THE BROWNS BOARD

Leftwich Has Two Broken Ribs And A Hurt Shoulder

RAVENS PURPLE RULES

Likely out for the Browns game.

Courtesy of the Ravens. Looks like you guys get Batch.

Just be glad you didn't have to deal with a healthy Roethlisberger last night. Your Ratbirds would have been slaughtered.

We would have played up. We will be undefeated in the division.

Please your starting offense mustered what last night again? The only reason you saw a touchdown was because of a return by Jacoby Jones. Flacco isn't that good. Ray Rice was stone walled and with Ben under center those misthrows on Byron's part wouldn't have happened. The only way you MAYBE go undefeated in the division is if Ben isn't back for round 2. If for some reason he isn't the Rat birds will one and done. Flacco doesn't cut the mustard and your defense is a shell of it's former self. Thank your lucky stars for the injuries that have plagued the Steelers this season. Personally I think Bert should stop shaving is unibrow, at least then he can be known for back dooring Ernie in the Seasame Street closest instead of consistently playing 3rd fiddle in the AFC North.

Whoever they start, will beat us. I would rather have the 4th backup QB on the STeelers than Brandon "off target" Weeden

If the Browns lose it will not be because the Steeler's offense did anything spectacular but because a Dick LeBeau defense has never lost to a rookie QB.

That is what I heard...NEVER.

So, you would think that the Browns would have a better than even chance against the Steelers 3rd string QB, but that statistic concerns me.

And FYI, it doesn't matter who plays. Polamalu and Harrison and etc. etc. are "stars" because they play in LeBeau's system. Anywhere else and they may be mediocre.

Hoyer is from Cleveland. St. Ignatius. Went to Mich. State I believe. (It wouldn't surprise me if he stays there as a backup long term)

Who did they take off the roster to put those two on?

Baron Batch (I would have preferred they keep him on the roster) and Marshall McFadden. I also wouldn't be surprised with Hoyer. He played well when he was with the Patriots and he's accurate. Realistically with the Haley offense all you need to be is accurate because it's a lot of calculated dinks and dunks. It's also exactly why I expect Batch to have a good game but we'll see.

Baron Batch (I would have preferred they keep him on the roster) and Marshall McFadden. I also wouldn't be surprised with Hoyer. He played well when he was with the Patriots and he's accurate. Realistically with the Haley offense all you need to be is accurate because it's a lot of calculated dinks and dunks. It's also exactly why I expect Batch to have a good game but we'll see.

You musta had a batch of batches on that team....or was it biatches.

Literally just laughed out loud.

Zombo

I like Hoyer and he'd still be a Patriot if they didn't get a crack at Mallet. A lot of that fan base was actually upset when Hoyer was cut because he was better than Mallet at the time. Either way I don't think anyone is expecting Hoyer to be a league killer. He'd have been on a team already if that were the case. I also think they could have done a lot worse with a FA wide receiver than Plaxico so I like the signing. They tried to sign him before he went to the jets but he wanted more guaranteed money so he signed with them instead. Longer deal with the steelers but less guaranteed money. I don't even expect Plaxico to be the number 4 when Cotchery returns but who knows he may surprise. As of right now we just have Wallace, Sanders and Gilreath because both Cotchery and Brown are injured. Name another FA wr worth picking up? Exactly.

I like Hoyer and he'd still be a Patriot if they didn't get a crack at Mallet. A lot of that fan base was actually upset when Hoyer was cut because he was better than Mallet at the time. Either way I don't think anyone is expecting Hoyer to be a league killer. He'd have been on a team already if that were the case. I also think they could have done a lot worse with a FA wide receiver than Plaxico so I like the signing. They tried to sign him before he went to the jets but he wanted more guaranteed money so he signed with them instead. Longer deal with the steelers but less guaranteed money. I don't even expect Plaxico to be the number 4 when Cotchery returns but who knows he may surprise. As of right now we just have Wallace, Sanders and Gilreath because both Cotchery and Brown are injured. Name another FA wr worth picking up? Exactly.

Yeah- and right now Wallace is the only wr you have that's any better than the Browns top 3. Well, gee when we're healthy. I fully expect you to play the pity card when you get beat Sunday. Hell you've already used it to explain away your loss to the Ravens.

Yeah- and right now Wallace is the only wr you have that's any better than the Browns top 3. Well, gee when we're healthy. I fully expect you to play the pity card when you get beat Sunday. Hell you've already used it to explain away your loss to the Ravens.

Gordon isn't better than Sanders. EDIT: And Brown is better than all of them by a long shot. You're insane.

And you wonder why people give you no credibility. As much as you claim others have fan-colored goggles on, this statement is so completely wrong and of the homer nature that you can't be taken seriously. ever.

He isn't. Sanders has been battling a foot injury for most of his career, he's healthy for the first time in a while and simply has two wide receivers better than anything on the Browns ahead of him. I'm not trying to be a dick or a homer, it's just a fact right now. Sanders is also the best route runner on the team and with Brown gone has stepped up and made quite a few crucial catches. He'd be higher on the depth chart on plenty of other teams. It's sort of hard to argue against the notion that the Steelers have one of the best cores in the NFL. Sanders is good, he just hasn't had as many opportunities to show it.

EDIT: And just because you're excited about Gordon doesn't make him the be all end all. He has at least 2 garbage time td's. Compare his stats to Sanders right now. He has more td's and he's being used a deep threat. Sanders is NOT being used as a deep threat because there is a guy named Mike Wallace on the team AND the Steelers aren't taking as many shots down field. Gordon seems to be good but he's running deep, he's not running routes. Sanders as I said previously is the best route runner on the Steelers and that's with some pretty top tier company. If Mike Wallace leaves in FA you'll start to see what I'm talking about as Sanders will then be the number 2.

Serious question here. Does Hoyer or any other player for that matter have to sign a confidentiality agreement? If they get cut during the season can they give the plays to a rival? Always wondered that.

The answer is no. If a team cuts a player, that player has an obligation to his new team to help them. IMO

He isn't. Sanders has been battling a foot injury for most of his career, he's healthy for the first time in a while and simply has two wide receivers better than anything on the Browns ahead of him. I'm not trying to be a dick or a homer, it's just a fact right now. Sanders is also the best route runner on the team and with Brown gone has stepped up and made quite a few crucial catches. He'd be higher on the depth chart on plenty of other teams. It's sort of hard to argue against the notion that the Steelers have one of the best cores in the NFL. Sanders is good, he just hasn't had as many opportunities to show it.

EDIT: And just because you're excited about Gordon doesn't make him the be all end all. He has at least 2 garbage time td's. Compare his stats to Sanders right now. He has more td's and he's being used a deep threat. Sanders is NOT being used as a deep threat because there is a guy named Mike Wallace on the team AND the Steelers aren't taking as many shots down field. Gordon seems to be good but he's running deep, he's not running routes. Sanders as I said previously is the best route runner on the Steelers and that's with some pretty top tier company. If Mike Wallace leaves in FA you'll start to see what I'm talking about as Sanders will then be the number 2.

Gee, another well, he's been hurt- but he's really good. Funny how when Whines Hard retires the hit Ward leveled in the Cowboys game (that cost the Browns the game & Whines made a living on) is suddenly illegal.

Gee, another well, he's been hurt- but he's really good. Funny how when Whines Hard retires the hit Ward leveled in the Cowboys game (that cost the Browns the game & Whines made a living on) is suddenly illegal.

It was made illegal because of Hines Ward, stop being a moron and the hit Ward delivered shouldn't have been a penalty and I commented on it after the game. Bad call by the official. Stop grasping at straws man.

Jeez, yeah, let's bet. YOu can have the Browns and the points. The WORST thing that could have happened to the Browns is for BAtch to be starting, or worse, Big Ben. With SLow-wich we had a chance.

The Steelers are going to clobber us, now. Plaxico was a good pick up, I don't know what kind of shape he is in, but he can get up high, he's fast and he catches the ball.

Ill say Steelers 31 - 13

I'm not saying we're going to win- but looking at the line- the game is now a pick 'em, no points involved. First time this season for the Browns. I would say bet the under- because neither team is going to be able to score much.

Archived