has to blow things up and start from scratch, but something has to change, because the whatever plan that is in place at the moment is not working and producing winning results.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you personally work for the Cleveland Browns franchise, then you need to STFU. And what has the people "in charge" done for this franchise recently? Two winning seasons and one playoff appearance in 13 years. You may be satisfied with that, but I assure you most Browns fans are not. And I realize that we have a young team who makes mistakes; that's to be expected. But the great teams in this league find ways to win, regardless of the age of players or any other excuses. Say what you want about the Browns "almost" winning games or only losing by a touchdown or less; at the end of the day, almost winning is still fucking losing. We're 1-6, and that is unacceptable. I'm not saying that JH3 has to blow things up and start from scratch, but something has to change, because the whatever plan that is in place at the moment is not working and producing winning results.

I agree with the Sound, the reason why we are 1-6 is because we keep changing shit. But who's fault is that? Lerner, he's a pussy and glad he is gone. Haslam needs to hire "the Coach" and let him develop these players. None of this, well we all worked together and it worked than, so it must work now bullshit.

One more change, Haslem, fire Shumur already and let's start this thing.

... the reason why we are 1-6 is because we keep changing shit.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that continually changing things without any sort of direction like we did in the past would not be the right move. But to just sit here at 1-6 and stay the course as the coaches and FO has it scripted right now would be equally as ineffective. We have a lot of great pieces in place, true, but for some reason or another we are not getting the desired results. Our players are either underperforming, or more likely, they are not being utilized as effectively as they could be. If that's the case, that means whatever game plan we have in place now needs to be scrapped. How much longer can Browns fans keep using the excuse of "well, we have a team full of rookies", or "this is only Shurmur's 2nd year of head coaching", etc. before we can finally admit to ourselves that those excuses don't fly anymore and that the team needs to hold themselves accountable for their lack of results on the field? As I said earlier, I'm not advocating that JH3 come in and blow shit up and start from scratch, but some sort of change has to happen and it has to happen ASAP if we have any hopes of remotely having a respectable season.

I think this quote from Banner in his introduction speech sums up my views perfectly:

"I view continuity as an important element,” Banner said. “You have to pick the right time to kind of begin the clock on continuity. When you feel like you’ve got the organization set up with the right people, then you have continuity.”

As it stands right now, the Browns organization does not have all the right personnel in place to produce a winning team; until the changes are made to correct that, then the point of having continuity is moot.

:D Weeden is the QB us fans have been waited for. Cooper - Gorden - Little are going to be a great receiving corp for years to come..... give them time... We've waited this l-o-n-g. Real Browns fans will cheer and watch as we develop into the Browns team we can be proud of.

You little bitches that ONLY complain and talk shit should just jump on another team and shut up already or watch MLB...somebody has to!

Archived