THE BROWNS BOARD

Leftwich Has Two Broken Ribs And A Hurt Shoulder

RAVENS PURPLE RULES

Jeez, yeah, let's bet. YOu can have the Browns and the points. The WORST thing that could have happened to the Browns is for BAtch to be starting, or worse, Big Ben. With SLow-wich we had a chance.

The Steelers are going to clobber us, now. Plaxico was a good pick up, I don't know what kind of shape he is in, but he can get up high, he's fast and he catches the ball.

Ill say Steelers 31 - 13

Damn i had been sick but i would have taken you up on the wager for sure..

You have bee correct on a lot of things.. but i think it is safe to say you were DEAD wrong on this one.

Hey let me gloat i am not right very often :lol:

Sanders looked like a pussy to me. Another great call by the dumbest fucking troll on the internet.

lol. He and Heath Miller were the only offense we had. 5 catches for 75 yards with a inept QB, yep that defines "pussy". lol

He looked terrible. LOLOLOLOLOLOLLMAOAMAOALAOAL

Lol. Thanks for the laugh, seriously. YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE! and she likes POOP! P is for POOP, poop, poop, poop. (I can play this game too!)

Lol. Thanks for the laugh, seriously. YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE! and she likes POOP! P is for POOP, poop, poop, poop. (I can play this game too!)

Thanks for playing- we TOLD you Gordon is better than all your WRs short of Wallace- and Super Joe turned him into a non-factor.

When the Browns find a CB that's worthy to replace Brown- one int doesn't exactly make up for 2 serious mistakes- we won't give a crap if Ben plays, or not.

Thanks for playing- we TOLD you Gordon is better than all your WRs short of Wallace- and Super Joe turned him into a non-factor.

When the Browns find a CB that's worthy to replace Brown- one int doesn't exactly make up for 2 serious mistakes- we won't give a crap if Ben plays, or not.

I responded to similar in the other thread, only now I'm going to be less gracious. How the hell did Gordon prove he was better than anyone today? He had 4 catches for 60 yards, he looked solid but did he cement himself as the best on the field today? Absolutely not. Sanders comparatively had 5 catches for 75 yards. If you struggle with math that's 15 more yards and one more catch. All with Charlie Batch our 3rd string QB slinging the rock. You saw how that went. We turned it over 8 times and lost by 6 points. As I said in the other thread.... Charlie Batch, Charlie Batch, Charlie Batch. He was putrid and targeted Wallace maybe 4 times. I'm not sure on the definitive number. You're also hilariously delusional to assume two very good cornerbacks run a defense. How is that working out in New York? Philly? I don't remember you being so ridiculous in the past Hoorta. Is the message board rubbing off on you now?

I responded to similar in the other thread, only now I'm going to be less gracious. How the hell did Gordon prove he was better than anyone today? He had 4 catches for 60 yards, he looked solid but did he cement himself as the best on the field today? Absolutely not. Sanders comparatively had 5 catches for 75 yards. If you struggle with math that's 15 more yards and one more catch. All with Charlie Batch our 3rd string QB slinging the rock. You saw how that went. We turned it over 8 times and lost by 6 points. As I said in the other thread.... Charlie Batch, Charlie Batch, Charlie Batch. He was putrid and targeted Wallace maybe 4 times. I'm not sure on the definitive number. You're also hilariously delusional to assume two very good cornerbacks run a defense. How is that working out in New York? Philly? I don't remember you being so ridiculous in the past Hoorta. Is the message board rubbing off on you now?

Calm down, don't get mad. Yeah, you lost, (us Browns fans think it SHOULDA been a lot worse, with another coach) and after next week, your season goes in the toilet. To be fair, the Browns would have gotten blown out if they had the equivalent amount of injuries.

BTW, you can't play the woulda, shoulda card if Ben had played. He didn't. LOL, so your guy has one more catch for 15 more yards, and he's THAT much better? BS.

You don't watch every Browns game- but I will tell you this- Brown gets targeted- EVERY time in critical situations- BECAUSE HE SUCKS. Joe shuts the other side of the field down. Maybe you don't read the other threads- but another decent CB is about #2 on every Brown's fans wish list. Sheldon should be moved back to S, because he's plain not good enough to be a starting CB in the NFL anymore.

Calm down, don't get mad. Yeah, you lost, (us Browns fans think it SHOULDA been a lot worse, with another coach) and after next week, your season goes in the toilet. To be fair, the Browns would have gotten blown out if they had the equivalent amount of injuries.

BTW, you can't play the woulda, shoulda card if Ben had played. He didn't. LOL, so your guy has one more catch for 15 more yards, and he's THAT much better? BS.

You don't watch every Browns game- but I will tell you this- Brown gets targeted- EVERY time in critical situations- BECAUSE HE SUCKS. Joe shuts the other side of the field down. Maybe you don't read the other threads- but another decent CB is about #2 on every Brown's fans wish list. Sheldon should be moved back to S, because he's plain not good enough to be a starting CB in the NFL anymore.

Haden is paid to shut his side down. He was also drafted in the top 10 to do exactly that, HOWEVER the number one receiver in a deep offensive core is also tasked to take that player out of the game. Haden is all over Wallace, Brown or whomever is the number one option and the other guys run free. I never said Haden was bad but you're INSANE to think that with a different QB under center you wouldn't have been scored on multiple times today. You couldn't even get in the damn red zone without a turnover, 8 turnovers to be exact and you still only won by 6. You won. I've offered my congratulations on a few occasions and have been pretty gracious about it. However it's not a win i'd be EXCITED about. You had 8 opportunities to score touchdowns on a short field. You won by 6. One more time you won by 6. I'm also not mad I'm annoyed. People on this board need to understand I'm not a moron. I'm not going to get baited in to insult fests or make myself look like a moron. You can all stop with your own "cute parlor" tricks. I don't play those games.

Haden is paid to shut his side down. He was also drafted in the top 10 to do exactly that, HOWEVER the number one receiver in a deep offensive core is also tasked to take that player out of the game. Haden is all over Wallace, Brown or whomever is the number one option and the other guys run free. I never said Haden was bad but you're INSANE to think that with a different QB under center you wouldn't have been scored on multiple times today. You couldn't even get in the damn red zone without a turnover, 8 turnovers to be exact and you still only won by 6. You won. I've offered my congratulations on a few occasions and have been pretty gracious about it. However it's not a win i'd be EXCITED about. You had 8 opportunities to score touchdowns on a short field. You won by 6. One more time you won by 6. I'm also not mad I'm annoyed. People on this board need to understand I'm not a moron. I'm not going to get baited in to insult fests or make myself look like a moron. You can all stop with your own "cute parlor" tricks. I don't play those games.

OK- here's what your saying. ST BEN, SAVE US- WE'RE DAMN AVERAGE WITHOUT YOU.

What I'm (and others here are) saying is- take the rose colored mighty Steeler defense glasses off. Competent play calling with that kind of field position results in a hell of a lot of more than 2 touchdowns.

Apples to apples, (as I said before) had the same circumstances happened and the Steelers had been playing the Texans, Broncos, Patriots, or Packers, you would have been blown out. Yes, the Browns aren't an elite team yet- but they were better than the Steelers Sunday. We'll enjoy that this coming week.

OK- here's what your saying. ST BEN, SAVE US- WE'RE DAMN AVERAGE WITHOUT YOU.

What I'm (and others here are) saying is- take the rose colored mighty Steeler defense glasses off. Competent play calling with that kind of field position results in a hell of a lot of more than 2 touchdowns.

Apples to apples, (as I said before) had the same circumstances happened and the Steelers had been playing the Texans, Broncos, Patriots, or Packers, you would have been blown out. Yes, the Browns aren't an elite team yet- but they were better than the Steelers Sunday. We'll enjoy that this coming week.

Hoorta please find somewhere where I've argued otherwise? You're damn right that we'd have been destroyed if it were any of the teams you mentioned above. I'd also challenge you to look at those same teams and determine how they'd fair against a team with all their players minus their own starting quarterback. It's a quarterbacks league and if you don't have one you're not going to win a ton of games. Period.

You want to blame this loss on Charlie Batch, but that is complete and utter Bullshit.

Batch had only one bad interception....the one by Sheldon Brown. One was on a tipped ball and the other was on a long bomb that was just a prayer.

Batch was hitting Miller all day.....and you say that Sanders had 5 catches for 75 yards? I am surprised he did that well. If he did, then that is all in favor of Charlie Batch.

Sure, he threw a few ducklings because he was under some tremendous pressure at times behind a very mediocre OL...that lost at least one of its members.

Batch didn't lose this game for you. He couldn't target Wallace because Wallace was covered like a glove by Haden. He was smart for not targeting Wallace or else he would have had 2-3 more interceptions.

This game was lost by the Steelers because the Browns defense beat the shit out of the Steelers offense. It created fumbles by smashmouthing the Steelers players and by overwhelming the Steelers OLine.

Did the Steelers even get 50 yards running all game?

Batch was under a lot of pressure at times. At other times he played Haley's short quick passing game fairly well to get the ball out of his hands.

The Browns also won because their offense was just good enough to play the vaunted Steeler defense to a basic stalemate.

Yea, the defense held the Browns to about 100 yards rushing (still twice what the Steelers got), but when it counted TR blasted up the middle for a big gain TD, and the Browns did find an open TE in the endzone for a TD.

Recall that the Steelers only TDs were on the int. return, and on a gift of a 45 yard PI penalty. (I am not saying the penalty should not have been called...it was legit, just that Sheldon Brown didn't need to interfere to have defended that play). Except for Heath Miller the Steeler receivers and RBs did little or nothing.

• 9 months later...

'Homotron', on 20 Nov 2012 - 5:40 PM, said:

The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

Literally just laughed out loud.

Zombo

and here is where I stood on Brian Hoyer a year ago when the Steelers signed him

Zombo

--because he sucked when he was a Steeler, but he's going to be great as a Brown!

Archived