THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden....just Pathetic........

browns1979

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ready for colt right now as well. Fuck weeden. He sucks.

And nobody better say "oh it wasnt fault it was tipped".......nonsense, that wasn't an unavoidable tip. It was well off the line of scrimmage and weeden should have been able to see that was obviously in the path of the throw.

just a dreadful throw.

we'll never know who would have played better with this offensive package, weeden or mccoy. because mccoy will never get that chance, barring injury. there was never a true competition and even if weeds throws 5 ints shurmur and holmgren will never admit (by benching weeden) to wasting a first round pick on a 39 year old guy that can only throw a baseball.

BUT that's why YOU HAVE to play the guy. he came with a BIG price tag with that valuable pick (doug marting was right there). ain't no going back unless haslam decides he's not the guy. and from what i've seen from other qbs this year....he ain't the guy.

Classic. Always rooting for the Backup QB. If Colt were to come in you guys would start rooting for the third string..

I think most of us know colt sucks and has no future going forward with us. But benching weeden for colt would accomplish two things:

1) send a message that we still need a decent qb for the future and that we have no long term plans for either of these guys

2) give us someone to root for who is a little more likable like I said above

I'm ready for colt right now as well. Fuck weeden. He sucks.

what do you care? didn't you say you were "done with this team" like the first game of the season?

changing your avatar dosen't change the fact that you jumped ship a while ago.

we'll never know who would have played better with this offensive package, weeden or mccoy. because mccoy will never get that chance, barring injury. there was never a true competition and even if weeds throws 5 ints shurmur and holmgren will never admit (by benching weeden) to wasting a first round pick on a 39 year old guy that can only throw a baseball.

BUT that's why YOU HAVE to play the guy. he came with a BIG price tag with that valuable pick

it was a bad pick.....a wasted pick. Sometimes you just accept your losses and move on, rather than compounding the loss

Weeden stares down recievers, which is part of why a guy with his height has so many balls batted down. He was advertised as an accurate thrower, which he is not. I've waited to make up my mind on Weeden, but right now he looks like Derek Anderson part two, big arm, small brain. At 2-8, I would like to see what Colt can do with this improved offensive line and receiving corps. Why the hell not? Weeden is stinking it up and we are 2-8, it's not like we are playing for a playoff spot.

We are a couple players away from a really decent defense. Sheldon Brown has to go, we need another couple corners to go with Haden. Notice the Steelers can't run the ball on us? That is improvement after watching teams run at will on us going back to the Crennel era.

Weeden stares down recievers, which is part of why a guy with his height has so many balls batted down. He was advertised as an accurate thrower,

by who? himself? the gm who picked his sorry ass?

Anyone watching 2 minutes of oklahoma state game film last season could see there was nothing accurate about him. The whole offense consisted of up tempo bubble screens and swing passes and throwing crossing routes to a wide open Justin Blaclmon.....never once did I watch oklahoma state play last year and said "yeah, this guy is a future nfl qb".....

he never had to hold the ball that extra second and slide away in the pocket of a rush and throw a tight windo0w strike downfield.....not once in his whole college career for that team and that conference. Im kinda bummed that bama beat that out now for the national title game against LSU because if weeden and co. had had to face that beast of an LSU defense mo claiborne, erid reid, sam montgomery, kiko mingo and the rest of them would have exposed our qb for the fraud he was(it would have been ugly) and he would have fallen way way down the draft

Let's rename this thread "Home of the bitch-pussies".

Keep crying, ladies.

knew you'd show up and say the same old thing.

i never understood why fans of the same team call out other fans for been critical of a player. it's not like either one has anything personally invested in said player.

as the poster above said...we're fucking 2 and 8. why not throw the other QB in? can it be any worse? it's not like all of a sudden the switch in weeden's head is going to go on.

but hey, i'll let it play out just like it is. i understand the guy is a first round pick and we have to play him. believe me i WANT the guy to succeed. i WANT this team to WIN.

there will be a lot of changing opinions at the end of the year. and if it's my opinion that's changed, i'll be the first one to step up and admit it. but let's be realistic. if weeden doesn't do enough to impress haslam in these games.....i don't think he's the type of guy to go all-in on an old rookie who had superior weapons than the guy before him and lead the team to a worse record.

knew you'd show up and say the same old thing.

i never understood why fans of the same team call out other fans for been critical of a player. it's not like either one has anything personally invested in said player.

as the poster above said...we're fucking 2 and 8. why not throw the other QB in? can it be any worse? it's not like all of a sudden the switch in weeden's head is going to go on.

but hey, i'll let it play out just like it is. i understand the guy is a first round pick and we have to play him. believe me i WANT the guy to succeed. i WANT this team to WIN.

there will be a lot of changing opinions at the end of the year. and if it's my opinion that's changed, i'll be the first one to step up and admit it. but let's be realistic. if weeden doesn't do enough to impress haslam in these games.....i don't think he's the type of guy to go all-in on an old rookie who had superior weapons than the guy before him and lead the team to a worse record.

Because we're 2 and 8. We're not making the playoffs. The season ends Week 17. Why throw the other kid in when he's not in the plans to be the QB of the future. This is just practice for Weeden at this point.

Do you think the Panthers should throw in Jimmy Clausen? He got a "bad wrap" and hasn't really had the opportunity to show what he's made of yet. And he's a second round pick, Colt's a third.

I'm not saying Weeden has been a world-beater. It's been extremely rough watching him. But there's not a better QB on the roster and there's not a better QB in the draft. So this talk of benching Weeden and re-drafting is stupid.

And frankly, I get tired of seeing the same people say over and over "This guy sucks, if we put in the backup we'd be [insert stupid prediction here]."

but you're viewing this whole conversation with blinders on. it's a logical discussion. people will always second guess and wonder. what's wrong with that? sure it won't change anything but it's a part of human nature. what if? shoulda. coulda.woulda.

i'm sure you've heard of debating. what's so different with this? the 'science' behind this is: did colt get a fair shot (considering that they were going out to get HIM these new weapons on offense)? how would have he done this year given those weapons? that's all. nothing more. nothing less.

if you're that offended by the topic you shouldn't stress yourself by reading it and above all not respond to it.

:lol: just kiddin man.

not everyone is going to agree with everyone on every topic.

but you're viewing this whole conversation with blinders on. it's a logical discussion. people will always second guess and wonder. what's wrong with that? sure it won't change anything but it's a part of human nature. what if? shoulda. coulda.woulda.

i'm sure you've heard of debating. what's so different with this? the 'science' behind this is: did colt get a fair shot (considering that they were going out to get HIM these new weapons on offense)? how would have he done this year given those weapons? that's all. nothing more. nothing less.

if you're that offended by the topic you shouldn't stress yourself by reading it and above all not respond to it.

:lol: just kiddin man.

not everyone is going to agree with everyone on every topic.

That's all well and good. You show me where anyone has discussed what Colt may have done.

I'm all for constructive criticism and debate, but all this thread has proved to be is a bitching post about how Weeden gets balls batted at the line and how picking him was a dumb pick. Nothing constructive about that.

If we want to place blame on not being able to put this away, let's talk about the ultra conservative draw playcall on 3rd and 31. I'm not saying Weeden is great, I'm just saying Shurmer is worse.

Blah Blah Blah, i'm thinking your Dad should have Pulled Out.

For real, listen to yourself babble about your bullshit. Go back and read your messages, you will realize how dumb you sound.

How can you not want to see another QB run this 2012 Offense? Like Toxic said, HORSE BLINDERS!

Thanks for making my point.

Pussy.

Call me when you contribute to actual conversation.

Wrong. Weeden is the future. He's already miles better than any QB in the 013 draft and possibly the 014 as well. If he wasn't 29 he would have been picked above Tannehill last year.

Yes, he's made some mistakes - as every quarterback will make. Expecting perfection [as though it's achievable] shows you know nothing about sports.

Archived